UnKillable Kleinhound 2: This time he's more unkillable-er

Training

1. Hang power snatch 3*3 135lb
  2. Snatch pull 3*3 155lb
  3. OH squat 3*3 155lb
    First two felt quick as a whip, OH squat weight was way easy but I wasn’t as stable as I wanted to be so kept it light. Plenty of time to build it up. I want a 225lb OH squat at least.
  4. Conditioning 21-15-9
    Sumo deadlift high pulls 95lb
    Push press 95lb
    Lateral burpees over bar

This was a kick ass little burner and I got a sweet upper body pump.
Banged arms and shoulders not stop with light weight for 10 mins after.
I’m going to find some time to sneak deadlifts and CGBP into my weeks of training, probably utilising 531 training maximally approach to keep my teeth sharp on those lifts. Hit the TM and then some sets of 3s just so I don’t lose the groove while I push everything else.

Food today is just what’s leftover
Think there’s some curry and burrito mix left. Good times.

I’m trying to take multiple photos a week, but I definitely feel a bit thicker, but leaner.
A year ago if you told me I’d be a vegetarian who does a lot of crossfit I’d have slapped you. But here we are.

3 Likes

Holy fuck your traps are growing…

2 Likes

Thanks man!
I swear it’s all the snatching and cleans!
Often I’ll finish a conditioning workout and think fuck that was a load of volume

1 Like

No yoga today because I slept in… Because I stayed up late playing Nioh in unrelenting fits of rage and triumph.
Training

1. Barbell conditioning Emom*8
    3 power clean + 3 front squat + 3 power jerk @ 155
  2. More conditioning (yay fuck my life)

4 minute amrap
15-12-9 wall balls + chest to bar chins
Max calorie assault bike in time remaining
4 minute rest

4 minute amrap
15-12-9 wall balls + toe to bar
4 minute rest

4 minute amrap
15-12-9 wall balls + chin ups

This took my fucking soul haha.
Made the mistake of blasting out the wall balls and toe to bar and found myself facing 1:40 of Max effort calories…fuck that.

Except really I love it. I love to push myself and see what I can work through. No matter what the iron wins in the end, but hell I give it a red hot go

1 Like

Haha!

Your workouts look fun man, are you following a planned workout or are they written on the board at the gym or something?

2 Likes

Right now I’m follow Built by Bergeron comptrain. He’s the head coach of crossfit new England and trains Matt Fraser and katrinsdottir. But the programming is free on their website. It’s not scaled for beginners either so it’s forcing me to really get after it, but I also scale it where needed.

1 Like

Yoga this morning

Training

1. Hang power clean
    70%33

2. Clean pull
    80%33

3. Ssb
    75%53

4. Conditoning
    4* 20 sec on, 10 sec off of each of
    Sit ups
    Deadlifts 155lb
    Sit ups
    Deadlifts 155lb
    So 16 rounds of work in a row. Looked easy on paper but I made sure I was going as hard as possible on the work sets and it smoked me

2 Likes

I keep forgetting to log food.
I’ve pretty much dropped all supplements ie protein in favour of slightly larger servings
I work well when I eat lots of whole filling food. I think really we all do. I’m up to about a tad over a cup and a half of raw oats with the same quantity of oat milk, so that’s like 30ish grams of protein anyway, then a whole banana, strawberries, blueberries and honey. Best pre workout I’ve ever eat tbh. Fructose for liver glycogen and I’m off the the races.
Made some bad ass meals this week.
Green lentil Sheppards pie - amazing
Thai coconut stir fry veggies on rice noodles
Bazil and avocado pesto pasta w broccolini
Chickpea and Kale burgers w spicy hummus
Mexican bean salsa bowls w soft tacos

The Shepards pie is the stand out but everything is amazing

4 Likes

I have vmo DOMs from the deadlift intervals today…what the feck

Leg drive?

1 Like

I’m a 4 day a week vegetarian. I only eat meat the days I am going to do a physical activity (minus eggs I eat daily).

Do you worry about carbs, fats, or protein? Or do you just eat until you are full? I always felt like with all the beans/lentils that it would be too easy to eat an abnormal amount of carbs.

I’ve always wondered how pure vegetarians (even vegans) get really strong. I always thought you needed meat.

I started the multiple days of vegetarian about 8 months ago when I decided I wanted to get better food in me overall. I don’t think I could go 100%, but I’ll continue to only eat meat on training days. (only 4.5lbs a week!)

But awesome log man, I’ll be following along!

2 Likes

Haha same way everyone else gets strong man, lift progressively heavier weights

I detailed my macros above but basically was shooting for 100-120g protein, roughly 300 carb and whatever fats. But I don’t really count macros or anything. I’m lean, so I can handle lots of carbs, but I also eat really well. I haven’t had a ‘cheat’ meal in over 4 weeks, I avoid a lot of processed sugars and things and I cook almost everything from scratch.

I have only been a vegetarian for a few months now, but I’m leaner and stronger now. But that’s just due to constant work. I think as long as you eat enough calories and train hard, the type of diet is kind of irrelevant. But then again that’s just my opinion.
Hope that answered everything? Thanks for swinging by

3 Likes

I think that’s what I needed to hear man. I appreciate the advice! I’m definitely not as lean or as cut as you so I think I’ll definitely have to watch my carbs a bit more, but I’ll keep training hard! Thanks!

1 Like

That’s it man, it takes a bit of thinking to get your macros being vegetarian, but try to time your carbs around exercising to use them most effectively

1 Like

Training today

1. Deadlifts
    Singles and Triples.
    Top set of 407lb for a triple
    Then 3*3 at 308lb
    All smooth and easy
  2. Close grip bench
    Triples and a top set of five with 198lb
    5*5 with 155lb
  3. Bro wod. 3 rounds for Max pump
    Incline bench, rear delt fly, db hammer curls
    Good times
2 Likes

Very much a ‘lift light, lift right’ session. First time doing conventional deads with any sort of weight in a while. Double over handed everything except the 407

1 Like

Super hungry so eating a double lunch.
Coconut Thai satay veg on rice noodles thing and Mexican bean salad salsa bowl thing. At this point I’m eating for performance because I feel I’m about as lean as I’ll get without having to really diet hard

2 Likes

Some 4 week comparisons. Not the same room but I had natural light from the front and all the lights on

3 Likes

Jeebus…

2 Likes

Training today

1. Snatch
    60,65,70%*2
    75%15
  2. Clean and jerk
    60,65,70%*2
    75%15
  3. Front squats
    70%53
  4. Conditioning 3RFT
    10 chest to bar chins
    10 front squat 135lb
    10 burpee.

Oats with fruit and honey
Fruit snack
Broccolini pasta w homemeade pesto and some coconut curry because I was hungry as fuck
Shepherd pie for dinner

2 Likes