Liberal Trolling Post

[quote]vroom wrote:
Anyway, I think you need to look a bit deeper into politics and the political process before whining about not being able to elect someone that isn’t a coke head.[/quote]

I would vote for a dead walrus before I smoked enough crack to vote for Al Gore. Same for Kerry. These guys were not strong contenders for much of anything.

Gore: No message. No content. No character. Not even alive.

Kerry: No consistent message. On camera persona too contrived to be believable. Sucked ass.

But as a testament to how awful GWB is, these guys still managed to rack up an impressive amount of votes. Go figure.

vroom, can we agree that the left has lost it a little bit? Wouldn’t it be nice to rein our shit in and get some solid foundation under us, you know… start with a core message, build on it with facts and supporting arguments, and use both good sense and theater to get our point across? This empty-headed demogoguery BS isn’t fucking working, man.

[quote]lothario1132 wrote:
vroom, can we agree that the left has lost it a little bit? Wouldn’t it be nice to rein our shit in and get some solid foundation under us, you know… start with a core message, build on it with facts and supporting arguments, and use both good sense and theater to get our point across? This empty-headed demogoguery BS isn’t fucking working, man.[/quote]

I think I heard James Carville say the very same thing.

Go figure.

Lothario,

If every liberal was as honest and reasoned as you, there would be much more constructive discourse between the parties.

That lumpy, the consumate partisan, called you Joe Lieberman should be taken as an enormous compliment.

You watch what happens in Conn.

I am with Zap 100% on this one. The further left the dems go, the further right many of us go.

It’s abhorrent to listen to the defeatism and coddling.

However, please remember that many of us ARE NOT pleased with many aspects of the Republican party.

For me: I would like to relegate faith into something that is personal and not pushed at a national level. Refererences to a generic “God” are about as far as I would go.

Second, as I have stated 1000 times, I am angry that the Republicans haven’t had enough discipline and fortitude to dominate the agenda. Yes, I know that the press are lefties. However, Republicans (we are the successful ones ):slight_smile: should be far more effective at public relations.

In summary, as the wackjobs (e.g. howard dean) who have hijacked the dems continue to spout venom, many of us are pushed further and further right.

I’m angry the Republicans haven’t been able to push them into fringe status.

That the members of the current democratic party are EVEN TALKING about regaining a House of Congress, makes me more angry at Republicans.

I apologize for the rant. However, it’s refreshing to hear that there are some liberals out there who share many of my fears and beliefs.

In the end, we are and should be on the same team: U.S.A.

JeffR

[quote]rainjack wrote:
lothario1132 wrote:
vroom, can we agree that the left has lost it a little bit? Wouldn’t it be nice to rein our shit in and get some solid foundation under us, you know… start with a core message, build on it with facts and supporting arguments, and use both good sense and theater to get our point across? This empty-headed demogoguery BS isn’t fucking working, man.

I think I heard James Carville say the very same thing.

Go figure. [/quote]

I would love to sit down with carville.

I don’t like his politics. However, I respect his political acumen.

That he and his wife are still together says loads about what he must be like when the cameras are off.

I’d be willing to bet that behind the bluster is a very keen mind.

JeffR

swivel wrote:
he really is quite liberal in spirit the way he apologizes for, sympathizes with, and tolerates bungling failure.

Ah, if this about the Fox news thread, then well golly. Sorry if my attitude towards TV as not being all that important to me strikes you as weird.

TV is not about information as much as it is about selling. And that goes about double for news shows like FOX and CNN, et al., because they are selling a political ideology along with dog shampoo and feminine hygiene products.

I can only handle so many commercials until I get annoyed and find something else to do. Maybe that makes me strange.[/quote]

It illustrates that you have insight.

What many of us fear, is the “I only think about politics once every four years” voter who absorbs one view only out of convenience.

Many of us fear the uninformed voter.

Many of us would like a voter to be presented with both sides of an argument.

What you rightly reject as obvious bias, some swallow as hard truths.

Therefore, the votes/power goes to the largest and most effective media machine.

