Life After Death

[quote]AttackOfTheChris wrote:
DF85 wrote:
I didn’t like getting poked in the head so much either…whatever that was.

[/quote]

This made me LOL

I don’t get what you are trying to say, I believe when you die, you cease to exist, and that’s it. What you are saying sounds like almost the same thing. You continue to live yet you are a completely different conciousness, with no past lives? Then how is that actually you and what is the point? When we die how does cognition continue to be cognition? Everything shuts down. How are we in any way contributing to a new beings cognition besides possibly becoming nutrients in the soil? [/quote]

because you arent cognitive YOURSELF. youre cognitive through the fact that a working brain = cognition. i’ve said this like 5x already, you dont reincarnate, that wouldnt be possible because theres only so many people born and only so many people dying, the numbers wouldnt add up. with every new life is a new cognition, someone will always have to be in the ‘drivers seat’ of this cognition so to speak. but the cognition creates the awareness.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
ahu2468 wrote:

Mind explodes

Jokes aside, I believe that something akin to what you have described does exist. By that I mean that the “conscious” and the “body” are tied together while we are living. As to what that tie is, I have no clue. However, once that tie is broken, the body is no longer attached to the “conscious” and we, as beings, are no longer tied to physical limitations (injury, aging, physical barriers like space, 3 dimensional reality, etc.)

In my mind, that energy/force/conscious has to be preserved. Being a Christian myself, I kind of take what you said analogous with having what we call a soul. I’m not trying to bring up any religious argument or whatnot, just a correlation. Where that soul/conscious goes afterwards is up to speculation… or belief as in my case.
OR nomorewar is right. FUCK.

it has nothing to with religion. and what i’m saying is different…

it isnt that your ‘connection’ goes anywhere because that doesnt add up, theres an unknowable amount of life created/lost everyday and not just on this planet.

therefore it isnt that you are transfered, its just that with new life comes new cognition which brings new actualization (“i think therefore i am”) so every life is completely new and thats why i dont believe in karma/becoming different animals/beings. its as simple as every new life is a new life. therefore as long as there is life someone has to ‘live’ as long as someone has to live you are potentially alive. so as i see, hear, touch and think, i will do so again although it will be in a different life which is not in any way directly to the life i have now, it isnt ‘me’ that inherits new life but the new life creates a new ‘me’.

word to your mother. it may be a lot to for some of you to understand as its hard to word this theory but its actually really simple.
[/quote]

By no means am I talking about religion and it’s ideologies. What I am trying to accomplish is an open discussion so that I may grasp what you are saying. In reading this last post, what you are saying is that the consciousness is conserved (like energy; albeit an incalculable amount) and brought to actualization in a new form? And this new form is exactly what it means; new? If that is the case, then what you are saying is conservation and “recycling” of cognition with no history or past and that cognition is simply put into another form of life.

My brain is hurting and I feel like I’m going in circles lol

EDIT: Also in terms of numbers of “consciousness” are you saying there is a finite or infinite amount?

[quote]ahu2468 wrote:

By no means am I talking about religion and it’s ideologies. What I am trying to accomplish is an open discussion so that I may grasp what you are saying. In reading this last post, what you are saying is that the consciousness is conserved (like energy; albeit an incalculable amount) and brought to actualization in a new form? And this new form is exactly what it means; new? If that is the case, then what you are saying is conservation and “recycling” of cognition with no history or past and that cognition is simply put into another form of life.

My brain is hurting and I feel like I’m going in circles lol

EDIT: Also in terms of numbers of “consciousness” are you saying there is a finite or infinite amount?[/quote]

im saying that life is just life, when you die yes you’re dead. and ‘you’ dont really come back to life but as there is always new life it is like someone has to ‘pilot’ it, right? i mean, essentially you’re cognition is the pilot to your body.

so what i think may happen is that when a new comes about the way the brain interacts with neurons creates cognition. im not saying that its like a big line up cognitions on a rack at the purgatory Wal-Mart and you just grab one, im saying that every new life is an independent life, no ties whatsoever to any previous one, ‘you’ don’t exist anymore.

so, just as you are alive now you weren’t before, and you won’t be later. but as i mentioned previously you are ‘piloting’ your body through cognition.

so what i’m proposing is that you simply pilot under a different cognition. you are not the old ‘you’ you are now a new ‘you’. i dont think this is immediate through our measures of time but in the sense that of one lifetime to the next regardless of any time passed it is actually immediate (because Einstein taught us time is relative). i’m kind of hesitant to use the phrase “life time to the next” because i absolutely don’t want people to think i’m suggesting you recycle one life.

