Levrone is Back!

Day one of his transformation. Not bad for not training in 4 years.

I wonder if there is a bit of a qualification in there: he says he hasn’t worked out with a “free weight” in 4 years.

That would leave open that he might have done a little bit of machine stuff every now and then.

So this might not be absolutely total detraining.

Of course, it is very heavily detrained relative to where he was.

Should be interesting to watch, if you check out his video interview on his youtube page it answers quite a few questions.

That guy interviewing him also posts over at promuscle and they covered in depth his “approach” for growing into a contest a while back.

I just checked out his blog and just saw that he plans on doing this transformation without steroids. Even with his genetics and muscle memory I have doubts of him reaching his 5 lbs of muscle/week goal without AAS.

Cool stuff though

Yeah, his arms looked pretty good for not training in four years. You’d think he would be doing something. Either way, I think documenting his transformation is cool. He also seems to be pretty open and honest about what supplaments he is(or is not) using and he has already said he is re-gaining with muscle memory and has superior genetics so if he is going to sell something I don’t think this is a deceptive, BS, before and after snow job just to trick consumers. He seems cool and genuine.

[quote]thebigbus wrote:
I honestly have no idea how he never won the Mr. O. Truly Awesome physique. [/quote]

x1000 he is absolutely the uncrowned Mr. O

Lets keep putting the vids in this thread. Should be the greatest transformation in recent times.

Very interesting. On his blog, he says his first workout back was 25% of what he used to do as far as intensity and duration. Looked like a normal workout to me. Lol. His blog also says he’s going to do it naturally. 5lbs per week (muscle) is a lot, even with muscle memory…the guys is obviously gifted though so we’ll see. Good guy, great bodybuilder.

What I don’t get is that he wrote in his blog that he benched 315 on his last set for 4 reps. Then he claims that 315 is his 1rm as seen in the video. I’m guessing thats a typo. I would love to see him package all this footage onto a DVD to track his transformation. Natural or not, its damn impressive to see it happen.

What I was wondering, does muscle memory also work for the quantity of muscle achieved with steriods?

[quote]elusive wrote:
What I don’t get is that he wrote in his blog that he benched 315 on his last set for 4 reps. Then he claims that 315 is his 1rm as seen in the video. I’m guessing thats a typo. I would love to see him package all this footage onto a DVD to track his transformation. Natural or not, its damn impressive to see it happen.[/quote]

he did the video with the 1rm bench before his actual workout, so he probably wasnt going all out, and wasnt warmed up

Looks like this will be a good one to follow!!

[quote]Tatsu wrote:
What I was wondering, does muscle memory also work for the quantity of muscle achieved with steriods?[/quote]

There was a study on how long after steroid use they actually were still beneficial and it’s roughly 10 years after stopping them. You have more testosterone receptors making you more sensitive to your own testosterone.

But then again to what extent in percentages? I have no idea.

I am off steroids for more than 6 months and am cutting naturally for summer. Don’t want that puffy look to myself and anyways it wouldn’t benefit me as I am too fat at the moment. Cardio and diet is the best.

Steroids are not necessary.

funmetal

FUCK YES! The Maryland Muscle Machine is coming back! I wonder if he’s going to claim to be doing it ala naturale like Wheeler. As soon as all that mass is packed back on, I have a feeling Levrone is going to hit the stage again.

Whoa, what happened to his voice?

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
FUCK YES! The Maryland Muscle Machine is coming back! I wonder if he’s going to claim to be doing it ala naturale like Wheeler. As soon as all that mass is packed back on, I have a feeling Levrone is going to hit the stage again. [/quote]

He said he;s doing it natural.

This was posted on GB:

hey guys just wanna clear up a few things. im one of kevins buisness partners along with doubler1964. i was the one spotting him on the bench. he has NOT trained in the past 4 years. he was eating 1 or 2 meals a day sometimes 3. like a normal person. he was not i a comma but…he has not touched a wt at all till monday. so yes 315 its pretty crazy. he had done a 475 at 185 lb when he first started training. NATURAL!!! he comes from a powerlifting background. he is unusually strong in all areas. this is an expariment to see what happens with the genetic eliete which i dont think anyone is going to say he is not right? and tain clean, and eat only foods. no protein powders…nothing. i know some will not believe it. but its 100% true. he has no reason to lie and nothing to prove. ifbb hall of famer, and THE most winning bber in history. nobody has even come close to that! this is a way for him to push himself and he is filming an action movie this summer which allows for him to hold the extra weight.

ive said it before…doubler and i are proud to be part of this project…and everyone will see how far genetics and hard work will take them.

i wish i could put on 5lbs of muscle a week

hmm wierd that hes not taking protein powder :confused:

[quote]Game Time wrote:
This was posted on GB:

hey guys just wanna clear up a few things. im one of kevins buisness partners along with doubler1964. i was the one spotting him on the bench. he has NOT trained in the past 4 years. he was eating 1 or 2 meals a day sometimes 3. like a normal person. he was not i a comma but…he has not touched a wt at all till monday. so yes 315 its pretty crazy. he had done a 475 at 185 lb when he first started training. NATURAL!!! he comes from a powerlifting background. he is unusually strong in all areas. this is an expariment to see what happens with the genetic eliete which i dont think anyone is going to say he is not right? and tain clean, and eat only foods. no protein powders…nothing. i know some will not believe it. but its 100% true. he has no reason to lie and nothing to prove. ifbb hall of famer, and THE most winning bber in history. nobody has even come close to that! this is a way for him to push himself and he is filming an action movie this summer which allows for him to hold the extra weight.

ive said it before…doubler and i are proud to be part of this project…and everyone will see how far genetics and hard work will take them. [/quote]

you believe in santa too huh?