Liar, Liar!!

How about…
Taking up rowing/crew…
while taking up gymnastics…
while practicing 5 forms of martial arts…
while doing one-handed handstand push-ups…
while powerlifting at the elite level…
while breaking the world record for burpees in a minute…
while walking on varsity football at USC after never having played football before…
while preparing for a career in the Special Forces.

And I’m sure I forgot a few.

We’ve got some very special people here at T-Nation.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Guess I’ll hijack this thread.

when doing A2G squats, does anyone feel their tendons/ligaments sliding on the outside of their knee?

It doesn’t hurt, but it sure doesn’t leave a good feeling (almost like nails on a chalk board).

I get the same feeling in my elbows when doing seated OH DB triceps. I love that exercise but dont’ do it much because of the weird feeling.[/quote]

I’m not sure if it’s quite the same thing you get, but I do notice that there’s a lot of stress put on my hips when I go A2G. Sometimes, when I go heavy (for myself,) it does sort of feel like they’re getting a wicked stretch. What you’re describing sounds similar to what happens to me, but I can’t say for sure.

Do you really have to go A2G all the time?

I mean, I do it myself…but I’ve seen some guys with good legs go parallel or even less than parallel. I’ve asked them if they do other things for legs outside the norm and they say no.

Aren’t you still getting a good workout on your legs? Maybe I’m just letting my ego get to me here in the late hours but sob…sometimes I think it would be alright if on a couple of leg workouts I loaded the bar up and didn’t go A2G.

I go fully a2g 150kg for 8 back and 110 for 8 front !

look up dan john fitcast
shows how to do all lifts properly and how to fix your squat !

he is an unreal trainer wish i lived near his gym !

Also next time your doing a2g squats… pause at the bottom for 2 seconds… wake up next day and it freaking HURTS to walk !

[quote]anonym wrote:
Makavali wrote:
Me fail English? That’s unpossible.

Spaceballs and The Simpsons?

I had you New Zealanders pegged as knockoff Aussies, but damn it, you get some pretty decent TV over there.[/quote]

We’re usually only a week behind you lot.

And I download most of my TV shows illegally.

[quote]Sir wrote:

I mean, I do it myself…but I’ve seen some guys with good legs go parallel or even less than parallel. I’ve asked them if they do other things for legs outside the norm and they say no.

Aren’t you still getting a good workout on your legs? Maybe I’m just letting my ego get to me here in the late hours but sob…sometimes I think it would be alright if on a couple of leg workouts I loaded the bar up and didn’t go A2G.[/quote]

Yeah, I actually don’t always do A2G. I rotate them with box squats and other compound or oly lifts every two weeks or so. Makes shit sore all the time.

[quote]Sir wrote:

Aren’t you still getting a good workout on your legs? Maybe I’m just letting my ego get to me here in the late hours but sob…sometimes I think it would be alright if on a couple of leg workouts I loaded the bar up and didn’t go A2G.[/quote]

If I did quarter squats 2 times a week for 10 years and worked my way up to 600x20, my legs would be bigger than anyones who have posted so far.

You can stimulate muscle growth without perfect form. Look at some of the pro bodybuilders training dvd’s.

BTW, I never ATG squat and I got some thick legs. Infact all I do for my legs is squat and deadlift really. Usually only 1 set for each.

Strength gain + weight gain + time spent doing these things = growth. No matter how bad your form is on the exercise.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
JamFly wrote:
That’s why people should put up some kind of picture in their profile.

That’s a great idea.

[/quote]

Yeah see my pic!

Actually thats my youngest and the crap I have to put up with everyday, there is a sister to.

That’s what I thought, but my damn training partner always argues me out of it. Gonna tell him to go to hell next time.

I doubt it would take even half that long, and thank you for the idea. The last time I did quarter squats off the pins my quads were sore for days.

Whoever thinks quarter squats are “easy” should try them with 120% of 1RM for high reps and a dead stop at the bottom.

Oh dear god, no. No. I think I saw a vein on my shoulder the other day, but that’s probably just because I spend most of my time indoors and my skin tone closely resembles that of Casper the Friendly Aryan Ghost. Either that or it was a piece of pasta.

Not a chance in hell. In 10 years, maybe.

Advanced Unreal Tournament Studies. I actually only have a BA.

This is someone else’s In ‘n’ Out, I swear.

Barrel chest, kinda. 20’ arms…probably about another 4-5 inches to go.

335x5 off a box last squat day, so yeah, I could probably do it for a few reps with belt and wraps. In another six weeks or so it’ll probably be a warmup weight.

Nope. I wish. Soon. If my shoulder cooperates. Frankly at the moment I’m more concerned with my overhead press.

No comment.

Only because I can’t afford steroids.

…with torches and pitchforks?

Listen, she was dead when I got there, alright?

Pretty sure posting this counts.

lol

See? We’re not all full of shit.

Speaking of pullups, this pregnant woman puts me (and probably most of you) to shame:

http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/sakamoto-pull-ups.wmv

[quote]Kaylak wrote:
Speaking of pullups, this pregnant woman puts me (and probably most of you) to shame:

http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/sakamoto-pull-ups.wmv

[/quote]

I wish I could learn that form.

Even tho most people would probably laugh at me for cheating that much it would still be cool to say I did 20 chins, but I used leg drive.

that…is…hilarious

Not gonna talk shit, because I’m sure that has its purpose, but;

What does that even do? I’m all for body english during a set, but it seems like that would do precious little for your lats or anything else. Do they use it to build coordination for Oly lifting?