If you are lucky enough not to have your blood replaced with formaldehyde or have your corpse cremated, maybe worms or vermin will feast upon your lovely cadaver and in turn you will become those worms or vermin.

Hasn’t anyone watched The Lion King and heard the song sung by Elton John? The circle of life is real.

The best way thing to do, would be to be eaten by an intelligent creature upon death. Through cannibalism, you can take over their body and live a second life through them as a human being. Either that or just become their poop.

This new life shit is too confusing, I think I’d rather come back as a zombie.

This new life shit is too confusing, I think I’d rather come back as a zombie. [/quote]

lol @ that post and your avatar, too.

So, Live, you think after I die I have as good of a chance of being a serial killer or an elementary school teacher? I mean, I just picked two random people (they could be one I suppose). And my best friend could’ve killed my long-lost brother in her past life but has no recollection of it? And that my mother could actually have been an ex-boyfriend of mine in a past life almost totally not connected to this one?

Does this mean I have to be nice to everyone now because they could’ve been my soul mate in the past life??

This new life shit is too confusing, I think I’d rather come back as a zombie. [/quote]

or you can just live forever

ahem, Immortal

So you don’t believe in souls, but you think that as long as there are new beings coming into existance you will be alive? So are you saying that all life is interconnected and the only reason we think we are individuals is because we occupy this vessel of fluids organs ect and that when we die our memories and personality are lost but we may in fact be another being that comes into existance? Sounds a bit like reincarnation except that since we don’t keep any of our properties from this life so it becomes irrelevant that we are alive again inside another being.

in summary: squats and milk

Don’t we just die, be either cremated or decay in the earth, our atoms will probably end up in some other life form at one point.
I’d say death is the end, fullstop.

[quote]LittleAsianDoll wrote:
AttackOfTheChris wrote:

So, Live, you think after I die I have as good of a chance of being a serial killer or an elementary school teacher? I mean, I just picked two random people (they could be one I suppose). And my best friend could’ve killed my long-lost brother in her past life but has no recollection of it? And that my mother could actually have been an ex-boyfriend of mine in a past life almost totally not connected to this one?

Does this mean I have to be nice to everyone now because they could’ve been my soul mate in the past life??[/quote]

no. why do people keep brining up past lives? thats absolutely not what im talking about.

and you might not live as a person at all, or even something from this planet.

“Today a young man realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness, experiencing itself subjectively. There’s no such thing as death - life is only a dream - and we’re the imagination of ourselves.”

-Bill Hicks

[quote]MODOK wrote:
You die. Worms eat you. Birds eat worms. Birds shit you onto car windows. Your ultimate destination is the drain of a car wash.[/quote]

damn, that was deep

Wait until you have an out of body experience, you might think twice about alot of things mentioned here.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Wait until you have an out of body experience, you might think twice about alot of things mentioned here.[/quote]

care to share yours with us?

[quote]zoso764 wrote:
“Today a young man realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness, experiencing itself subjectively. There’s no such thing as death - life is only a dream - and we’re the imagination of ourselves.”

-Bill Hicks[/quote]

Hah. No wonder I tend to think nothing is real. I used to have a deep fascination with solipsism for a few years, still kind of do. This quote is awesome.

[quote]trav123456 wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
Wait until you have an out of body experience, you might think twice about alot of things mentioned here.

care to share yours with us?[/quote]

Yaaaaaaay! Story tiiiiiiiiiime!

[quote]LittleAsianDoll wrote:
AttackOfTheChris wrote:

Does this mean I have to be nice to everyone now because they could’ve been my soul mate in the past life??[/quote]

Yes, you’ve potentially fucked everyones mom, including your own. high five

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
AttackOfTheChris wrote:

or you can just live forever

ahem, Immortal

[/quote]

I guess that would be cool, as long as I could kill myself whenever I got bored. Seems like if I lived forever life would be even more monotonous then it is now, because eventually I would have seen/experienced everything.

I don’t believe in God, an afterlife, reincarnation, ghosts, and any other ‘spiritual’ concepts of which I have not been personally witness (so none of them). I believe I am here because my mom and dad had sex and millions of years of evolution have made it so that the act of sex leads to new life. My purpose here is to procreate and ensure the survival of my genes. When I die I cease to exist in all forms and hopefully I will have fulfilled my purpose.

That being said, I am not claiming that there is no God or afterlife or whatever, just that I don’t believe in it. People claiming with absolute certainty that these things DON’T exist are no different than people claiming with absolute certainty that they DO exist, except they are on different extremes of the same continuum. There is no proof either way.