T Nation

Libby Gets Prison Sentence

Well, Libby has been sentenced.

30 months, $250000, and 2 years probation. Basically, for the obstruction aspect of things.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Well, Libby has been sentenced.

30 months, $250000, and 2 years probation. Basically, for the obstruction aspect of things.[/quote]

So obstruction matters again? Good to see it taken seriously, this time.

libby’s sentence isn’t even a slap on the wrist. it is more like ‘active encouragement’ for politicians and their minions to do whatever the hell they please. sigh…

Libby’s whole problem is that he didn’t call and find out what are “acceptable lies.”

Remember when it was OK for the person on the stand to decide for himself what truths to tell?

Libby shouldn’t be punished!!! It was obvious that Fitzgerald was overzealous. Therefore, Libby was perfectly justified in whatever he chose to say.

Hey, sexual predatory behavior, suborning perjury from staff members, and using state/federal funds, to petition unwilling/willing participants, and perjuring yourself is ok.

Why don’t you just leave the guy alone?!?

Signed,

billy “ambassador to the world” clinton and his minions.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
Libby’s whole problem is that he didn’t call and find out what are “acceptable lies.”

Remember when it was OK for the person on the stand to decide for himself what truths to tell?

Libby shouldn’t be punished!!! It was obvious that Fitzgerald was overzealous. Therefore, Libby was perfectly justified in whatever he chose to say.

Hey, sexual predatory behavior, suborning perjury from staff members, and using state/federal funds, to petition unwilling/willing participants, and perjuring yourself is ok.

Why don’t you just leave the guy alone?!?

Signed,

billy “ambassador to the world” clinton and his minions.[/quote]

LOL. Yes, we know you think ills of the right are excusable due to ills of the left… but we also know you are an idiot.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
Libby’s whole problem is that he didn’t call and find out what are “acceptable lies.”

Remember when it was OK for the person on the stand to decide for himself what truths to tell?

Libby shouldn’t be punished!!! It was obvious that Fitzgerald was overzealous. Therefore, Libby was perfectly justified in whatever he chose to say.

Hey, sexual predatory behavior, suborning perjury from staff members, and using state/federal funds, to petition unwilling/willing participants, and perjuring yourself is ok.

Why don’t you just leave the guy alone?!?

Signed,

billy “ambassador to the world” clinton and his minions.[/quote]

Oh, don’t get me wrong, they both should have done prison time. That is, Clinton and Libby.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
JeffR wrote:
Libby’s whole problem is that he didn’t call and find out what are “acceptable lies.”

Remember when it was OK for the person on the stand to decide for himself what truths to tell?

Libby shouldn’t be punished!!! It was obvious that Fitzgerald was overzealous. Therefore, Libby was perfectly justified in whatever he chose to say.

Hey, sexual predatory behavior, suborning perjury from staff members, and using state/federal funds, to petition unwilling/willing participants, and perjuring yourself is ok.

Why don’t you just leave the guy alone?!?

Signed,

billy “ambassador to the world” clinton and his minions.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, they both should have done prison time. That is, Clinton and Libby.
[/quote]

I agree 100%

I’m just pointing out the hypocrisy.

JeffR

[quote]florianopolis wrote:
libby’s sentence isn’t even a slap on the wrist. it is more like ‘active encouragement’ for politicians and their minions to do whatever the hell they please. sigh…
[/quote]

2.5 years in jail and a quarter million fine is less than a slap on the wrist? What am I missing?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
2.5 years in jail and a quarter million fine is less than a slap on the wrist? What am I missing?[/quote]

Zap, I’m a bit confused too, the pundits are saying the judge threw the book at him.

I think a slap on the wrist, for a conviction, would have been some type of token jail term.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
2.5 years in jail and a quarter million fine is less than a slap on the wrist? What am I missing?

Zap, I’m a bit confused too, the pundits are saying the judge threw the book at him.

I think a slap on the wrist, for a conviction, would have been some type of token jail term.[/quote]

I think think it will be reduced at some point. Violent felons often do less time.