30 sec single arm clean and jerk
1 min skipping
30 sec kneeling cross body snatch
30 sec kneeling wood chop
30 sec kb pushups
30 sec russian twist
1 min skipping

15 minutes straight had me all pumped and puffing

10 minutes on Jacobs ladder. Holy shit that way much harder than i thought it would be

4 Likes

Thursday

1. Db floor press 3x max reps with 22.5kg
    2a. Lat pullover machine 4x12 w 60kg
    2b. Cable facepulls high angle 4x10 w 30kg
  2. 3 way shoulder shocker 4x7/7/7 (biggest delt pump with light weight. Youtube defrance shoulder shocker 2.0 for dis bad boi)
    4a. Iso db shrug holds 4x30 sec w 35kg
    4b. Lying floor dead stop db tricep extensions 4x20 w 12.5kg
  3. Conditioning 3 rounds of 10 w a 12.5kg db
    Goblet squats, swings, unilateral curl and press, squat jumps
  4. Standing calf raise, 4x10, 2x20+10 partials and 2x30 stretch holds.
    I swear all the calf work is slowly making them grow, definitely more pronounced with a pump in them and starting to get some calf veins
1 Like

Feeling less like a ferrari and more like a dodge charger haha

4 Likes

I’m going to have to check that out…

1 Like

Friday

1. 3rm squat raw raw raw raw raw
    170 kg. Heavy but comfortable. Probably rpe 8 or 9. That’s how I’m gauging my ‘max’ lifts at the moment. Repeatable and easier to recover from
  2. Single leg press 3x12 with 90kg
  3. Barbell RDLs 3x12 with 100kg. Will switch back to KBs i think, didn’t get as much glute and ham stretch as i wanted
  4. Ab circuit 2x10 of spread eagle sit up, russian twist, side plank hip dips, dish rocks
    Pretty challenging and got the 360 activation of my core
  5. Low impact conditioning 10 min stair master max speed. Hr was 175 average for duration and burned like 150 cals. Also good calf and quad pump haha
  6. Extra calves
    Good.
3 Likes

Training - Monday

1. Work to 5RM decline bench press
    105kg comfortable, paused reps…actually really felt my chest AND triceps working equally here so that was nice.
  2. slight decline DB bench 2x max reps w 25kg (22/18 reps)
    3a. Barbell Rows 4x12 w 85kg
    3b. Seated DB ‘cleans’ 4x12 w 6kg
  3. BB shrugs 3 sec hold 4x12 w 110kg
  4. EZ bar curls 4x12 w 30kg
  5. Conditioning: Barbell complex 2x10 RDL, row, hang clean, push press, squat w 40kg
  6. calves 4x10 heavy, 2x20 light plus stretching and tib raises
5 Likes

That near-daily conditioning is paying-off… looking lean and strong!

2 Likes

You’re doing the T-ransformation challenge, right? What the hell is there to fix!?!?!

3 Likes

I really appreciate that mate, but there’s something about “the relentless pursuit of muscle” that resonates with me haha.
I’m also going through the recruitment process for the police, so i consider it my job to be in condition to handle any situation, with the ultimate goal of getting into special tactics

3 Likes

I respect that alot man. Imo i believe that officers should be fit and capable for anything, like even chasing someone down. Majority of the cops i see are couch potatoes . I reckon it should be a standard requirement at least.

1 Like

Badass.

I agree, physical is only part or the requirement, but it’s a pretty important requirement, especially in the beginning as just a cadet/officer.
I have certain standards like 1 mile run and how much I can farmers walk each hand etc. So I know i can chase down 90% of the population or drag partners out of danger etc. Worst case scenario stuff.

2 Likes

Got to actually get in first haha, I’ve set myself a five year goal though. I believe I have what it takes physically and mentally, so it will be about learning and displaying all the skills required to operate at the highest level.

2 Likes

Training - Tuesday

1. Standing box jumps 8x3 w 2kg DBs
  2. KB OH reverse Lunge 3x12 w 12kg
  3. 45* hypers 3x15 w 10kg KBs
  4. Leg raises (elbows supported) 4x10
  5. 1 mile run (5:58)
  6. seated calves 5x20 w tib raises to fail

FINALLY BROKE 6 MINUTE MILE! I had to empty my tank but I got it done. I’ll never run a sub 5 mile and that’s okay but man it felt good to sneak in under 6. Voice in my head took a back seat today, actually everything felt really good today. The 45* hypers with KBs felt great and really hit my hamstrings and glutes at the tie-in, so I’ll probably keep those and just alternate KB/BB/DB every three to four weeks
Nice to see the conditioning is paying off and improving my running, without actually having to do much running. (the art of fighting without fighting - bruce lee :wink: )

5 Likes

That’s fucking awesome. Great work.

1 Like

Thanks mate i really appreciate the support

1 Like

December is going to be a lead in month diet wise to the challenge. I’ve got plenty of social things on this month but food wise theres no reason not to get a head start.

Reduce grains and processed foods including tofu.

Unlimited veg, lentils, beans, water and fruit
Plenty of good fats

Reasonable portions of rice and starchy veg

Avoid junk and soft drinks, even when hungover.
Above all NO FUCKING PACKETS OF CHIPS AT WORK

I so must have missed that if you have mentioned it the log. I have had my disagreements with certain officers, but I do respect the work that the force put in. Special tactics is a class above and a worthy goal for you. Tactical Athletes for the win!

Shit yeah it’s a different kind of grinding when it comes to running vs lifting PRs. Strong legs really do help and you have no shortage of strength. Keep at it mate and I’m sure you will be breaking 5minutes before long.

I only time my 2.4km (1.5mile) run and my best so far is around 10:20. Should do just the mile and see how I’m going. Keep up the work and enjoy those Xmas veges!

3 Likes

Well done!