Libido Non-Existent Months After PCT

[quote]Singhbuilder wrote:

[quote]eric2032 wrote:
it was apparently something like, if prolactin and progesterone being too high are your issue, it will affect your sex drive, so taking cabergoline would reduce that and suddenly youd have a sex drive again.[/quote]

Yes on paper thats what SHOULD happen, but I had high prolactin levels (378 on a scale of 90-270), I used bromocriptine, cabergoline and also tried selegeline, none of which worked. So just because you have used caber and your libido didnt SUDDENLY return, doesnt mean you can rule out high prolactin. But as BBB said, E2 is probably the problem.[/quote]

I wouldnt be so hasty as to say they didnt work, especially the caber, that has a really really long half life and prolactin levels wont just zip to zero straight away. Time always sorts things out in the end though.

[quote]MassiveGuns wrote:

[quote]eric2032 wrote:
it was apparently something like, if prolactin and progesterone being too high are your issue, it will affect your sex drive, so taking cabergoline would reduce that and suddenly youd have a sex drive again.[/quote]

Yes on paper thats what SHOULD happen, but I had high prolactin levels (378 on a scale of 90-270), I used bromocriptine, cabergoline and also tried selegeline, none of which worked. So just because you have used caber and your libido didnt SUDDENLY return, doesnt mean you can rule out high prolactin. But as BBB said, E2 is probably the problem.[/quote]

I wouldnt be so hasty as to say they didnt work, especially the caber, that has a really really long half life and prolactin levels wont just zip to zero straight away. Time always sorts things out in the end though.[/quote]

I meant they did not work in regards to the libido. They worked in lowering prolactin levels just fine to near undetectable levels (from 378 to 7). That could also have been another reason, lowering prolactin too far. But that was at higher doses, theres a guy on here who used moderate doses and still saw no libido effects.

My libido has never been so high as when taking proviron. Im not sure why but that stuff is insane for my libido.

[quote]reflections7 wrote:
My libido has never been so high as when taking proviron. Im not sure why but that stuff is insane for my libido. [/quote]

Proviron can lower SHBG, increasing your free test level. Supposedly Nettle Root Extract can lowers SHBG as well.

I have found arimidex and letro work much better than nolva for bringing gyno down. Nolva seems to be the best choice for pct though. They work a little different as Adex helps prevent estrogen and nolva doesn’t prevent estrogen, but it blocks it from the receptor. For ur sex drive, try taking 250ius hcg eod during ur cycle.

It def works for keeping ur sak in check, but the thing I don’t like is hcg raises estrogen as well. If u don’t wanna run hcg while ur on, for pct try taking 500 ius hcg eod for 3 weeks along with 50mg clomid and 20-40mg of nolva. After 3 weeks, drop the hcg but continue clomid and hcg for another week. U shud be golden!

[quote]PrettyRicky wrote:
I have found arimidex and letro work much better than nolva for bringing gyno down. Nolva seems to be the best choice for pct though. They work a little different as Adex helps prevent estrogen and nolva doesn’t prevent estrogen, but it blocks it from the receptor. For ur sex drive, try taking 250ius hcg eod during ur cycle.

It def works for keeping ur sak in check, but the thing I don’t like is hcg raises estrogen as well. If u don’t wanna run hcg while ur on, for pct try taking 500 ius hcg eod for 3 weeks along with 50mg clomid and 20-40mg of nolva. After 3 weeks, drop the hcg but continue clomid and hcg for another week. U shud be golden![/quote]

Hes not asking what to do for a PCT after you come off a cycle, hes already done that.
Also, I think unless you are shutdown a couple of months after your cycle that is the only time you should consider hCG. I think hCG through PCT is counter-productive to a natural recovery of endo hormones. hCG should be used to prevent shutdown, however I have known people who have come back ‘online’ after using hCG post-PCT.
But when I was in the same position I was forced just to ‘wait it out’ because of a shit endocrinologist.
And hCG will only help with libido if natural test is low by stimulating the secretion of LH and FSH to signal the testes to produce its own test, thus increasing libido. His test seems to be in normal range.

@Eric, it seems that u have tried many things, but not hcg. As singh said, I have also heard negatives about hcg used in pct even though it works for many. U have done ur pct and simply want ur sex drive back, so I still say try hcg during or post cycle. It works for me, so why not give it a try?

@Eric, it seems that u have tried many things, but not hcg. As singh said, I have also heard negatives about hcg used in pct even though it works for many. U have done ur pct and simply want ur sex drive back, so I still say try hcg during or post cycle. It works for me, so why not give it a try? [/quote]

HCG doesn’t magically increase your sex drive. All it does is signal your testes to make more of their own testosterone. Sure this will work to increase sex drive (and everything else from an androgenic point of view) but that’s just because it increase your overall testosterone. If your pituitary is signaling correctly, hcg is completely unnecessary.

I hear ya bro I was just throwing him an option he hasn’t tried before!

I hear ya bro I was just throwing him an option he hasn’t tried before![/quote]

An option with no medical reference or base. He has posted his blood values, his test is normal.
How will hCG help with sex drive if his test is already in range?
The only explanation for him is that some other hormone is suppressing the libido effects of testosterone, BBB has mentioned it could be high E2.

Ok sing u win! E is prolly too high.

IMO the most likely cause of libido issues in the presence of otherwise good testosterone levels are:
-High Estradiol (easily corrected)
-low DHT (due to poor 5AR, usually related to 5AR inhibitors such as finasteride)
-High Prolactin (I know very little about prolactin and how to control it as it doesn’t appear too often in TRT context as causing issues)

Your hormones look in normal range, the fsh is on the lower end of scale but still in range. You may be like me, I had a similar problem except I was still suffering around 7 months after PCT. Now I have spontaneously recovered, my libido is on the rise (still not where it used to be but better), I think you might have to wait it out like I did, only difference was mine was a prolactin issue. Maybe get you prolactin levels checked to rule out the possibility that your gear might have been deca?[/quote]

Fingers crossed you may get an email alert from this.

Im really interested in finding out the longer-term outcomes of scenarios where libido and ED recovery have taken longer than normal. Its been 6 months for me and still suffering from weak erections and rare morning woods.

You mentioned “recovered” yet also said “my libido is on the rise”, suggesting you were still not 100%.

Any more to this story?

[quote]jedi1337 wrote:

Your hormones look in normal range, the fsh is on the lower end of scale but still in range. You may be like me, I had a similar problem except I was still suffering around 7 months after PCT. Now I have spontaneously recovered, my libido is on the rise (still not where it used to be but better), I think you might have to wait it out like I did, only difference was mine was a prolactin issue. Maybe get you prolactin levels checked to rule out the possibility that your gear might have been deca?[/quote]

Im really interested in finding out the longer-term outcomes of scenarios where libido and ED recovery have taken longer than normal. Its been 6 months for me and still suffering from weak erections and rare morning woods.

You mentioned “recovered” yet also said “my libido is on the rise”, suggesting you were still not 100%.

Any more to this story?[/quote]

did you get bloodwork yet?

[quote]jedi1337 wrote:

Any more to this story?[/quote]

Wow this was a very long time ago. I have not touched any exogenous hormones since 2012 I believe. Im now in the best shape of my life naturally, my libido is normal (although I dont remember how high it was pre-steroid use). Erections are also normal, morning wood is existant. I have had bloods too, my test is in the normal range just slightly lower than pre-steroid use.

SB

Hey what’s up man?

Did you ever get your issue solved all these years later? Currently going through the same thing and waiting to see my urologist in a few weeks.

Let me know! Thanks