Bulldog: Rebuilding the Old Dog

Hope your fever has passed and you’re feeling much better.

Seems like you’ve had a spate of bad luck in terms of health and injuries. I am sending healing vibes your way.

[quote]DBasler wrote:
Hope you feel better. I have a cold that took me two weeks to get over. Hopefully, yours passes more quickly. Stuff is definitely going around. [/quote]
Nope like yours… I think this one is going to take as long as yours did.

[quote]gorillavanilla wrote:
Hope your fever has passed and you’re feeling much better.[/quote]
Ugh … its down. But im still running slightly hot at 99.5

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
Seems like you’ve had a spate of bad luck in terms of health and injuries. I am sending healing vibes your way.[/quote]
I will take all the healing vibes I can get at the moment. Its seems to be if it isnt one thing its another as of late.

What’s happening with son’s football?

[quote]biker wrote:
What’s happening with son’s football? [/quote]

Biker…they won their first game of the post season. i hate the use that word “game” because it was a slaughter. The team they played has allot of academic issue and had only 17 kids dressed to play. By half time it was 40 to 0 the coach pulled all the the first team off and put in the JV and Freshman. Give the coach credit for not running up the score.The oldest boy only played into the 2nd quarter when he had a helmet to helmet hit with the other teams running back during a tackle. He had a slight stinger the coach decided to sit him since the game was well in hand and save him for next week. Good note his little brother got himself a sack.

Thank GOd almost out of the woods… time to back on track and hit the conditioning phase for a little bit longer. Another 20 lbs of loss I should be in what I would considered being hard (NOT LIKE THAT U PERVERTS) but not ripped (dont care). At least I will be lean enough where I can focus on hypertrophy work and bring up some weak areas. Then switch back too more of a strength focused approach.

Do you plan on competing again after the weight loss?

Weight loss? Hard? Hypertrophy? Scary words, right there…

Sounds like your son’s coach is smart. Possible head injury is no joke. Keep on with the getting fit, the strength will come back in heaps should you start training that way again.

[quote]DBasler wrote:
Do you plan on competing again after the weight loss? [/quote]
At some type and at some time most differently…its in my nature.

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:
Weight loss? Hard? Hypertrophy? Scary words, right there…[/quote]
yeah…I can feel something coming out of the closet again.

Keep on with the getting fit, the strength will come back in heaps should you start training that way again.[/quote]
Thats the plan my friend

Monday: Kettle bell swings 200 reps total

Today:
Squat Did my normal over warm up on my first working set lost my fucking mind and cranked out 295 x 20. Skipped the second set
stiff leg deads
lunges
hip abductions with bands

Considering the way things have been im happy with 295 x 20 on a whim.Probably could have gotten a few more if I dug deeper.

Great work hitting that 295 for 20 and the rest of the program looks good too.

Great work hitting that 295 for 20 and the rest of the program looks good too.[/quote]
Thanks…well I know one thing the conditioning is paying off because the 20 reps didnt wind me as much as it would have in the past. Im really itching to change focus soon.

Did something weird today… Went and worked arms on the whim . Did two curl variations and two tricep exercises for high volume. Oh God the old Bodybuilding is coming out of the closet, to the point I even measured my arms after words.

Measuring your arms, that universal primal urge.

[quote]biker wrote:
Measuring your arms, that universal primal urge.

[/quote]
I guess… God next I will be dieting down more get abs and a tan. At least im not at the point that I will start shaving off body hair.