Few are as discerning as you appear to be.

JeffR

I would vote for a dead walrus before I smoked enough crack to vote for Al Gore. Same for Kerry. These guys were not strong contenders for much of anything.

Gore: No message. No content. No character. Not even alive.

Kerry: No consistent message. On camera persona too contrived to be believable. Sucked ass.

But as a testament to how awful GWB is, these guys still managed to rack up an impressive amount of votes. Go figure.
[/quote]

I don’t know, Kerry might not have been so bad. I think without the swift boat nonsense he might have pulled a win.

Now, I’m not saying he is great or anything, but you have to look at the way the political game is played and realize that whether or not he’d have had some gumption is really unknown.

All we know is that the attack dogs were able to make him look pretty bad for long enough.

I think there is a left of left out there that is freaky as all hell. At the same time, the left is simply not a coherent team like the right seems to be able to pull together at times.

The left looks to be a bunch of people, all with their own thoughts, who are easy to divide and conquer. I think it is a mistake to try to set up some strawman position and say it equates to the left… though of course it is a powerful tactic politically.

I am saddened by how many things are powerful politically but don’t really have any significance in the bigger picture. Ah well, who cares what I think anyway, I’m in a different country, so long as you guys stop funding our conservative candidates I’m fine… :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]JeffR wrote:

In the end, we are and should be on the same team: U.S.A.

JeffR[/quote]

No truer words have ever been typed, my friend. The real enemies of freedom and justice are out there.

Our political parties are like two artists arguing over which color sun looks best in our painting, while some guy across the street is burning as many paintings as he can… and eyeing ours.

Let’s see how long that fucker can hold on to his lighter.

swivel wrote:
he really is quite liberal in spirit the way he apologizes for, sympathizes with, and tolerates bungling failure.

Ah, if this about the Fox news thread, then well golly. Sorry if my attitude towards TV as not being all that important to me strikes you as weird.

TV is not about information as much as it is about selling. And that goes about double for news shows like FOX and CNN, et al., because they are selling a political ideology along with dog shampoo and feminine hygiene products.

I can only handle so many commercials until I get annoyed and find something else to do. Maybe that makes me strange.[/quote]

what did i write that makes you think this has anything to do with the fox news thread ?

what i wrote was in response to what wreckless wrote, which actually defends your position, and to which you paid no attention and struck from the record.

you’re very distressed lately. you could easily relieve yourself by taking some time to understand the meaning of the word “context”. learn how to apply it to your reading and life will no longer present itself as a barrel of monkeys.

[quote]swivel wrote:
what did i write that makes you think this has anything to do with the fox news thread ? [/quote] Maybe because it’s the only time in recent memory that we’ve crossed paths in the forum about anything? Your post was kinda vague.

[quote]what i wrote was in response to what wreckless wrote, which actually defends your position, and to which you paid no attention and struck from the record.

you’re very distressed lately. you could easily relieve yourself by taking some time to understand the meaning of the word “context”. learn how to apply it to your reading and life will no longer present itself as a barrel of monkeys.

[/quote]
You know what? You’re right. When I see the following sentence:

“Fellow liberals? Who do you think you’re fooling by pretending to be liberal?”

After I’ve just made a semi-lengthy post about my frustration with being a part of the left, and having to deal with a whole bucket of unnecessary shit that goes along with the liberal label lately – well duh! Of course he was defending my position. There is no obvious disavowing of me going on there at all.

And in keeping with the “loth doesn’t understand context” thingy, I am also not being even a little sarcastic right now.

Down monkeys! Down! Back in your barrel!

Loth,

I think you raise some excellent points that need to be part of a big internal audit of liberal politics.

Think of it - after losing the election of 2000, liberals have not looked inward at all. They have never said “what are we doing wrong?”

Instead we have seen nothing but a form of hubris that basically says we have all the right answers, the American public is just too moronic too vote for the party with all the right answers. That has been the dominant theme. It was never more present than after 2004.

What is needed is a hard look, something you seem to advocate. Kerry was an awful candidate, and Democrats could have put up anyone. The party itself stands for practically nothing.

