2. Lat pull downs 4x12 W stretch partials

3. High angle face pull 4x12 W pauses

4. Dead stop lateral raises 4x8 W front raises to fail

5. Cable pushdown 3x12 + bfr set

6. Cable curl 3x12 + bfr set

7. Calves

8. Conditioning, kb complex

1 Like

I definitely enjoy a mixture of heavy, explosive and hypertrophy training, which fits well with ws4sb, but I don’t like only squatting or Deadlifting once a week. I like freedom to change my workouts but I like structure in my main lifts. So with that being said I’m going to capitalise on the progress I’ve made in hypertrophy/conditioning over the last few months and move my main work to the Cube Kingpin layout, where I’ll squat, bench and deadlift (also a press day) and one per week is heavy, for reps or explosive. There are three variations of each lift, all aimed at driving up strength. I’ll superset the main pushing days with a pull for balance, and then leave the assistance/conditioning open to whatever I feel like. And then on the days I don’t know what to do I can always get the main work in, hit a quick run or some curls/calves and call it a day.
My aim will be to go through the main lifts as efficiently as possible
My lifts and variations will be
Bench > cg bench > foam press
Squat > front squat > pause high bar
Deadlift > rack pull > deficit pull
Press > push press > btn push press

3 Likes

Also going to ‘tighten’ up my diet a little more
Will keep the 'high’protein though.
Unlimited veggies and fruit (yay)
Will be switching my protein from pasta to protein from quinoa
Will keep eggs for breakfast but sub out the bread for more veg
Dinners will vary but mostly just more veg again while still maintaining some protein (ie stuffed capsicum with lentils, goats cheese and mushrooms)
I’m also going to keep the cottage cheese and berries going, 1 because I like it, and 2 because it makes my tummy feel awesome.
So basically 90g protein from shakes, 60-80g from whole foods depending on dinner (20 breakfast, 20 lunch, x dinner, 15 dessert)
Pretty close to 1g per lb of lean bw. Which is super high for me.
I usually respond really well to gluten free carb sources so we’ll see.
Hopefully tighten this old rig up in the last few weeks of the challenge. Feel like I’ve built some decent muscle on my shoulders and calves so hopefully reveal some of that

3 Likes

Fuck me. Just discovered pulse pasta. Pasta made from beans… More protein than regular wheat pasta but gluten free… Dear lord my life is complete

5 Likes

My cow is being processed and I’ll soon have 1/3 of the beast in my freezer :blush:

PROTEIN!

I’m glad to see I’m not missing something in regards to protein consumption by vegans/vegetarians. I’ve been out of meat for awhile and tried eating like my vegan wife and I’ve had to drink over half my protein in shakes. My wife swears I can get plenty of protein through food. I respond with, “How can I get 200g of protein like this?”

Apparently the answer is protein powder.

4 Likes

Do you ever eat tofu/seitan/tempeh? Or do you not like the texture or taste?

I eat that tofu and tempeh but everything I’ve seen about soy protein seems to be bad so I limit it. Maybe @kleinhound can straighten me out of I’m misinformed.

1 Like

Ok. I eat a decent bit of tofu, but most of my protein comes from protein shakes

I eat tofu here and there, if I go out to eat or whatever but it doesn’t really taste like anything to me haha.

I had used tempeh to make mince type stuff, I’ve never noticed any adverse effects from soy apart from maybe an upset stomach if I have LOTS.

I’m trying to figure out how to make tofu such that it doesn’t taste so bland. Tofu chili is about the only tofu dish I’ve ever made that I could call good

@Frank_C yeah I’ve read all of those things about soy, I’m not disagreeing with the science behind it but it seems like one of those things where there is evidence on both sides and I’m sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Much like protein consumptions, caffeine and pretty much everything else haha. So I don’t worry too much about it. But certainly getting 200g of protein from whole foods would have you eating shitloads of foods and probably 600g of carbs along the way

2 Likes

Real food proteins are filled with fats. Unless you eat shrimp or chicken breast. Shakes fill the protein needs better than I can with limiting other macros…

Haha talking veggies my man

I’ll just take my dousche bag self back to my corner …:joy:

2 Likes

Haha :joy: not to worry my man, I see how it could have seemed like I was a an idiot

Deadlifts: heavy
5x2 conventional 145kg
2x3 rack pulls 160kg
2x6 deficit pull 135kg
Chins in between sets

Accessory
KB complex pyramid
Row>snatch>front squat>push press
1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1
24kg pushed my gas tank pretty hard
Good overall pump too

2 Likes

Bench: reps
3x10 bench 77.5kg
2x8 cg bench 85kg
2x10 foam press 65kg
12-15 db rows between each set

Assistance
5 rounds
5 muscle snatch 40kg
10 chins
12 KB swing 32kg

Calf raises.

3 Likes

Today’s eating (in order)
4 free range eggs scrambled with spinach and kale in butter

Protein shake and apple

Pulse pasta with zucchini bolognaise

Protein shake

Roast capsicum stuffed with lentil, mushrooms and spinach W side of spicy wombok kimchi (spicy as fuuuuuuk)

Cottage cheese and berries (haven’t eaten yet haha)

Feel good, feel energized, I don’t feel ‘heavy’ but I also don’t feel ‘flat’ from no carbs

This pulse pasta will be a game changed for me I think

1 Like