Life is a Competition

I played hockey for six years. Now I play soccer and wrestle. I bike, snowboard and lift for fun.

Baseball has always been where my heart is…a neighborhood dad drafted me for the T-ball league at age 4 (age 6-10 league)…played sports year round thru HS…varsity soccer, basketball and baseball in HS…nothing organized anymore…some intramurals…shooting around, throwing with the lil’ bro, staying active. Aspirations: competitive BB, triathalon…I like the attitude of competing against oneself everyday, trying to do just a little better, living life to the fullest.

Hoser, you've got to teach me to play some ice hockey, bro! That's hella cool and I've been wanting to forever. Dre, you're a friggin' warrior! Goldberg, I swear, you've got to be one intense, hella cool mofo!

I played golf till 26 and was on a 1 handicap when I gave it away, done a few triathlons, and 1/2 marathons since, started lifting 4 1/2 yrs ago at age 34. I too am super competitive and hate losing. Good to see so many rugby fans on the forum, go the All Blacks!

BMX, downhill MTB, maybe some PL or OL someday…

Stiffler I used to race Moto and till 2 1/2 years ago i used to race Superbikes took a spill that took me to recently to recover, I doubt ill Race again since i was a priveteer and its tough to get the cash but i still have my bikes and go burn a couple rookies on track days lol. I used to play offensive and Defensive linemen in High school lost the big game for the state championship got offerd a couple scholerships but decided to continue the Bike racing instead.

Back in the high school days I was extremely serious and competitive about being a better football player, which is how I involved with the iron. Once the days of football ended and I found out that for financial reasons I couldn’t play in college, I dedicated my life to my lifting. Now everyday I am in constant competition with myself and my lifts. I have pretty respectable numbers so I may get into some powerlifting competitions to satisfy that competitive urge, but damn I miss football.

My competitive sports life is a circle, maybe a figure eight: First BMX as a kid, then car racing, then BMX racing again as a big kid, now back to car racing. Who knows where it’s all going to lead…

I compete in the firefighter combat challenge billed as the toughest 2 minutes in sports !

I know this doesn’t sound like a T-Man sport, but I’m a highly competitive Tennis Player. Unfortunately I recently moved to Nashville and haven’t been able to find anyone who can play worth shit.

Hyphnz, I know this isn’t a spelling class, but I believe it is spelled E-A-G-L-E-S, go Eagles, is what you meant, right?

Nevermind Hyphnz, I guess you did mean the All-Blacks, I was reading another of the threads and saw that you used the term ‘softcocks’ which I’ve only heard from the mouth of one other person, our Kiwi flyhalf, go Eagles anyways.

I kickbox and grapple, right now I’m getting ready for the IKF nationals in September.

Well…Played the usual sports as a kid. Also played semi-pro hockey. Drag racing. Western reining horse competitions. Used to compete in arm wrestling competitions but got a bad wrist now. Biggest competition was surviving a war nobody believed in. Still play some arena polo but the real competition is the gym against myself with each workout.

Right now, I am in deep training to be the Nathan’s hot dog eating contest winner. Competitive eating, a new field of growth. Ya know, the contest held every fourth of July where the goal is to eat as many full hot dogs in a set time. I have been using Ian King’s principles, but applied to eating. Every day, I roam from buffet to buffet and try to gradually, but consistently eat more food than I did in the previous meal. So far, I have been able to eat about 32 hot dogs (real ones, not that turkey dog or soy garbage) in about 90 seconds, but I am just not sure if I will be able to eat more than that little Japanese fellow. Wish me luck!

I play college football for ASU; I also do local powerlifting contests. My goal is to do bodybuilding competitions in the near future.

I played college basketball at a small division II school. I was a power forward and had a playing weight of between 198-205 (8% bodyfat)at a height of 6-5. I am now at 267@11% bodyfat. I guess all of that running was killing my ability to gain mass. My first suit out of college included a size 42 coat. I now wear a size 54 coat. I thought I was a hardgainer all those years. I look back and it seems kind of funny now that I thought that.

I’ve been training with weights for 27 years, but I just started competing in powerlifting. I also competed in Irish stepdancing for 16 years.

played a lot of sports early on, including soccer, baseball, volleyball, basketball and rugby (started at 12). Now the main sport is rugby and i just finished playing four years with the University of British Columbia varsity team and am looking for a premier club to play with in vancouver, canada…but it’s sevens season, and i’m just having fun until september!!!
“if ya don’t go 110%, the only way you’re coming off the field is on a stretcha”
-Jonah Lomu

I am competitive in bodybuilding (local natural show and hoping to qualify for the great britian this year)and play rugby for my university. Hyphnz ignore Mitchell - he is just sore from the stomping the Eagles got from the english second team (using some players who had not even been capped by their clubs yet and where only just out of school)- sorry mitchell truths a bitch!

I’ve never been a beliver in playing sports. I might get injured. And for what? I’d much rather compete in academics. It’ll lead to a much fatter wallet.