Liao Hui . . . DQed?

[quote]ninearms wrote:
IWF banned list updated today. Of interest:

Gevorik Poghosyan ARM 16-04-2015
Liao Hui CHN 30-09-2014
Alexandru Rosu ROU 14-04-2015

[/quote]

So does this mean that they can come back in 2014-2015? how does that work?

Oh yeah I forgot that he got caught at the same comp.

He can come back because he is only banned until 2014.

[quote]ninearms wrote:

[quote]lesfayes wrote:
I think he keeps the records. Boevski and Markov also got banned and kept their records.[/quote]

The difference is Liao Hui set those records at the same comp he got caught at, so his results from that comp are voided. Boevski and Markov didn’t get banned until 2003, and their records were set in 1999 and 2000 respectively.

Jonty: yes, I train with Koing now.
[/quote]

Indeed it is weird he gets to keep his records when he got busted?!

Jonty, yes Ninearms has been with me since May/June :slight_smile:

Next years Masters is his goal :slight_smile:

Koing

Just read that Liao Hui is not happy about his ban and will go to court to prove his innocence.

[quote]lesfayes wrote:
Just read that Liao Hui is not happy about his ban and will go to court to prove his innocence.[/quote]

Interesting. I feel like most of the time, someone gets caught doping in weightlifting, it’s “oh, well, guess I screwed up the cycle, I’ll see you in a couple years.” Although I suppose with China if he’s out for a couple years there will be others to step into his place.

Also, not sure what going to court could gain him. If I’m not mistaken, there is an appeals process for doping infractions, there should have been both an A and a B sample (I’m assuming at this point both of which were tested and came back positive), and if all of that has failed him, what now?

I’m curious where you saw this though.

My dad read it in the chinese news online and told me afterwards. I looked it up and found a video from CCTV 5.

I also found this somewhere on facebook: http://bit.ly/vkV5oQ

“Liao, the 69kg class champion in the 2008 Olympic Games, was tested positive for the banned drug boldebolin in an out-of-competition check on September 2, 2010.”

Miculescu is suspended for life?

[quote]RomanianRock wrote:
Miculescu is suspended for life?
[/quote]

2nd time he’s been caught = life ban.

I think there’s something odd about Liao testing positive for Boldebolin only a few weeks from a major comp, given that it can show up in blood months after a person stops taking it. Why would a tested athlete use it, given there are better options?

[quote]ninearms wrote:
Why would a tested athlete use it, given there are better options?[/quote]

Well, when you are competing in a sport with weight classes, among other things, I imagine that you need to choose your juice carefully. Moreover, mild AAS usually also has mild side effects.

doped up and now hes out. imo he was way too jacked for his weight class… dont most of these guys juice something.

i think they keep the records but lose the medal?

[quote]phatphit wrote:
i think they keep the records but lose the medal?[/quote]

His records have been taken away. There are other cases where an athlete banned for life still holds a world record (Alan Tsagaev comes to mind) but in those cases the world record was set before the positive drug test.