Liberals and PETA

chubs, that’s great! I’m gonna wear a meat-helmet to my next squat day! Seriously though, I have no doubt that anybody on this website could beat the estrogen-soaked soy-shrivelled shit out of dozens of PETA members at once, but there’s other ways to mess our collective shit up. All you need is a butt-load of money. These PETA freaks have it.

Loth,

It’s pretty simple man – prosecute the bastards.

I think people are applying the general principles I’m saying to PETA and finding they don’t fit… and then somehow believing I’m on their side or some shit.

There are a boatload of groups out there. If they break the laws, go get 'em. If they don’t, who gives a rats ass.

I don’t want to scare you, but there are other groups out there with lots of money also. They are trade groups… formed when very large companies amass their money and influence legislation or consumer opinion in their own favor.

OMG, run for the hills.

The only thing I see here is people are taking aim at only certain groups… those that happen to be at odds with their own beliefs. Those well funded groups that benefit business or research or whatever else you might imagine aren’t under fire here.

So, what is the principle then? Why are some groups good and some bad? It certainly can’t be just because some are for causes you like and some aren’t. If it’s because some are doing illegal acts – then they should be policed. Next reason?

[quote]vroom wrote:

Vroom wrote:

Oh no, protections in the constitution and legal loopholes… heaven have mercy, what a danger that must represent! Bahahahaha. Let’s stick to pointing out where they break the rules instead of making their law abiding behaviors sound sinister.

To which Zeb replied…

You always spout off, attempting to sound fair and then wonder off firmly on the side of liberalism. No, no keep it up it’s actually funny!

You really think so? You think people should not be able to hide behind the constitution in order to protect their rights? You think that people should not use the existing legal system to their own advantage?

Let me ask you, do you voluntarily go about paying more taxes than you have to? Nobody is going to claim following tax laws carefully to minimize payment is wrong. How can you claim that following other laws is wrong? The correct action, if the laws are wrong, is to fix the laws and close the loopholes, if that is appropriate.

Develop some sense man. Nothing in this is “liberal” or party based in any way.

PETA is off track, filled with nutbars, who have strange beliefs. I simply believe that if they aren’t doing anything illegal they are perfectly right to pursue their interests or beliefs. It’s how the country was founded… giving people freedom to follow their beliefs.

What planet are you from?[/quote]

vroom:

Thanks for once again proving my point! Your post ended on a liberal note, defending PETA. LOL!

Zeb,

Are you truly as clueless as you pretend to be? I’m defending the right of every single organization in the US to act within the law…

The fact that PETA may or may not be doing so is not part of what I’m saying. Can you see that at all or are you blinders that thick?

I’m a “clueless, blinder boy from a distant planet”…LOL.

Gee vroom, didn’t mean to make you mad. You have a difficult time getting through your posts without name calling. Have you noticed that? Is that the ultra-liberal hater in you? Ahh…maybe just a bad year.

I do wonder why you end your posts defending PETA, the ACLU and other whack job extreme liberal organizations. wish you would end defending conservative organizations now and then. No…actually just do it once. Then many of us would truly believe that you were sincere in your arguments.

Otherwise, you simply read like the liberal that you are (and that you finally admitted to today).

You are not so persuasive as you are transparent.

Heck Zeb, a week or so ago I wrote a big article about being liberal… it’s not like using the term above is a first or anything. I guess you were too busy in the “Pavel vs Zeb on Chinning” thread to notice.

Anyhow, I’m rarely angry about anything on the boards Zeb, I just call them as I see them. It adds a bit of spice. Anyhow, don’t blame me if the shoes happen to fit, you label sticking anti-freedom crusading authoritarian conservative.

What is wrong with having a position that is defined as liberal. I am not talking about the popular politcal stereotype meaning of liberal. The liberal I speak of comes out of Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary:

1 a : of, relating to, or based on the liberal arts b archaic : of or befitting a man of free birth

2 a : marked by generosity : OPENHANDED b : given or provided in a generous and openhanded way c : AMPLE, FULL

3 obsolete : lacking moral restraint : LICENTIOUS

4 : not literal or strict : LOOSE

5 : BROAD-MINDED; especially : not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or traditional forms

6 a : of, favoring, or based upon the principles of liberalism b capitalized : of or constituting a political party advocating or associated with the principles of political liberalism; especially : of or constituting a political party in the United Kingdom associated with ideals of individual especially economic freedom, greater individual participation in government, and constitutional, political, and administrative reforms designed to secure these objectives.

I find it funny how politics comes last in the explanation of liberal. All this talk about liberal blah blah makes it sound as if it was political to begin with. Whose fault? Who cares. Who are the retards that allow this to be? All of us.

BUT everyone is liberal to some degree as explained in the first 5 sections of the definition. Otherwise we would not be members of the T-Nation.

Re: the original post here, I see that with so many issues. Just because a small group that is Liberal feels some way about something doesn’t mean all Libereals do. The same goes for the Conservative side.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Heck Zeb, a week or so ago I wrote a big article about being liberal… it’s not like using the term above is a first or anything. I guess you were too busy in the “Pavel vs Zeb on Chinning” thread to notice.

Anyhow, I’m rarely angry about anything on the boards Zeb, I just call them as I see them. It adds a bit of spice. Anyhow, don’t blame me if the shoes happen to fit, you label sticking anti-freedom crusading authoritarian conservative.[/quote]

Actually, I was pretty busy last week, thanks for noticing

LOL…Okay here’s one back at you: You ultra-liberal whacko values destroying foreigner.

(And they say we never have any meaningful discussion on this thread :slight_smile:

Whats wrong with PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)?

[quote]vroom wrote:
Loth,

It’s pretty simple man – prosecute the bastards.
[/quote]

Man, if only it was that easy! Hey, don’t you think that if we could, we would? I love your solution though, man. It’s like the way we “solved” our drug problem here in America. Hey, no problem – we’ll just prosecute everybody.

Honestly, though… I’m not scared of a bunch of fruitcake vegans destroying the universe or something, what I was saying before is that the freak groups like PETA that have millions of dollars are able to accomplish quite a bit of bedevilment in our government and elsewhere. The article that Rebecca posted sums it up nicely.

lothario , vroom’s naivete knows no bounds!

Zeb,

I’m hardly naive… unlike yourself! :stuck_out_tongue:

The point is, that is you can’t catch someone and prove them guilty, then that’s too damned bad. It’s the way the system works. Not all crimes are solved and not all criminals are caught. Resources are limited and priorites have to be addressed.

This has never been a “problem” of the magnitude that you would propose that it is now.

Good point vroom.

Hey, thanks Zeb, it’s nice to know that it isn’t an absolute requirement for you and I to disagree on everything!

vroom:

Even a blind pig get’s a cob of corn now and then…:wink:

Okay then…

[tosses the olive branch into the fire and gets ready for a BBQ]

Man, and you guys were getting along so well…

[quote]ToShinDo wrote:
Man, and you guys were getting along so well…[/quote]

Actually, I love vroom. I respect the fact that he has an opinion and is unafraid to state it…over …and over…and over again… :slight_smile: