Life Plan?

Have any of you got one?

I’ll go first.

i will graduate in 2011 with a 1st class Bacelors in Management Science. I plan to get some work helping organise the 2012 olympics in london, then work for whatever company that is organising the 2014 commonwealth games in glasgow…

then after that i would like to continue organising sporting events etc… maybe continue with the olympics, i predict 2016 will be in Chicago and 2020 will be in India.

Or i would quite like to get a job within a major sporting team; organising their travel arrangements, sponsership deals etc, or within a major stadium, organising a variety of events.

basically i want to combine my flair and like of organising things and my love for sport and music.

however an important thing to me is not to be stuck behind a desk doing the same damn thing for 40 years. i dont mind being stuck behind a desk, but aslong as each year is different id be happy.

i would like to retire before im 50. and have a house in ireland, a house in south america and one in eastern europe. Then i would die a happy man.

Now please share.

I will continue to workout for the rest of my life. I will never settle for how I am, I will aways improve.

I will have 4 world records by the age of sixty (fifty one this year). I will train to achieve all eight record (4 over all and 4 over fifty)

I will work for a living until I no longer need to.

I will eat in a manner that will increase my abilities to succeed at everything I attempt. I will attempt to out live every asshole I have ever met.

Most of all I will not do that which makes me sad, regretful or brings me dishonored or shame.

What if my life plan was to fuck up your life plan? Food for thought…

[quote]dk44 wrote:
What if my life plan was to fuck up your life plan? Food for thought…[/quote]

i wudnt let you… cuz i beleive im better.

My only life plan is to not plan my life…

[quote]thosebananas wrote:
dk44 wrote:
What if my life plan was to fuck up your life plan? Food for thought…

i wudnt let you… cuz i beleive im better. [/quote]

Obviously you’re not the better speller.

1.) Get big
2.) ???
3.) Profit

Having a plan is a good thing. But It is important to know that just having a plan or just setting some goals doesn’t necessarily put you any closer to achieving them. Goal setting can be just as much of a skill as executing them. Being that one of your goals is to study managerial sciences though, I’m sure you’ll get a good grasp on that though. Good luck.

[quote]arnoud verschoor wrote:
My only life plan is to not plan my life…[/quote]

Amen!

life never works out the way you want it however I’d like to move out of home in the next 12 months

Short term - Get the motivation to do my dishes more than one plate/fork/knife combination at a time.

Mid-term - acquiesce to defeat in the former

Midder-term - prep for my san dan test, either next year or year after

mid-midder-term - continue on current financial path to security and comfort now and forever (to be read as "not knockin’ up no bitch-ass-ho [further reading to include “lasering the pipes so my sperm don’t get to fertilize and egg”)

Continue my slip into insanity wherein I am the villain in the best comic in the world.

Short Term- Become a Firefighter (been working on that one for a while), buy a house.

Mid Term- Get a wood shop, make furniture.

Long Term- Do something exceptionally badass. What, I don’t know, but I will be written about for the rest of time, Like John Henry, or The Viking at Stamford Bridge.

Retirement- Turn my On/Off switch to Off.

[quote]arnoud verschoor wrote:
My only life plan is to not plan my life…[/quote]

Those who fail to plan, plan to fail.

[quote]EG wrote:
arnoud verschoor wrote:

Those who fail to plan, plan to fail.[/quote]

How is that?

I will graduate in the businness. Probably managemnt, or administrartion. This is in Europe.

Thne I plan on studying restaurant and hotel managemnt, nd then i think i will open a restaurant or so-own one.

In any case, I will get rich… filthy ricsh.

[quote]EG wrote:
arnoud verschoor wrote:

Those who fail to plan, plan to fail.[/quote]

Those who use that quote as a comeback has caught the ghey.

[quote]Alquemist wrote:
I will graduate in the businness. Probably managemnt, or administrartion. This is in Europe.

Thne I plan on studying restaurant and hotel managemnt, nd then i think i will open a restaurant or so-own one.

In any case, I will get rich… filthy ricsh.[/quote]

either you were drunk r ive found a worse speller than me. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
life never works out the way you want it[/quote]

That may be true, and you will no doubt run into obstacles especially if you plan to do better than average, however, I know way too many people who use the possibility of failure as an excuse to avoid ever trying much to begin with.

We were made to come up with a “5 year plan” when we were in high school. I think having clear concise goals keeps you from being complacent.

I have actually had conversations with people where they have insisted that an education or a career doesn’t mean anything because you could lose it tomorrow. I never met someone who thinks that way who has achieved very much.

[quote]imhungry wrote:
EG wrote:
arnoud verschoor wrote:

Those who fail to plan, plan to fail.

How is that?

[/quote]

Because having goals creates a clear path to achieving them. Not having clear goals leaves you twisting in the wind.

It sounds cool to go through life with no clear goals…until you wake up at 40 years of age wondering where the time went.

I want to graduate with a Juris Doctor before I’m 28.

I want to be in a position to quit IT and begin a career as a barrister and then ultimately become either a judge or magistrate. I’m thinking I’ll start off as a Judge’s Associate.

In the meantime I want to become an expert in my current role as a Performance Tester.

Throw in a loving relationship with someone of the opposite sex and that’ll do me.

Everyone I know thinks its weird for me to attempt to gain a JD when I have already graduated and have a decent career in IT.

If I knew that I’d be in the same role 10 years from now I’d probably take my own life. How fucking boring.

Confucius say: The exemplary person pursues harmony, not sameness.