[quote]LUEshi wrote:
Not gonna talk shit, because I’m sure that has its purpose, but;

What does that even do? I’m all for body english during a set, but it seems like that would do precious little for your lats or anything else. Do they use it to build coordination for Oly lifting?[/quote]

The argument I understand best is that it allows you to do more work in less time (compared to normal pullups). The o-lifting thing does crop up

other explanations here: www.crossfit.com/cf-info/faq.html#Exercises13

actually that form on a pull-up is called a “Kip” we used to be able to do those for the PFT(Physical Fitness Test) In the Marine Corps until they adopted the Dead Hang method in 1998 (I think) most of us could to 20+ with out any effort. It does take some time to master though.

[quote]yogaroots wrote:
I love T-Nation but if you went by nothing but the posts on here and the critiques people have on each other you’d HAVE to assume the following:

EVERYONE IS RIPPED
HAS WON A BB CONTEST
HAS A PHD IN SOMETHING
NEVER CHEATS ON THEIR DIET,EVER
HAS 20’ ARMS AND A BARREL CHEST
SQUATS OVER 350 FOR REPS
BENCHES OVER 315 FOR REPS
DOES MEGA CARDIO ALL THE TIME
IS CLEAN AND ALL NATURAL
HAS WOMEN CHASING THEM, RIGHT NOW
NEVER,EVER MADE A MISTAKE
CAN DO 20 PULL-UPS NON-STOP

I know it’s the net, but get real folks. Liar, Liar![/quote]

Yeah, I squat over 350 for reps. 2 reps. Ha!
I don’t count that in my mind as “for reps.” If you’re doing
something for “for reps” it’s gotta be at the very least 6 reps.
You either max, get a double, get a triple, or get a 5RM. No. No one ever gets just 4 reps. You either cheated on one of the reps and it’s your 3RM or it was your 5RM and you didn’t try hard enough. I remember a weenie friend of mine told me he was doing 200lbs on bench for reps. I asked him how many and he said 2. There’s a world of difference between 8 clean reps and doing an invisible 5-board press for 2 reps, pal.

I can do 20 pull-ups non-stop.

I wish I could bench 315 for 1 measly rep. I can do it for a ton of reps on a Hammer-Strength Bench. Does that count? [Of course not]

I’ve made a ton of mistakes. I’m still making them. But I think I’ve been able to acknowledge most of the mistakes I’ve made pretty quickly. Of course, I don’t know what mistakes I’m making right now.

Honestly, I think people re MORE honest in this forum than they are in the real world. Maybe it’s just the kind of people this site attracts: dedicated athletes who don’t see any point in lying about there numbers.

I plan to post some pictures once I’m around 195lbs, but until then I understand that there’s really no point. Course, maybe by the time I’m 195 I won’t see any point in posting pics either. When I was 160ish I thought I’d post pictures of me when I got to 185. Now I’m at 185 and I don’t see a point. But, hey, It’s not like I’m tellin you I’m 215 with veins on my lower abs.

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
yogaroots wrote:
I love T-Nation but if you went by nothing but the posts on here and the critiques people have on each other you’d HAVE to assume the following:

EVERYONE IS RIPPED
HAS WON A BB CONTEST
HAS A PHD IN SOMETHING
NEVER CHEATS ON THEIR DIET,EVER
HAS 20’ ARMS AND A BARREL CHEST
SQUATS OVER 350 FOR REPS
BENCHES OVER 315 FOR REPS
DOES MEGA CARDIO ALL THE TIME
IS CLEAN AND ALL NATURAL
HAS WOMEN CHASING THEM, RIGHT NOW
NEVER,EVER MADE A MISTAKE
CAN DO 20 PULL-UPS NON-STOP

I know it’s the net, but get real folks. Liar, Liar!

Yeah, I squat over 350 for reps. 2 reps. Ha!
I don’t count that in my mind as “for reps.” If you’re doing
something for “for reps” it’s gotta be at the very least 6 reps.

You either max, get a double, get a triple, or get a 5RM. No. No one ever gets just 4 reps. You either cheated on one of the reps and it’s your 3RM or it was your 5RM and you didn’t try hard enough.

I remember a weenie friend of mine told me he was doing 200lbs on bench for reps. I asked him how many and he said 2. There’s a world of difference between 8 clean reps and doing an invisible 5-board press for 2 reps, pal.

I can do 20 pull-ups non-stop.

I wish I could bench 315 for 1 measly rep. I can do it for a ton of reps on a Hammer-Strength Bench. Does that count? [Of course not]

I’ve made a ton of mistakes. I’m still making them. But I think I’ve been able to acknowledge most of the mistakes I’ve made pretty quickly. Of course, I don’t know what mistakes I’m making right now.

Honestly, I think people re MORE honest in this forum than they are in the real world. Maybe it’s just the kind of people this site attracts: dedicated athletes who don’t see any point in lying about there numbers.

I plan to post some pictures once I’m around 195lbs, but until then I understand that there’s really no point. Course, maybe by the time I’m 195 I won’t see any point in posting pics either.

When I was 160ish I thought I’d post pictures of me when I got to 185. Now I’m at 185 and I don’t see a point. But, hey, It’s not like I’m tellin you I’m 215 with veins on my lower abs. [/quote]

Interesting you think people are more honest in an online forum than in real life. Not saying your wrong but seems people “hide” behind their computer because there’s no accountability or burden of proof.

I think it depends. People are more likely to tell you things about themselves because of the anonymity then they would IRL.

The people who lie about their stats are immature and most likely not looked highly upon IRL. They have inferiority complexes.

People like that exist on the internet and RL.

To you they’ll say they’re 215, 6%bf, can rep 355, but lost their camera on a cruise to the Bahama’s with five beautiful women whom he slept with at the same time.

To someone IRL he’ll lie about knowing someone famous or lie about achieving something he only dreams of doing.