Life Just is Really Tough Sometimes

I am sitting in the Med in Memphis right now really at a loss to why life has to be so rough sometimes.

My fiance’s sister who was 2 years younger than her has a 1 year old little daughter had a terrible car accident last night. She broke both femurs which came through the skin, crushed her pelvis, has some minor internal bleeding, and is on a ventilator for blood clots in her lungs. It is unknown at this time, if she will pull through. Touch and go right now.

Her parents who I love as much as my own and who have treated me beyond what anyone could ask for; I feel for them the greatest. This is their last child. The other being lost 1.5 years ago. So, I sit here with my thoughts and my tears hoping for the best.

Brings back what her Uncle said to me when we were about to turn off the ventilators and say goodbye for the last time 1.5 years ago. He is an old salt of the earth man. Worked as a large engine repair man for boats, oil rigs, etc and owned his own shrimping boats.

He said, “Son, when I was young I used to think real men didn’t cry, but when I grew up and lost my oldest boy. I looked back and I was full of shit. You go on and let those tears flow for no one here not even that little boy will think you less of a man.”

Sorry to hear man, best wishes.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Sorry to hear this big man. Thougths sent your way, stay strong and we hope for the best.

[quote]theBeth wrote:
Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. [/quote]

Love this.

I am very sorry this has happened to your loved ones. I hope only the best for you and yours…

No one deserves to go through what you have been through in the past couple years. Best of wishes to your family and to you.

Thoughts and Prayers.

Sorry to hear, stay strong!

You are in my prayers. May you all find the strength and peace needed to get through this

Really terrible to hear about this mate. You and your family deserve a break. I’m glad you’ve got people like her uncle around.

Best wishes

Wow, I know life has been testing your strength for some time now, but know that many are wishing the best for you and your loved ones. Keep strong, bud.

Praying for ya brother.

Times like these are the times I most appreciate lifting, as it’s a constant in an otherwise chaotic life. Stay strong, get stronger, and remember you are far from being the strongest you will be.

And to everyone else, thank you.

[quote]Bauber wrote:
I am sitting in the Med in Memphis right now really at a loss to why life has to be so rough sometimes.

My fiance’s sister who was 2 years younger than her has a 1 year old little daughter had a terrible car accident last night. She broke both femurs which came through the skin, crushed her pelvis, has some minor internal bleeding, and is on a ventilator for blood clots in her lungs. It is unknown at this time, if she will pull through. Touch and go right now.

Her parents who I love as much as my own and who have treated me beyond what anyone could ask for; I feel for them the greatest. This is their last child. The other being lost 1.5 years ago. So, I sit here with my thoughts and my tears hoping for the best.

Brings back what her Uncle said to me when we were about to turn off the ventilators and say goodbye for the last time 1.5 years ago. He is an old salt of the earth man. Worked as a large engine repair man for boats, oil rigs, etc and owned his own shrimping boats.

He said, “Son, when I was young I used to think real men didn’t cry, but when I grew up and lost my oldest boy. I looked back and I was full of shit. You go on and let those tears flow for no one here not even that little boy will think you less of a man.”[/quote]

Bauber, you are one hell of a stand-up guy. I know a lot of people who’ve been in your shoes over the past few years wouldn’t have had the guts or the integrity to do what you’ve done, and that counts for a lot in my (random anonymous internet) book. I am terribly sorry to hear about this happening all over to you and your loved ones.

One of the biggest guys I ever met, an old offensive lineman 6’7" and 330+ lbs named Tim told me once “I cry all the time, it’s the language of the soul…and if you’re a human being you have one that needs to speak and be heard.” For an old athlete he was a pretty wise guy.

I’ll be praying for you guys and for her especially.

[quote]J. Prufrock wrote:
Wow, I know life has been testing your strength for some time now, but know that many are wishing the best for you and your loved ones. Keep strong, bud.[/quote]

I’ve been going through a lot of shit the last 4 years. It’s not been easy, it’s stuff that keeps you up all night every night and makes you look at bottles of whiskey like medicine. I’m a firm believer that there is an oasis on the other side of this for ya Bauber, nobody knows when but I’m just starting to see a little of it myself. It takes somebody with integrity and faith to see it through though, and that you have. Don’t lose faith.

My thoughts and prayers, Bauber.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:

He said, “Son, when I was young I used to think real men didn’t cry, but when I grew up and lost my oldest boy. I looked back and I was full of shit. You go on and let those tears flow for no one here not even that little boy will think you less of a man.”[/quote]

Bauber, you are one hell of a stand-up guy. I know a lot of people who’ve been in your shoes over the past few years wouldn’t have had the guts or the integrity to do what you’ve done, and that counts for a lot in my (random anonymous internet) book. I am terribly sorry to hear about this happening all over to you and your loved ones.

One of the biggest guys I ever met, an old offensive lineman 6’7" and 330+ lbs named Tim told me once “I cry all the time, it’s the language of the soul…and if you’re a human being you have one that needs to speak and be heard.” For an old athlete he was a pretty wise guy.

I’ll be praying for you guys and for her especially.[/quote]

Can’t add much more than what was said. Keep your head up and make the best of that you can.

Best wishes pal

Also something about crying

Your family seems close and strong…be there for one another and I hope that you may all find peace soon.