Libido Has Disappeared

I would not, then.

Maybe switch to injections. Ask your doctor.

Slowly progressive, none the less, progressive.

2 Likes

High dose fish oil tanked my libido/erections and messed with my orgasms, many times over the years. Both pre-TRT and during TRT. I tested it for periods (when changing nothing else in diet/exercise) and took me a lot of time before I figured it out that was the cause for me specifically when my libido/erections were otherwise working fine. I scoured the internet for research to figure out why, but found nothing as pretty much every article on fish oil is positive. Have you tried cutting it out completely for a while??

3 Likes

You’re definitely not the first person I’ve heard this from and that’s why I thought it might be a possibility. I will be cutting things out one by one and I’ve already started with fish oil. Had a morning erection today, first time in a while! Too soon to say whether it’s that since my libido still hasn’t returned. It will be too bad if it’s the fish oil, my thinking is so much better on it.

After 4 years? Doubtful. I’d look to something else.

SSRIs increase Estrogen/serotonin. So this, along with the TRT… i’d look at estrogen as perhaps the culprit.

Citalopram did the same to me. Google PSSD

3 Likes

It’s officially been 7 days and I cut nothing out but the fish oil, my libido has made a complete 180. My mind is blown that it could have blunted my sex drive to that level….

4 Likes

Funny. I usually feel that when I cut my supplements ( vit d, omega 3, multi vit) I have better mood and feel better.

Could it be the omega too ?? Never thought of that and usually think it’s the vit D

1 Like

I’ve only ever read studies with positive implications regarding omega 3 supplementation. That being said, they hardly mention the high doses I was taking. If my lipid profile shifts negatively I might reintroduce omega 3s bit by bit and see what happens.

Wtf really. I take to high strength krill oil a day… I thought we needed it to help the heart and the blood cells? What have you substituted it for,? GREAT NEWS

I was taking 1 pill per day, in the morning. Not too much. But it is interesting that my E2 scored the lowest since years. Last month I was at 15pg/ml , which is less than half of what I usually have (28 to 34pg/ml). I am not on TRT.
And this was after I started taking it during summer. Maybe both things are not related. Probably a coincidence.

1 Like

I substituted omega 3 supplements for actual fish a while ago. I don’t have any problems with omega supps as far as libido goes, but eating real fish as opposed to taking a pill provides additional nutritional and health benefits according to an abundance of research. It also me helps get my macros in.

For an easy recipe, I buy a kg (2,2lb) frozen bag of mini sardines for around $2. I rinse about 400 grams of sardines (when cooked it yields about 200grams) under tap water, pat them dry, lay them flat on a baking pan, sprinkle some salt on them and let them cook for ~20 minutes at 428F. No other oils or spices necessary unless desired.

I usually eat about 200gr 3 times a week. 200gr of baked sardines provides about 6gr of omega 3, 370 calories with 40gr of protein. Cheap, convenient and tasty. A good substitute for chips while watching TV on the couch.

2 Likes

damn bro. fish oil? how the hell does fish oil do that :rofl:. im glad you figured it out.

At least now we are aware fish oil can affect libido negatively.

1 Like

I truly wish I liked fish, haven’t since I was a kid. You’re lucky you do.

1 Like

I know haha. I was taking a high dose though, not trying to turn others off of it. I do feel like I’m less mentally sharp as I was on it, memory took a hit and I’m slightly less motivated.

Wow this should definitely be highlighted for future reference. Fish oil and low libido, that’s bizarre!

Fish Oil + Citalopram. I don’t think Citalopram is irrelevant here

1 Like

Not sure about libido directly but too much fish oil amped me up, and not in a good way. A sort of never ending adrenal rush I couldn’t handle mentally.

What’s interesting is that many on here are into fitness and health. Fish is healthy.

Makes one wonder how many people on TRT are eating a lot of fish and/or taking omegas and having a libido issue.

Taking good dose Omega3’s for years, never libido problem or any other problems fwiw.