Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

Its weird…I guess most people who are looking at my post are looking at my old threads according to this new system.:confused:

Hope the DOMS give you a break. I’m still paying a little bit from my meet last Saturday.

Glad your easing back into it Bulldog!

Congratulations to Dakota. He has a bright future. You and your wife have done well.

Commendable work with the young pups!

1 Like

Im confused at the moment… today I should be a walking case of the DOMS. I m feeling fine thats kinda weird

Pretty stupid of doing what I did… so much for easing back into it.

Again my wife gets all the credit. On a good note looks like Dakota might go into sports medicine…yippy family discount for me!!:grinning:

:relaxed: Thanks…hopefully he hasn’t peaked in High school.

Sports medicine would be a good choice. He could start his practice with all the guys on here.

Hmmm sounds like a plan

Think of the client base!

No kidding… I can make him pay me referral fees :mask:

Well here we go time to start pushing myself slightly.

Using a reasonable training max if not conservative at this point on my core movements sticking with the submax % approach.

Bench: 135 x 5
165x4
200x3
245 x 2
280 x 1
255 x 12
255 x 6
Stabilizers are kinda of weak … really had to focus on keeping it in the groove

Pulldowns: 5 x 10
Standing OHP: did 3 working sets of 10 with 100lbs wasn’t going to push it that hard.
Curls…whatever :unamused:

Its official…Scheduled the Pups classes yesterday.

No direction, state name, or even the word “state” in the name.

Congradulations!

What are you getting at?

Franklin College.

It sounds like it’s way harder to get into than East Tennessee State University.

Or more prestigeous than Middle Tennessee State University.

There must be a Northern West Indiana State Tech that people use for a “safety school.”

Franklin College sounds like a top choice.

Sorry… Flatsfarmer if i came off defensive, I started reading something into your statement which wasn’t there :relieved:
Well I didnt even think about what you brought up… But after reading what you posted I looked it up and the % of students the school accept compared to the number of applicants is lower than say Indiana University. Uhh…I guess maybe the school is harder to get into then I thought. Where hes attending is a small none state funded private Liberal arts college with a somewhat hefty tuition. Luckily… he was awarded a scholarship from the school which is paying for over 50% of it. He was accepted into all the six schools in the state he applied to but he decided on Franklin based on the Student /Professor ratio. Bottom line he didn’t want to be in a lecture hall with 300 some kids in a single class. Of course with this luxury comes a hefty price tag.

No worries.

My post was worded pretty clumsily.

It’s cool your son had the judgement to pick a school based on class size, not partying. And that he had the grades/ability and confidence to get in, plus get the scholarship. I didn’t want to bring up the price, but it does show that you’ve been planning ahead. I’m impressed with your son’s/family’s goal oriented approach. It kind of reminds me of the mental side thread. With the goal of being H.S. Valedictorian, the college entrance process, which can be stressful, went so fast.

I can imagine what that school costs. But it’ll be worth it.

I had 300+ in a lecture class with about 5 additional classrooms viewing on cctv. Those were the days.

Wasn’t your wording it was my poor comprehension skills …:slight_smile:
trust me I dont want to even think about the price. Hes pretty goal oriented kid I just hope when hes in school he doest become so focused that he misses out on the whole experience away from the books.