Life Before You Started Working Out?

[quote]chasing2400 wrote:
I was a fat kid (still fat, just alot stronger now, lol). I started lifting around 14 or so. At the time I weighted about 190-200. I played sports, but was carring around way to much fat. I fell in love the first day lifting.

Now (20+ years later), I’m 300+. At my heaviest (about 395lbs), I’ve benched over 500, inclined 550x2, seatd front presses with 400+, deadlifted 740, squated 770, curled 250. 23"+ arms, 66" jacket.

Weight training has served me well.[/quote]

Beast.

My weight change has been pretty drastic over the years as well. Started off at 17yrs old 5’11 and 145lbs.
Now sitting somewhere around 240 at around 12% and 6’1.5
I chalk a lot of the high school tough guys up to lack of maturity at that point in their lives. But it was very interesting to outweigh nearly all of them by the time I was done secondary school.

[quote]2lb Monkey wrote:
Outrage247 wrote:
I was the fat ass kid all through school. After high school I got a wake up call by doing something I can’t really remember at the moment.

Is it me or are all the stories about people being once fat or extremely skinny, then totally changing their lives through weight training. Thats cool.

I bet when you see people you used to go to school with, they think wow, he looks hyoooooj, ‘I used to pick on him(insert whatever was bad from being bigger/smaller)’.

I think the best thing I gained was confidence. I walked into the gym shitting my pants, not uderstanding what to do, thinking, OMG, hes big, but I found T-Nation, and my confidence around people in general has increased. I started to ‘shut up and lift’, and my confidence around other people than my friends increased, as I did not care anymore what they thought of my lifts.

I’ve also gone from 14in arms to 16 3/4 arms. Thats awsome for me as I feel better about myself (I was 190lb, 6,2, but never fat, I just looked skinny, now I have some slabs of muscle at just over 200lb).

Well, I’m an idiot, I can’t remember how to unquote something, lol.
[/quote]

Lets just say I can’t wait for my ten year reunion, even though it is 5-6 years off. I plan to walk into that reunion in insane shape and just fucking laugh my ass off at people who turn into fat asses and bust on them all night.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
I used to be coxwain for my school rowing squad.

If you know anything about rowing, you’ll appreciate just how tiny I was.

I was also the second smallest guy in my year at school. The other guy was also a coxwain, lol.

Now I’m 5’10", 200+ lbs and around 7-8%bf.

Thank you steroids :wink:

Bushy[/quote]

Wow you were small. I was stroke for my ltwt 8+, ltwt 4+, and the hvywt 8+ for my club. I was around 145 lbs soaking wet but managed to out pull other people bigger then me due to some good genetics for my legs and lungs. Now I still row, not as competitive anymore and am 200 lbs (cutting back down to about 180-185 in the coming weeks/months). I always kind of got shoved around and picked on for being small even on my own team they would crack jokes about being small and they would throw me in the river.

Now people just crack jokes about me being big and on steroids even though I’ve never used any gear. It’s a lose lose situation for me heh. Only difference is now I can throw people in the river or demolish them into the ground.

Starting lifting a while back but due to personal reasons was forced to put it on the shelf for the time being. Recently Ive picked up where I left off (which is basically the beginning) and have vowed to stick with it.

Life before lifting?

I’d say pretty damn boring :wink:

I “lifted” in high school, but saw no real gains. I was one of those retards curling in the squat rack. Walking into the gym, and no matter what day it was, starting my workout with bicep curls.

Then I joined the Marine Corps, and coming out of boot camp I was 6’foot 160lbs, so pretty skinny. Got to my first duty station, it was a tiny naval base in southern maryland with not much to do, so for 8 months straight i did not go out and just ate and lifted like it was my job, trying to learn as much as possible. In a year I gained 35 lbs, mostly muscle.

It was awesome going from one of the skinniest guys, to one of the biggest. Weight training has made everything in life better. One thing I’ve noticed is how people treat you. People seem to automatically treat you better and give you more respect.

Before, If i were in a bar and bumped into someone, it was an instant fight, now I just get “my bad man”, doesn’t sound like much, but it’s a lot of little stuff like that I notice. O, and went from fucking girls that were 5’s or 6’s, the occasional 7, now it’s much easier to bang 7, 8’s, and 9’s. so that’s always cool.

[quote]PF_88 wrote:
chasing2400 wrote:
I was a fat kid (still fat, just alot stronger now, lol). I started lifting around 14 or so. At the time I weighted about 190-200. I played sports, but was carring around way to much fat. I fell in love the first day lifting.

Now (20+ years later), I’m 300+. At my heaviest (about 395lbs), I’ve benched over 500, inclined 550x2, seatd front presses with 400+, deadlifted 740, squated 770, curled 250. 23"+ arms, 66" jacket.

Weight training has served me well.

Damn man, that’s some impressive numbers there, nice videos as well I’ve never seen dumbbells that can rack like that. How much are those dumbbells anyways?[/quote]

My training partner had the dumbbells and the hooks made. It’s great to not have to clean then get your body into position. We weighted them out to 210. After the IPA nationals, I want another crack at them. I want to do them for reps.

Thanks for he compliments of the video clips. Going to get some more up after the meet.

[quote]RockmanX88 wrote:
chasing2400 wrote:

Weight training has served me well.

Beast.[/quote]

Thanks! Hope to start besting those numbers soon.