T Nation

Levrone Cutting

The advice given when cutting is to keep training as heavy as possible to keep as much muscle as possible while losing the fat.

I have noticed that big kevin Levrone is going in the opposite direction focussing on mostly supersets/giant set whatever u want to call them.

A example workout for Levrone looks like this:

SUPERSET FOUR ROTATIONS

DUMBELL CURLS 3 X 12
1 X 6

HAMMER CURL 3 X 12
1 X 6

EASY BAR CURL 3 X 13
1 X 6

TRICEP PUSHDOWN 3 X 20
1 X 15

He said this type of training builds capillaries.It makes his veins stick out more or something along those lines.

Now obviously this has worked for Levrone.Does anybody else train this way when cutting or is he just a genetic freak who can get away with this type of training.

Cant say its steroids as he had a test done and he is clean.

Yeah, Kevin Levrone is one of the freakiest of Freaks, the guy dieted UP to contests, some of the stuff he does just cant be applied to us normal folks.

I would say since he was trying to cut very fast yes, that would be the most effective way. As for us mere mortals I would start out my approach with staying as heavy as possible and minimize rest periods and then as the fat becomes harder to drop, when you are in the single digits, I would switch to his way for the end bit.

any kind of training develops some sort of capillaries.

but i get what hes saying. its funny cuz i just posted a topic on high rep training for bodybuilding.

And now a message from the undisputed king of capillaries:

I don’t worry about any of that shit, I just bust my ass with lots of heavy iron.

BW, Muscular Development, August 2009

hahahaha