Liberals, as a group, have become the defiant, snotty teenager who thinks everyone - his parents, his teachers, his bosses, anyone who is not him - is responsible for his failure. And like every teenager who goes through this, at some point, he has to sit down, stop blaming everyone else, and blame himself.

America needs a strong Democratic party. As poorly as the GOP has done, the Democrats have actually done worse. And we are the worse for it.

Wreckless wrote:
Fellow liberals? Who do you think you’re fooling by pretending to be liberal?

You see, this is why I posted. Wreck, please stop sucking so much ass and giving the rest of us a bad name. I haven’t seen a positive “USA minded” post out of you I think… ever.

You strike me (but I could be wrong) as one of those folks I despise who spend their time whining with no better alternative ideas. Every word you type is like a turd falling into my drink. (apologies to Bill Hicks)

C’mon man! There’s gotta be more to you than this!

We have always been the moral high ground. Always. Every single major social advancement of the twentieth century was due to liberals getting shit taken care of… and those people are sorely missed now.

Where’s the new generation of liberal movers and shakers? There’s holding up “No Blood for Oil” signs and sucking asses. Shameful.

I refuse to suck asses along with you bastards. And since I am not one to yield, then I demand that you change, goddammit! The most militant and forceful of us think it’s okay to harass a research scientist who works on animals, but when it comes to real enemies like Saddam Hussein and the Islamofascist cockmonkeys, you fucking pussies run and hide under the bed, screaming that there isn’t a problem.

Fuck that. Right in the ear. If I weren’t a hopeless optimist I would be pretty disgoddamncouraged right now.[/quote]

The new generation of liberal movers and shakers is stabbed in the back by “let’s pretend I was a swift-boat captain once but now I’m a lying-for- money-whore”.

It’s sickening to see that so called liberals are critical of Gore and Kerry (I’m not saying they are perfect) so they simply HAD to vote for the chimp???

Come on guys. This freak can’t utter one intelligent sentence if his life depended on it, there’s not one coherent thought in his mind. If his name wasn’t Bush, he would be asking people “do you want fries with that”?
But he’s still the better choice?

And somehow Gore and Kerry are “to far out there”? Gore and Kerry are as mainstream as they get. Bush is to far out there. And if you’re closer to Bush as to Gore and Kerry, YOU ARE TO FAR OUT THERE.

What’s worse, holding up “No Blood for Oil” signs? Or lying to get a war going, then mismanaging that war so it can’t be won? Then declaring martial law so people can be put in jail without a trial and be tortured.

The fight is NOT with the Islamofascist. The fight is between the moderates and the extremists. Bush isn’t fighting the muslim-extremists. He’s fighting the moderates at home and fueling the extremists abroad. He’s making it hard for the Islam-moderates to be heard.

Why go after the Islamofascists and spend lots of money (and lives) to get them, while you can simply vote out (at least, let’s hope so, we have HH asking to postpone the elections in another thread) the Christianfascist you have now squatting in the white house?

I don’t want you to suck asses with us. I just want you to stop sucking up to Bush OR stop calling yourself a liberal. Which one is it going to be?

A simple question: who made Saddam Hussein the problem? Who made Iraq the focal point of global terrorist activity?

And why do you suck his ass?

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
I don’t want you to suck asses with us. I just want you to stop sucking up to Bush OR stop calling yourself a liberal. Which one is it going to be?

A simple question: who made Saddam Hussein the problem? Who made Iraq the focal point of global terrorist activity?

And why do you suck his ass?[/quote]

I think Pelosi/Reid gave Leiberman the same speech.

Wrckless just showed how hate filled and close-minded the left really is: “Agree with us or fuck off, bitch”

Good thing the voters can see this and continually turn their back on such overt hatred.

I think Liberals should lose their right to call themselves such. What in the fuck is liberal about anything wreckless said?

