Life Advice...

hey my T-Nation brothers wassup? i know alot of you been through alot in your lives so i was wondering if you guys had any life advice that you carried on with you and lived by?

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that! I’m always gonna love you, no matter what. No matter what happens. You’re my son, you’re my blood. You’re the best thing in my life. But until you start believing in yourself, you ain’t gonna have a life.” - Rocky Balboa

I don’t know if you consider this advice, exactly, but I do. Keep movin’ forward no matter what life, or anybody in life puts down in front of you.

I learned that Trader Joes is A LOT cheaper than Whole Foods, but if you are buying beef or buffalo, then Whole Foods is the better choice.

Also, watch out because you can get buffalo cheaper than ‘organic beef’ most of the time.

Damn, buffalo meat is such a fine tasty thing.

“Don’t kick into a block, you’ll break your foot.”

My grandfather told me that about soccer when I was 5 or 6 yrs. old.

Don’t eat the yellow snow

Tossing midgets is fun, having sex with one is awkward.

The herpes you get in Vegas does not stay there.

Live by this rule and you’ll always be happy.

No means yes and yes means anal.

[quote]zoso764 wrote:
No means yes and yes means anal.[/quote]

best advice your gonna get

On a more serious note; Here’s a word and way of life my father taught me about. It’s a Finnish term with no literal translation. If you’re Suomi you’ll understand.

Smoke weed, get a new perspective, say fuck it.

[quote]Cockney Blue wrote:
Don’t eat the yellow snow[/quote]

Dreamed I was an eskimo
Frozen wind began to blow
Under my boots and around my toes
The frost that bit the ground below
It was a hundred degrees below zero…

And my mama cried
And my mama cried
Nanook, a-no-no
Nanook, a-no-no
Dont be a naughty eskimo
Save your money, dont go to the show

Well I turned around and I said oh, oh oh
Well I turned around and I said oh, oh oh
Well I turned around and I said ho, ho
And the northern lights commenced to glow
And she said, with a tear in her eye
Watch out where the huskies go, and dont you eat that yellow snow
Watch out where the huskies go, and dont you eat that yellow snow

sorry I had to

Never ever ever touch another man’s dick.
-If you’re straight.

If you’re going through hell, keep going.
-Winston Churchill

Live long and prosper.
-Spock/Vulcan Salute

I backpacked Europe and Africa for 6 months when I was 25 years old. Before that I made sure to drive up and down the east coast of the United States, from the tip of Maine all the way down to Key West. I’ve made the drive to Key West at least a half dozen times.

I tell you this because at this stage in my life…a wife, 3 kids, a mortgage, 2 car payments, etc…I can say to myself in my more stressful moments “at least I got to see the world, see new cultures, and get a shit-ton of ass before I settled down.”

So travel. A lot. Forget about getting a house and a hot car if you can. You’ll be glad you did when you are older.

Serious notes:

I’ve always really like the cliche, “The harder you work, the luckier you get”. I think there’s a lot of truth in that statement.

And when times are tight and things aren’t going as planned, remember there is ALWAYS someone worse off than you. If you have food, a roof, your health, and maybe a friend or two, you really don’t have too much to complain about.

Semi-serious notes:

College is like a 4 year long summer camp with classes in between. Go do a bunch of crazy stuff you can’t do once you “grow up”.

never touch meth under any circumstance

My dad used to say, “Son when you are looking to get married, make sure you find a girl who can cook, clean, do laundry, etc.” I asked why. He said, “They are all the same when horizontal, but not all can make a good linguine like a pro.” It sounds better in Italian though.

There are many shortcuts in life

If something is hard, just give up.