Liddel-Ortiz II Signed

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=2667&zoneid=1

Apparently regardless of the outcome of Shamrock-Ortiz III, we get to see this fight on December 30. As I assumed, Liddel-Silva isn’t going to happen, if ever, for a long, long time.

If I was Liddell I would seriously consider leaving the UFC at this point. Not just from a money standpoint, but it must get kinda boring when no one else in your weight class even presents a challenge to you.

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
If I was Liddell I would seriously consider leaving the UFC at this point. Not just from a money standpoint, but it must get kinda boring when no one else in your weight class even presents a challenge to you.[/quote]

then again, being paid when you’re one of the top stars of the federation for beating the same people isn’t too bad.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=2667&zoneid=1

Apparently regardless of the outcome of Shamrock-Ortiz III, we get to see this fight on December 30. As I assumed, Liddel-Silva isn’t going to happen, if ever, for a long, long time. [/quote]

I hate how they are putting that off.

Liddell is a strong favorite in my opinion, Tito will get hit, and will fall.

Gee…I wondeer if Chuck can beat Tito and the rest of them again? Hmm?

I’m so frustrated that the establishments can’t deliver Wandy and Chuck. Just like 2 Penny and Hughes it would be the fight of the year…for the UFC LH.

Guess I’m just going to have to settle for GSP and Hughes. Gives me something to look forward to.

[quote]Naphta wrote:
cap’nsalty wrote:
If I was Liddell I would seriously consider leaving the UFC at this point. Not just from a money standpoint, but it must get kinda boring when no one else in your weight class even presents a challenge to you.

then again, being paid when you’re one of the top stars of the federation for beating the same people isn’t too bad.[/quote]

Seriously, I think Liddell is pulling around a mil per fight now…that ain’t too bad…Pride doesn’t release their payouts, but its been speculated that they pay between 200-500 thousand per for their tops guys. Chuck could get even bigger pay days if the sport continues to grow. My only gripe with the UFC payscale is that the lower echelon fighters are still around 2-8 thousand per fight when they’re pulling in around 25-30 million per event.

[quote]slimjim wrote:

Seriously, I think Liddell is pulling around a mil per fight now…that ain’t too bad…Pride doesn’t release their payouts, but its been speculated that they pay between 200-500 thousand per for their tops guys.[/quote]

I believe Chuck and Tito each get a base rate of 250,000 (off the top of my head here), but Chuck usually gets a nice chunk of the PPV which they don’t release. So I imagine a million is pretty close. Pride doesn’t release anything, but Fedor told a New York Times reporter when he was doing his seminar in Atlantic City that he makes over a million a fight. Yoshida makes close to 2 million I’ve heard. So Chuck is right up there. As you said, my beef is the pay disparity. Nobody fighting on national television should be making a paltry $2000.

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
If I was Liddell I would seriously consider leaving the UFC at this point. Not just from a money standpoint, but it must get kinda boring when no one else in your weight class even presents a challenge to you.[/quote]

I still can’t believe that the UFC didn’t sign Rampage when Pride dumped him. He’s one of the most marketable fighters out there. He would bring that whole hip-hop street edge that would play into the way the UFC markets itself.

If Arona leaves Pride, he would be another great sign. He’s been extremely unhappy with Pride after his loss to Silva, and expressed so quite freverently. Since Lil’ Nog is getting the next title shot, and just may succeed, he will be stuck as the number one contender with someone he can’t fight hlding the belt. Arona would be a fucking nightmare for everyone at 205 with elbows and a cage.