T Nation

Liberal Joke

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, and was very much in favor of the distribution of wealth.

She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.

One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes for the rich and the addition of more government welfare programs. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father. He responded by asking how she was doing in school.

Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was
taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew.

She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, "How is you friend Audrey doing?"

She replied, "Audrey is barely getting by, college for her is a blast. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies, and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus, she's always invited to all the parties, and lots of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over."

Her wise father asked his daughter, "Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have 3.0 GPAs and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPAs."

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, "That wouldn't be fair! I have worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!"

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

Where have you been Randman? I haven;t seen you since the Patriots started sucking major ass. Your not ashamed or anything, are you?

Do people still actively promote "distribution of wealth" these days?

It sounds like an old and failed viewpoint.

Aren't all liberals a joke?

Work and life in general has been keeping me pretty occupied. Its funny how it did seem to coincide with the Patriots earlier fall, eh?

However, they will still win their division and they have some of their players back healthy and did you see the ass whooping they put on the bucanneers last weekend? 28 to nothing against a good team.

There is still hope in the post season. I would love nothing more for the Patriots to upset all of the analysts predictions once again by beating the Colts in the playoffs this year.

Well, if you are referring to equal distribution among people, then yes, this is and old and failed view point. However, any time you talk about taxing the rich some more to raise more money for government programs, that still equals "distribution of wealth" in my book.

Should I pay disproportionately more taxes than someone who makes half what I make? Sure. Do I think I'm being taxed enough as it is? Definitely.

Okay, I'm going to pretend I'm an actual politician for a moment...

Randman is against military spending and providing the troops with what they need!!!

LOL, sorry man. I think I pay too much tax also, but that doesn't mean I think all government programs need to be dismantled.

Agreed.

Sorry, I won't bite this one. Even I have limits to how low I'll go. This "parable" has an intellectual level so beneath anything, it's even beneath contempt...

(06-28) [2004] 19:03 PDT SAN FRANCISCO (AP) --

"Many of you are well enough off that ... the tax cuts may have helped you," Sen. Clinton said. "We're saying that for America to get back on track, we're probably going to cut that short and not give it to you. We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."

Hillary Clinton

"hspder wrote:
Sorry, I won't bite this one. Even I have limits to how low I'll go. This "parable" has an intellectual level so beneath anything, it's even beneath contempt..."

Translation: Truth hurts.

Good post, Randman.

JeffR

I pay more taxes than anyone I went to college with but cutting taxes while we are borrowing to put Iran in control of Iraq does not make any sense to me.

Oh puhleeeeeeeze.

Or she could have daddy send her to an Ivy league school, party her ass off, and still be president.

Ouch.

"testy1 wrote:
Or she could have daddy send her to an Ivy league school, party her ass off, and still be president."

That's so fun!!!

You must live in a world of very strange colors. I say RED!!! You say "indigo."

Anyway, in order for your little theory to work: George H.W. Bush would have had to have been the wealthiest man in the history of the world. He would also have had to have been one inconsiderate bastard!!!

Let's do it: George H.W. Bush buys W. into two Ivy league schools, pays his way out of Vietnam, buys him into oil, doesn't bail him out of his oil blunders, buys him into baseball, doesn't buy his way out of his baseball blunders, doesn't pay for his first failed attempt at politics, buys his way into the Governership, buys his re-election to Texas Governor, buys every vote for the 2000-2004 campaign.

Your soundbite was awesome!!! Next time do a little thinking!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

JeffR

Q: How many Bush Administration officials does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; it's conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effect. Why do you hate freedom?

In fact, if you allow us into all of your homes to install "light monitors", we will make sure your lights never go out.

"Marmadogg wrote:
I pay more taxes than anyone I went to college with but cutting taxes while we are borrowing to put Iran in control of Iraq does not make any sense to me."

I love you marm!!! May I borrow some money from your vast stores?

The check for voting for George W. Bush (twice) hasn't cleared.

Thanks,

JeffR

Explain your post, please:

HW DID buy W into Yale and Harvard.

DID call in favors to get him out of service in Vietnam.

DID buy him into the oil business.

DID buy his way out of trouble in the oil business. (Look into a company called Harken.)

Did buy him into baseball. (At least, the name H.W. passed along helped.)

And, of course, we're all sure Daddy didn't make ANY calls to raise money for his mongoloid son so he could be gub'ner and prez'dent.

Christ, man...if Bush was raping one of your lovd ones, you'd be complimenting him on his forceful hip thrusts.

Any proof (or at least evidence)of any of this, or are you just talking out your ass again?