Sounds pretty fucking dogmatic to me. How can you be both dogmatic AND liberal at the same time? They oinly way I see it can be done is if you bend the meaning of Liberal to mean the same as dogmatic.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Instead we have seen nothing but a form of hubris that basically says we have all the right answers, the American public is just too moronic too vote for the party with all the right answers. That has been the dominant theme. It was never more present than after 2004.[/quote]

I love this kind of stuff. It’s just a characterization, kind of like the ridiculous ‘angry’ characterization that is out there so often as well.

One problem is the close elections. Honestly, one of the things I like in the Canadian system is the concept of a minority government. When the election is that close, a minority government doesn’t have the power to go about doing all kinds of radical nonsense… and it can help somewhat to reflect the will of the people.

Somewhere under all the games and horseshit it really is supposed to be about determining the will of the people… I think that is getting left out these days.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Wreckless wrote:
How about you towing the Republican party line and cover up for a pedophile?

That’s your party line.

First, I didn’t realize Foley had sex with prepubescents. Well, that’s what a pedophile is. What Foley did was wrong enough. But, let’s not make shit up because it makes for a better soundbite.

Second, unlike Studds, Foley was pressured to resign. Not really a good “cover-up.”

[/quote]

Actually he resigned before pressure.
And with Republicans knowing of his problems previous…he was encouraged to run and ran. Hence, the outrage. Hence, the coverup.

(DEAR GOD READ THE NEWSPAPER)

[quote]100meters wrote:
Sloth wrote:
Wreckless wrote:
How about you towing the Republican party line and cover up for a pedophile?

That’s your party line.

First, I didn’t realize Foley had sex with prepubescents. Well, that’s what a pedophile is. What Foley did was wrong enough. But, let’s not make shit up because it makes for a better soundbite.

Second, unlike Studds, Foley was pressured to resign. Not really a good “cover-up.”

Actually he resigned before pressure.
And with Republicans knowing of his problems previous…he was encouraged to run and ran. Hence, the outrage. Hence, the coverup.

(DEAR GOD READ THE NEWSPAPER)[/quote]

lumpy,

What did Hastert know and when?

JeffR

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
The fight is NOT with the Islamofascist. The fight is between the moderates and the extremists. Bush isn’t fighting the muslim-extremists. He’s fighting the moderates at home and fueling the extremists abroad. He’s making it hard for the Islam-moderates to be heard.[/quote]

Look at the paragraph above and ask yourself if you are turning tail from a difficult decision between bad and worse and pretending that there isn’t a problem. Are you blaming Bush for having to make the decision in the first place?

Islamofascist terrorists blew up WTC and got a good chunk of our military headquarters here in America. They are the enemy of everything that is good and right with being a liberal. You want to run away from them and pretend that they will go away. Why don’t we just lay down the welcome mat for our new Islamic overlords while we are at it? You know, wouldn’t want to ruffle any feathers there.

Pussy. No wonder we are getting beat by a fucking monkey.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
What is needed is a hard look, something you seem to advocate. Kerry was an awful candidate, and Democrats could have put up anyone. The party itself stands for practically nothing.
[/quote]
Well, I wouldn’t say we don’t stand for anything, we just don’t have leaders that convey the message. At all. Since Clinton left, it has all been about demonizing the Republicans, and that is retarded. You guys fuck up just fine all on your own, you don’t need any help from us.

You are right about me. I want to huddle up here and try to get our guys to shut the fuck up about how Bush is like Hitler and try to figure out what WE are like. What are WE doing here? Where do WE stand on the issues?

I’m so very tired of all the bullshit and the whining. We need a game plan that doesn’t involve punting on every play and pointing at how the republicans carry the ball wrong when we can’t even run one single offensive play.

Is there a single solitary liberal politician who has a FEASIBLE, SELLABLE idea for the looming health care crunch? Is there any one of us who can stop shouting about how Bush sucks for five seconds to come up with some fresh ideas for dealing with immigration issues?

The closest I got to an idea from any of the posters here at T-Nation was from JTF in another thread when he said we could take half of the military budget and spend it on alternate energy research so then we could be driving around flying cars using cellphone batteries.

Yeah.

But I think that was hyperbole, and not him being serious, though. :slight_smile: