5x 135
    20x 80

2. Press
    10x 37.5
    Super set with 100 shrugs

3. Weighted chins
    5x5 32.5

Facepulls done at home.
End of second week of monolith and first week moved into my new house with partner. Marked improvement in diet as we both eat well and there is rarely any shitty food in the house.
Feeling good, not yet a large sculpture of stone but hopefully on the way to monolithic proportions
DSC_0008

3 Likes

Looking good man!

1 Like

What’s the secret to great legs? Lentils.

2 Likes

I am veggie by mind and often eat meat and eggs by force.
I too eat lots of legumes and nuts. I think I too get my proteins from same foods like you…

1 Like

I eat meat but there never seems to be enough around so I’ve been drinking a lot of my protein lately.

40mins of yoga today
Okay I am way out of practice/stiff/off balance.
I was definitely more ‘graceful’ when I was doing yoga more regularly
But my back feels AMAZING now

While so far it’s been fun, I actually find monolith kind of easy? Easy is the wrong word I think. Straight forward is better. It is easily doable with the right mindset. My recovery and eating have never been a problem. I think in the past I saw it as some magick program, the Dips for 200 are hard but otherwise it’s fine.
It’s been a good learning curve to do, and I’ll certainly finish it. But I hope anyone who reads this and has seen monolith as daunting will read this and just do it. It’s a very sound program, but one you can do if you know how to push. The voice in your head is bullshit

5 Likes

I’m also drunk

5 Likes

Challenge setback #1

1 Like

Those damn vegans can’t hold their booze! :laughing:

Toughest day so far

1. Squats
    5x 120
    5x 135
    5x5 152.5

2. Press
    5x 42.5
    5x 50
    5x 52.5
    Amrap x 42.5

3. Chins
    100 total

4. Assistance
    100 dips
    100 face pulls

2 Likes

More monolithic than before. Good.

5 Likes

Wednesday

1. Deadlifts
    5x 125
    5x 145
    3x5 162.5

2. Bench
    5x 75
    5x 85
    5x5 95
    Ss with

3. Db rows
    5x15-20 with 27.5kg

4. Curls 100 total

Not bad
Considering this is a ‘bulking’ type program and I’ve been eating a lot to match it.
Haven’t been doing to whole
2 pounds of beef and a dozen eggs routine, but I have been eating a lot

4 Likes

Friday

1. Squats
    5x 125
    5x 130
    5x 152.5
    20x 100

2. Press
    10x5 42.5
    Ss
    100 band pulls

3. Weighted chins
    Ss
    100 shrugs

1 Like

Fear not, I am alive. Training has been going really well, almost on to last week of monolith.
Just haven’t been logging because home life has been very busy, however my nutrition has been improving as I move towards the final week, it’ll be like a mid challenge reveal haha, birthday is only a few weeks away so I’d like to welcome my 30s looking like an extra from 300
Plants have feelings too

3 Likes

Last week of monolith
Diet has been better again this week. Lots more raw vegetables
Not a single gram of beef consumed so I’ve committed sacrelidge against monolith, 531 and Jim wendler himself. No gains will be made

3 Likes

Woke at 80kg empty, this is a good sign

Did the last day of monolith today because I felt good.
I don’t think my 1RM strength has really gone up, but I do feel stronger over reps and more solid I think.
Next week starts a new block, my friend started Joe D ‘built like a badass’ this week and I’ve had good aesthetic results from that in the past, so I’m going to jump in to week two with him next week and smash that for the next eleven weeks.
Nice to have finished a program without hopping (you’d be proud @Frank_C)
BLABA is only three days but not a tonne of lower body volume so depending on how I’m feeling I might add extra work. My new job is no longer nights which gives me better training and life balance seeing as I get to actually spend time with my partner

6 Likes

Congratulations! I’m about to finish one full three week cycle of my weird version of 5/3/1. I think I’m 6 weeks into The Best Damn Program For Naturals. Yeah, I’ve merged two programs into one. I’m so bad about program hopping that I can’t even pick one!

Can’t program hop if you do em all at once :wink:

1 Like