UnKillable Kleinhound 2: This time he's more unkillable-er

Someone told me at work last night that eating as much fruit and vegetables as I too was too much and couldn’t be good for my bod.
I can’t wait to die young and shredded

2 Likes

Forgot yoga… Woke up and just started driving to the gym hahaha. Fuck.
Took some time to warm up due to that and it being cold as fuck

1. Max unbroken ring muscle ups… I only got 9 but im way out of practice. Learning curve.
  2. Snatch. 70/75/80/85% for doubles. 90% for 3 singles (72.5kg)
  3. Snatch pulls 107% for 4 sets of 3
  4. Ssb squat 83% for 5*5 (120kg)
  5. Conditioning 3RFT
    50 air squats
    7 ring muscle ups
    10 hang power clean with 62.5kg
    I loved this workout but it kicked my ass. The bodyweight squats got tough fast, the muscles ups were slow and therefore I had to blast out the power cleans so I was breathing out of my asshole. Love it.
    Today’s food won’t get logged as I’m just finishing off all the left overs, new menu for next week being written and looks pretty cool. More veg curries, some pasta, burgers and chilli. Oh baby.
2 Likes

Update. My traps have DOMs like a motherfucker. Can’t wait for more power cleans tomorrow :skull: :gun:
Nah for real I love this.
Feel like I’m seeing dome results already. Might update

1 Like

Post yoga, feeling much tighter around my mid section

4 Likes

Looking a bunch tighter too. Jeez!

1 Like

Thanks my friend, I rally appreciate that!

1 Like

Morning yoga was great again, it’s definitely helping me just get up whilst it’s also great for my muscles, nervous system, proprioception and also joint health. I’ll try to continue this forever.

Training was tough yet awesome. Brutally simple today.

1. Clean and jerk 85kg for 30 reps. I did it in 15.16 basically just doing doubles and resting 30-40 seconds. Definitely one I can power through once I get stronger.
  2. Conditioning was simple and brutal. 500m row (substituted for 50 sumo deadlift high pulls which sucked) and a 400m run. Rest 3 minutes and repeat twice. Consistent with that, did each round in under 3 minutes and not top much disparity between rounds. Still slow though.

Food today is awesome

1. Choc banana overnight oats. I love these and will probably eat these most of the time for breakfast. It’s 1.5cups oat milk. 1 cup whole oats. 1 scoop chocolate protein powder. 1 tablespoon Chia seeds. 1 banana chopped on top… So good.

2. Banana, some strawberries and a protein shake

3. Creamy hummus linguine with sundried tomatoes and spinach. Unreal. Just unreal.

4. Wholemeal PB sandwich and nuts

5. Veg pad Thai. Haven’t eaten this before but it smells deluxe

4 Likes

Amazing progress dude! Wow. Also super curious how you’re finding things as a gasp vegetarian now? I’ve considered making the switch for so long, but I always talk myself out of it because of the work involved etc. Is it really that tough? Recipes easy enough to come by?

Anyways, keep up the great work! Inspiring stuff.

Hey buddy cheers for the compliments!
Honestly it’s really easy. Like ridiculously easy. Vegan is a lot trickier but just cutting out meat and replacing it with beans, legumes, tempeh is pretty easy imo. Recipes are super easy to find, just google search is what I do, but usually I’ll look up a vegan recipe that I can add ‘normal’ things to if I want. A lot of vegan recipes will make everything from scratch too which I like, then you learn how to make sauces and spice mixes etc and it’s even less processed. I like to know what I’m putting in my body you know?
It’s really not much work…like at all. I snack of fruit and nuts and natural PB sandwiches. I enjoy pizza, pasta, curry, Mexican, burgers and hot dots just like normal. Just try doing one day a week for a start maybe? Or even cook one meal a week to see if you actually like it and could sustain it :relaxed:.
Either way, whether you make the switch or not, eating more veg is never a bad thing

Some meal prep

5 Likes

No yoga this week due to work so training early
Training

1. Power cleans 80%45
  2. Power jerk 80%35
  3. Push press 80%45
  4. Conditioning amrap*7
    Power snatch 52.5kg
    But Emom wall bulls (subbed to db thrusters) *7
    Starting from 0:00
    Hell of a workout. Lots of explosive heavy volume
    My snatches were so explosive after the cleans and jerks. Will have to watch the video to see how many snatches I got. I think it was +22 but I don’t know.

