UnKillable Kleinhound 2: This time he's more unkillable-er

Cauliflower rice is wild. I can’t remember why I stopped making it probably cos it’s a little fiddly I guess but soaks up curry sauce like crazy. Not to mention it’s extra veg so always a bonus

3 Likes

I think that cauli rice was what allowed me to go low-carb! I’d make it for myself, and a bowl of rice for the family, and never really missed the rice. For me it was totally a mental thing, but I needed a “starch” to go with my veggies and protein. Loved it with beef tips in a red wine sauce. Looking strong as F, by the way. Keep fighting the good-fight!

4 Likes

ME lower. Giant set fashion like Alpha lays out. I actually loved it this way and got a bunch of work in, pretty much in exactly an hour.

1a. Kb swings
1b. Conventional deadlift from 2in blocks
1c. Hang leg raises
*top set of 200kg. Hand tore on 210 attempt and I failed it. Annoying

2a. Kb swings again
2b. Deads again
2c. Sit ups so I didn’t keep tearing my hand

• three rounds, Max reps on deads at 80% first, then two sets of 5, all with 160kg

3a. Ghr
3b. Seated row
3c. Back extension

• three rounds for reps, 12ish I think

Conditioning
10min 40/20 medium and fast on airdyne. Hell of a workout and overall happy.
The 2in block pulls were bastards because it seems to take away just enough of my leg drive to make it all hamstring which is a weak point. This and stiff leg deadlifts will be cycled in regularly methinks

2 Likes

Me upper
1a. Barbell row
1b. 2board press
1c. Band wood chop
*top single of 125, jumped to 132.5 and only just failed it which sucked because 130 would have been there.

2a. DB row
2b. 2 board press 3x5
2c. Side to side leg raises

3a. DB Incline press
3b. DB lateral raise
3c. JM press

Conditioning
10 min amrap
5 chin, 10 pushups, 15 squats

2 Likes

Back is feeling bigger, think it’s mostly just a good angle. Also a painful reminder that I have no idea how to pose. Which is weird considering the amount of time I spend doing it in the bathroom mirror when I’m pumped up

1 Like

I fucking love my gym. It’s small, it’s hot, it stinks like chalk, it gets cramped and there aren’t many machines. What it does have is personality and character. I went to a buddies commercial gym the other day, and while it was pretty cool to have access to heaps of machines, it’s really just a bunch of individuals spinning the wheels.
I couldn’t go back to it unless forced.
I love that there are no signs on our gym door. It’s a roller door and a metal entrance door. People don’t usually stick their heads in.
Chalk flies, PRs go up, we succeed and fail together. It’s really the team atmosphere I love. We all try to kick each other’s asses, but only because we make each other better. We trust each other’s calls and judgements when it comes to form and weight jumps too. No one disregards anyone else just because they might be stronger. It is a beautiful thing and I feel like it’s what people are talking about when they say they miss ‘the old days of lifting’
Bit of a weird thing to log, I guess if anyone reads this that is maybe young and not really sure of things or maybe needs a push or feels isolated in a big commercial gym, I really suggest looking around for little hole in the wall type gyms or barbell clubs etc. The wealth of knowledge and the community inside these little havens is unreal.

6 Likes

Looking real solid there mate. You sure you arnt sneaking Steak in at midnight?

2 Likes

You’re looking a lot fuller. Bigger overall too.

2 Likes

Haha my one secret is revealed

3 Likes

Speed day

1. SSB squats w bands 125kg 10x2
  2. Sumo deads w bands 140kg 10x2
  3. Giant set
    Ghr
    Lat pull over
    Back extension
    4 rounds of 8-12
    My fucking hand tore again :joy: fml
2 Likes
  1. Speed bench
    9x3 with 60+chains
  2. Giant set x5
    Spoto press
    1arm cable row
    DB lateral raises
  3. Conditioning 10 min amrap on assault bike
    40/20 splits.
    Good times because my hands didn’t teat today :joy:
3 Likes

Anecdote from my early kettlebell sport days: I’d train with nail scissors to hand so whenever I tore a callous or blister I could quickly cut the flap off and keep going. I was a fuckwit.

2 Likes

Haha awesome! When I competed in gymnastics our coach would just stick some chalk in our tears and then slap them to make them numb. Then it was back up on the rings or high bar and business as usual

1 Like

I never get bad callouses or have had my hand rip. Must be lucky

Give it time

3 Likes

@kleinhound - Where’s my favourite vegan-crossfitter gone?

4 Likes

Died from a lack of meat haha :joy:
Nah just a low key week, work has been really busy, so has life in general so I’ve just taken a week off lifting

5 Likes

This so much. Commercial gyms are often an awful experience, and have really distracting, shitty atmospheres.

I miss my old barbell club back in south eastern delmarva. The coaching was meh, but the atmosphere was amazing. Lots of strong people, really angry rap music at all times and essentially every attempt you try someone was screaming encouragement or cues at you.

2 Likes

Did some yoga on Saturday, kettle bell flow on Sunday felt awesome just to move the body. Nothing heavy at all just lots of moving
Today’s training
Squats
5x77.5
5x95
5x115
5x135
5x152.5

Bench
5x50
5x60
5x70
5x80
5x92.5

Barbell row
5x60
5x80
5x95
5x115
5x130

All belt less accept for top sets
3x10 ghr
3x10 db lat raise
3x10 neck flexion

4 Likes

Still eating heaps of curries, really don’t eat much tofu, but I eat a shit load of lentils and beans

1 Like