Bulldog: Leaning out the Old Dog

[quote]biker wrote:
Happy belated Thanksgiving. How’s the shoulder doing?[/quote]
Not to belated since I havent been in here for a few days…been in a very anti social mood as of late.

The shoulder is still pissing me off. Its only slightly better even with downing large amounts of anti inflammatory meds. Its diffidently having a negative impact on me motivation wise.

Snap out of it big man. Get back in there and do what you can until the shoulder heals up. So much for my motivational skills.

I thought you were always anti-social?? That’s one of the many things I like about you sir.

[quote]DBasler wrote:
Snap out of it big man. Get back in there and do what you can until the shoulder heals up. So much for my motivational skills.

I thought you were always anti-social?? That’s one of the many things I like about you sir. [/quote]
I admit im being a big pussy about it for some reason.

Getting off ass…getting on treadmill then some PT work on the right shoulder after

[quote]bulldog9899 wrote:
Getting off ass…getting on treadmill then some PT work on the right shoulder after[/quote]
Sometimes it’s hard to get started again. But you’ll feel better for it in the long run.

Everyone on here’s pulling for you.

Good you’re using a treadmill. Those !@#$%^& things build patience. You’re gonna work though your condition like a lot of guys on here, and at recovery be even tougher physically and mentally. You’ll likely re-experience your former lifting totals; that was one of my greatest worries in a similar experience.

Your logging will probably improve.

Try not, do or not do(Yoda). See that do starting to happen again so it’s only up from here.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

[quote]bulldog9899 wrote:
Getting off ass…getting on treadmill then some PT work on the right shoulder after[/quote]
Sometimes it’s hard to get started again. But you’ll feel better for it in the long run.[/quote]
Yeah not being 100% is really having a effect on me.

[quote]biker wrote:
Everyone on here’s pulling for you.

Good you’re using a treadmill. Those !@#$%^& things build patience. You’re gonna work though your condition like a lot of guys on here, and at recovery be even tougher physically and mentally. You’ll likely re-experience your former lifting totals; that was one of my greatest worries in a similar experience.

Your logging will probably improve. [/quote]
Yeah this right shoulder is deferentially becoming a exercise in patience. Just from prier experience Im afraid that there is more wrong then what the Doc thinks.

[quote]gorillavanilla wrote:
Try not, do or not do(Yoda). See that do starting to happen again so it’s only up from here.[/quote]

HOLY SHIT… Dakotas Football coach nominated him for something. He received this Email this evening.

Date: December 3, 2015 at 3:54:31 PM EST
To: ( Deleted contact info on this post)
Subject: 2015 Academic All-Stars presented by American Family Insurance

Dear Dakota ,

On behalf of the Indianapolis Colts, I want to congratulate you on being named to the 2015 Indiana High School Academic All-Star Team presented by American Family Insurance.

The Colts offer our sincerest congratulations to you, for your outstanding performance in the classroom and on the football field. You and 24 other high school players from around the state have been chosen based on these achievements.

To celebrate your accomplishment, the Colts would like to invite you to a pre-game award ceremony and Colts-Texans game at Lucas Oil Stadium, on Sunday, December 20. The ceremony will begin at approximately 8:30 a.m., in meeting rooms eight and nine, on event level of Lucas Oil Stadium.

Your parents and closest family members are invited to attend. Former Indianapolis Colts player and current Youth Football Commissioner, Mike Prior, will present you with a plaque to commemorate the event. You will also be honored during pre-game of the Colts game which kicks off at 1:00 p.m. Coaches and family members will not be allowed on the field during the presentation.

The Colts provide you with four (4) complimentary tickets to the game. These tickets are for you and three guests. Once you confirm you are able to attend, we will send you your itinerary, game tickets, parking pass, and event level passes. Please RSVP by replying to this e-mail, by Wednesday, December 9.

If you have any questions, please contact Colts account coordinator, Laura Porter, at or by e-mail at Laura.Porter@ You may also contact Colts account manager, Rob Louthain, or by e-mail at

Thank you,
Laura

Laura
Indianapolis Colts | Account Coordinator
Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center
7001 W. 56th Street | Indianapolis, IN 46254

Fantastic. We’ll expect some great photos.

Great news!

Congrats to Dakota!

My wife has agreed with me that I have shovels of shit that I have to eat… here is why. Going into Bullpups last season of Football I thought it would be a freaking waste of his time and he should have focused 100% of his attention towards wrestling to make a run at State. When i found out he wasn’t going to be a Linebacker and was going to be made a Defensive End his last year with his stature I damn near blew up.

Well was I wrong and I admit it now if only I could only get the taste out of my mouth it will all good.
The past few days has proven me VERY WRONG…

Last night was the awards banquet for his Football team. Where he was awarded Most valuable Defensive Lineman by the coaching staff along with getting his certificate for making All Conference as a Defensive End. Not to mention him making the Indianapolis Colts 2015 Indiana High School Academic All-Star Team . Which according to his coach will more or less will get him the IHSAA Football All state Academic Team award coming out in February.

I guess I will go back eating shit now…

In your face, Pops!

Congratulation to you and your son.

Congrats to your boy! especially for the academics…best of luck with the wrestling season!

And he’s got excellent grades too. You’ve raised a fine son. Congrats to him, and to you and your wife.

Maybe buy him some collar extenders for Christmas.

[quote]FlatsFarmer wrote:
In your face, Pops!

Congratulation to you and your son. [/quote]
I Know I know… Give me a break never thought that a 5’8 185 lbs kid could do that well at Defensive End considering what he had to go up against.

[quote]OldGoat wrote:
Congrats to your boy! especially for the academics…best of luck with the wrestling season![/quote]
Thanks… well hes out of wrestling for a week due to cauliflower ear