Food

1. Banana, choc, spinach and oat shake
  2. Banana, strawberry and protein shake
  3. Veggie coconut curry with quinoa
  4. PB sandwich
  5. Mexican chili sin carne bowl with mixed wild rice
2 Likes

Also performance update. I believe I am getting stronger, though there has been no Max testing things are moving well, and speed is improving as is body composition and conditioning. I doubt I will get much leaner as I’m just as focussed on performance but if it happens it happens.
Eat good food, train hard. Simple recipe for happiness

3 Likes

That should have read my body and recovery also feel better and I put that down to far less processed foods in my diet probably having less inflammatory markers, but I’m just speculating there

1 Like

Spot of morning yoga before the gym
Spent a big of time doing some shoulder relief work ala Kelly starett before moving on to conditioning
30min amrap
400m run w 10kg weight vest
20 ghd sit ups (bodyweight only)
I got through nine rounds which equates to 3.6km and 180 sit ups. I was very happy with that buy I’d like to get through 10+ rounds. Surprisingly it was the sit ups which slowed me down, my fastest run was 1.32 and I honestly didn’t feel as though I was going flat out

Food

1. Overnight oats w Chia, choc protein and Peanut butter and almond milk
  2. Strawberry, blueberry and a protein shake
  3. Double veg burger with kimchi, spicy hummus and coconut cheese (sounds weird, totally delicious)
  4. PB sandwich and more berries and a shake
  5. Pad Thai with fresh chilli, bean sprouts and spring onion
1 Like

i coouldnt agree more with the entire paragraph.

total calories are more important that macros / train hard, eat whole foods %90 of the time and stay in shape all year long / its easier to stay lean than to get lean

the only difference is i was a fat fuck until age 32 ( +100 kg )

1 Like

Felt good after the workout today and took a shameless selfie.

Definitely tightening up around the mid section…need some calf implants though

2 Likes

You’re killing it man!

1 Like

Forgot to log earlier but did yoga
Then training was

1. Clean and jerk
    70%*2
    75%*2
    80%*2
    85%*1
    90%*1
  2. Clean pulls
    107%34
  3. Front squats
    83%55
  4. Conditioning 3RFT
    10 front squats 60kg
    20 chest to bar chins
    50 double unders
    Man that smoked me, but I fucking love it haha

Food

1. Big bowl of greens, chilli, girls and some poached eggs
  2. Fruit and a protein shake, berries and strawberries to be exact
  3. Hummus pasta w sun-dried tomatoes and spinach
  4. Banana, strawberry, blueberries, a protein shake and also some left over kimchi
  5. Coconut curry

I don’t know about that big fella but I’m giving it my best shot haha

1 Like

Well, you’ve got an audience! I’m really intrigued with the vegetarian athlete idea, I’ve just never had the balls to pull the trigger yet to give myself a trial run.

I wasn’t able to find many samples of goal physiques or athletes online that were vegetarian to convince me it could be possible. Usually the highlight reel of vegetarian athletes are ultra-marathon runners and the like, which does not appeal to me in the slightest (nothing against them of course, just contradictory to my current goals).There is one or two outliers like Patrik Baboumian, that keeps the idea in my head, but it’s just a matter of making the plunge and giving it a try.

I’m most interested in reading about your daily diet as well as how your mood/energy along with strength and physique change/improve over time. So keep logging!

2 Likes