Liar, Liar!!

I love T-Nation but if you went by nothing but the posts on here and the critiques people have on each other you’d HAVE to assume the following:

EVERYONE IS RIPPED
HAS WON A BB CONTEST
HAS A PHD IN SOMETHING
NEVER CHEATS ON THEIR DIET,EVER
HAS 20’ ARMS AND A BARREL CHEST
SQUATS OVER 350 FOR REPS
BENCHES OVER 315 FOR REPS
DOES MEGA CARDIO ALL THE TIME
IS CLEAN AND ALL NATURAL
HAS WOMEN CHASING THEM, RIGHT NOW
NEVER,EVER MADE A MISTAKE
CAN DO 20 PULL-UPS NON-STOP

I know it’s the net, but get real folks. Liar, Liar!

Well…I’d say your right…but is this the result of your old RMP thread where everyone was unimpressed.

I will am and do twice what you list mentioned btw.

the internet: where everyone is a pro and a genius

Internet lifters

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Well…I’d say your right…but is this the result of your old RMP thread where everyone was unimpressed.

I will am and do twice what you list mentioned btw.[/quote]

proving my point

lol! LIAR LIAR! I am right there with ya!

Joe

Man you need to bulk…

That’s why people should put up some kind of picture in their profile.

I think you have the folks who have YET to achieve their goals, who offer decent criticism, while not having the attitude of “I already look amazing”, and then you have the idiots who fail to give credit to smaller increments of achievements.

The guy I train with has been at it a lot fewer years than I have. He hasn’t even begun to tap his potential. BUT I still value his criticisms on my own progress. I think there’s a fine line, especially with the internet anonymity factor. Maybe the mods can set up some way to only allow people with their own photos as their avatars to enter the RMP section. It’d certainly cut down 90% of the bullshit.

S

[quote]yogaroots wrote:
GetSwole wrote:

I will am and do twice what you list mentioned btw.

proving my point [/quote]

Maybe you need to get your sarcasm detector repaired.

[quote]JamFly wrote:
That’s why people should put up some kind of picture in their profile.[/quote]

That’s a great idea.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
JamFly wrote:

That’s a great idea.

[/quote]

Of course it is - it was put forth by Jesus.

…is that who’s in the picture?

I’m still a beginner.

[quote]yogaroots wrote:
I love T-Nation but if you went by nothing but the posts on here and the critiques people have on each other you’d HAVE to assume the following:

EVERYONE IS RIPPED
HAS WON A BB CONTEST
HAS A PHD IN SOMETHING
NEVER CHEATS ON THEIR DIET,EVER
HAS 20’ ARMS AND A BARREL CHEST
SQUATS OVER 350 FOR REPS
BENCHES OVER 315 FOR REPS
DOES MEGA CARDIO ALL THE TIME
IS CLEAN AND ALL NATURAL
HAS WOMEN CHASING THEM, RIGHT NOW
NEVER,EVER MADE A MISTAKE
CAN DO 20 PULL-UPS NON-STOP

I know it’s the net, but get real folks. Liar, Liar![/quote]

Hey, I never said I have never made a mistake. Keep it straight!

D

[quote]yogaroots wrote:
EVERYONE IS RIPPED[/quote]

Far from it. I’m bulking.

I don’t plan on competing. Getting big? Yes. Prancing around on a stage full of steroid abusing freaks in thongs? Maybe not.

I’m far too stupid for a PhD

Do planned cheats count? Because that’s not really cheating to me. If not, then no I don’t cheat.

Working on it.

Working on that, too.

Getting there.

Cardio is for chumps.

I am.

I’d like to think so, and I would but for my personality.

Of corse not. Me fail English? That’s unpossible.

That’s not that impressive. Unless you mean weighted.

[quote]Natural Nate wrote:
Professor X wrote:
JamFly wrote:

That’s a great idea.

Of course it is - it was put forth by Jesus.

…is that who’s in the picture?[/quote]

You got the wrong guy, I am the one in the water drowning ;o)

I’d love to see the ass to grass squats everyone keeps talking about. I have seen one person in my gym come close to ass to grass, and the weight was 295lb.

I’ve seen plenty of people load up anywhere from 245 to 335 and start doing it for “reps”.

ohhh… and apparently my belt squats the weight for me.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Me fail English? That’s unpossible.[/quote]

Spaceballs and The Simpsons?

I had you New Zealanders pegged as knockoff Aussies, but damn it, you get some pretty decent TV over there.

[quote]MikiB wrote:
I’d love to see the ass to grass squats everyone keeps talking about. I have seen one person in my gym come close to ass to grass, and the weight was 295lb.

I’ve seen plenty of people load up anywhere from 245 to 335 and start doing it for “reps”.

ohhh… and apparently my belt squats the weight for me.[/quote]

It’s incredible the kind of looks you get when you go A2G. Most people realize the looks you get just from doing squats, but back in my college gym I’d be doing A2G with something fairly light when I first started (about 245ish,) and guys were just staring at me from their flat-benches like I was some sort of freak or idiot. I mean, training legs is for chumps afterall.

Guess I’ll hijack this thread.

when doing A2G squats, does anyone feel their tendons/ligaments sliding on the outside of their knee?

It doesn’t hurt, but it sure doesn’t leave a good feeling (almost like nails on a chalk board).

I get the same feeling in my elbows when doing seated OH DB triceps. I love that exercise but dont’ do it much because of the weird feeling.