T Nation

Liberals Go To Great Lengths

Okay, “some” liberals go to great lengths.

Take for example Sam Kimery who invented a device that actually blocks Fox News! What happened to liberals being advocates of free speech? Maybe that was an earlier day in liberalism.

I wonder how many CBS, NBC, ABC and CNN blockers I could sell? LOL…You have to read this:

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/business/article.adp?id=20050325163609990001

it’s only free speech if it agrees with their point of view. Otherwise, it’s either: right wing propaganda, hate speech, or just plain being a blowhard.

Pure stupidity - and nothing but a way to get 15 minutes of fame.

Or actually, maybe an ingenious business model to rake in wheelbarrow loads of cash form lefties that don’t realize the remote that came with their television is their wand of personal censorship. Since lefties are shamefully susceptible to trendy thinking and fads, I suspect the FOX blocker could be the next tribal tattoo or pet rock.

This, from a group of people that has practically mantra-fied ‘if you don’t like it, chnage the channel’ in promoting free speech.

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:
it’s only free speech if it agrees with their point of view. Otherwise, it’s either: right wing propaganda, hate speech, or just plain being a blowhard.
[/quote]

My wife would love this,
but I couldn’t live without watching and cursing at Hannity.

Hahahahaha… did you guys even read the article. The guy was registered republican who got pissed off at the republicans and fox news. It’s priceless.

And, as the guy himself stated, of course you don’t need to the device to block fox on your own television.

Get a grip, you guys are rabid!

[quote]vroom wrote:
Hahahahaha… did you guys even read the article. The guy was registered republican who got pissed off at the republicans and fox news. It’s priceless.

And, as the guy himself stated, of course you don’t need to the device to block fox on your own television.

Get a grip, you guys are rabid![/quote]

I was commenting not on the article, but about the broader question of libs and free speech.
Sorry vroom, but as someone said recently, get over yourself.

How can you be commenting on the broader question of libs and free speech?

Thats bullshit and you know it. You were jumping on the bandwagon harping against libs when the item in question has absolutely nothing to do with libs, censorship or any other buzzword mentioned above.

Typical.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Hahahahaha… did you guys even read the article. The guy was registered republican who got pissed off at the republicans and fox news. It’s priceless.

And, as the guy himself stated, of course you don’t need to the device to block fox on your own television.

Get a grip, you guys are rabid![/quote]

Hey vroom did you make your own blocker? he he

[quote]vroom wrote:
How can you be commenting on the broader question of libs and free speech?

Thats bullshit and you know it. You were jumping on the bandwagon harping against libs when the item in question has absolutely nothing to do with libs, censorship or any other buzzword mentioned above.

Typical.[/quote]

kay, “some” liberals go to great lengths.

Take for example Sam Kimery who invented a device that actually blocks Fox News! What happened to liberals being advocates of free speech? Maybe that was an earlier day in liberalism.

Vroom: This is what I was commenting on. I wasn’t commenting on the story, as I’d seen it a couple of days ago and dismissed it as a nutter.
I was just agreeing with ZEB.
Sorry if that offends you.

By the way vroom, just because someone “used” to be a republican does not mean that they can’t have changed into a liberal…It does happen…some people get dumb down as they get older…:slight_smile: smile buddy kidding with you…

Joe, Sam Kinery is the guy in the story.

Anyhow, I’m not offended when people such as yourself parrot against the concept of liberals for no reason. I can get annoyed when I’m told to get over myself when I don’t deserve it but you’ll have to work at it.

Unlike yourself, I haven’t been promoting a “viewpoint”, I’ve merely been commenting on yours.

Zeb, if I’m not mistaken I’d have to pay extra to watch fox, so, umm, the odds of me doing that are a litle low… (omg, censorship!) :wink:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
vroom wrote:
Hahahahaha… did you guys even read the article. The guy was registered republican who got pissed off at the republicans and fox news. It’s priceless.

And, as the guy himself stated, of course you don’t need to the device to block fox on your own television.

Get a grip, you guys are rabid!

Hey vroom did you make your own blocker? he he[/quote]

So, Zeb, are you going to comment on the fact that this was actually a registered republican, or are we hoping that no one is paying attention?

[quote]Moriarty wrote:
So, Zeb, are you going to comment on the fact that this was actually a registered republican, or are we hoping that no one is paying attention?[/quote]

Hey Moriarty - are you going to ignore the fact that you have no reading comprehension skills? Or are you hoping no one notices?

Copied from the link above:
Formerly a registered Republican, even a precinct captain, Kimery became an independent in the 1990s…

As for Sam being a 'formerly registered Republican, frankly it’s not that unsual for an AP writer to want to include this as newsworthy…

…after all, EVEN people who were once Republicans are being turned off by the unholiness of the FOX network.

As for being ‘rabid’, Vroom, no, I think most people here are suggesting the opposite - that anyone who would take the time and effort to build a TV blocker for a station they didn’t care for is the very definition of ‘rabid’…and silly, frivolous, and stupid.

Someone isn’t ‘rabid’ just because they choose to opine and don’t choose to adhere to your version of callow non-judgmentalism regardless of the content or circumstances.

Earth to vroom…special message for vroom!
I was commenting on what Zeb said about liberals. I wasn’t commenting on the guy in the story. This is the second time I’ve told you th is, I hope it won’t be necessary to go for three.
And there’s plenty of reason for me to parrot against liberals. I don’t like their politics. I think liberal politics have damn near ruined this country and the world.

When we get to a point where the German government is starting to talk about tax cuts, I think the rest of the world is beginning to realize it as well.

Now, one of my very best friends in the world is a lib commie, and he drives me fuckin nuts most of the time. But I still like him a great deal. And he keeps me on my toes and he keeps me honest.

And you seem to be a pretty straight-forward guy too…even if a bit pretentious at times (and wrong headed ).

[quote]vroom wrote:
Joe, Sam Kinery is the guy in the story.

Anyhow, I’m not offended when people such as yourself parrot against the concept of liberals for no reason. I can get annoyed when I’m told to get over myself when I don’t deserve it but you’ll have to work at it.

Unlike yourself, I haven’t been promoting a “viewpoint”, I’ve merely been commenting on yours.

Zeb, if I’m not mistaken I’d have to pay extra to watch fox, so, umm, the odds of me doing that are a litle low… (omg, censorship!) ;)[/quote]

I really wanted to read this thread, but it got blocked out… :wink:

Makkun

What is the reason for the presumption that the man in the article was a liberal?

[quote]Al Shades wrote:
What is the reason for the presumption that the man in the article was a liberal?[/quote]

Good afternoon, Al, nice to see you back.
I can’t speak for ZEB. Apparently as I’m sure you know he claims to be and Independant, but I’ve met very few people who actually were–in fact, none. Everyone who claimed to be was in fact liberal. Perhaps this was what ZEB was thinking as well?

I’ve never encountered that perception before. As a matter of fact, I can name a high profile counter-example that relates to the main topic of this thread: Bill O’Reilly. He claims to be an independant but most people regard him as a conservative.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Moriarty wrote:
So, Zeb, are you going to comment on the fact that this was actually a registered republican, or are we hoping that no one is paying attention?

Hey Moriarty - are you going to ignore the fact that you have no reading comprehension skills? Or are you hoping no one notices?

Copied from the link above:
Formerly a registered Republican, even a precinct captain, Kimery became an independent in the 1990s…[/quote]

I actually haven’t read the article, but I don’t see how what you’ve quoted here disputes my point, which was that Zeb assumed this person to be a liberal even though the article clearly states otherwise.

Care to comment Zeb?