T Nation

Levin Blasts O'Reilly for Attacking Talk Radio

Mark Levin is my alltime favorite. If you don’t listen too him you should give him a try. You’ll be hooked.

I haven’t caught his show in a few weeks but thought this was funny. What’s even funnier that liberals think OReilly is a conservative. I even had to explain that he is middle of road at best.

Friday, September 26, 2008
By Pete Winn, Senior Writer/Editor

Conservative talk radio host Mark Levin. (Promotional photo)(CNSNews.com) - Conservative radio host Mark Levin fired back at Bill O�??Reilly Thursday evening after O�??Reilly delivered a blistering diatribe on his own radio program earlier in the day, attacking conservative talk radio hosts for opposing a $700 billion bailout for the financial industry and calling them �??idiots,�?? �??charlatans,�?? and �??right-wing liars.�??

�??What a buffoon,�?? Levin said of O�??Reilly, host of Fox News�?? "The O�??Reilly Factor.�??
�??He doesn�??t want to talk about socialism. He doesn�??t want to talk about the beginnings of this scandal. No. The same guy who claims to have led the boycott against France that forced France to do whatever France was supposed to do. What a joke. What a moron. He doesn�??t understand. He is Ted Baxter.�??

On his own program, O�??Reilly initially threw some bricks at conservative talk radio in general.

�??It gets me angry,�?? said O�??Reilly. �??I do talk radio and most talk radio is conservative-dominated ideologues; Kool-Aid drinking idiots. Idiots. Screaming at you that this is socialism, this is this, this is that. �??It�??s Clinton�??s fault.�?? It�??s Clinton�??s fault? He hasn�??t been in office in 8 years. It�??s Bush�??s fault! It happened under Bush�??s watch.�??

But then O�??Reilly�??s tirade seemed to aim at Rush Limbaugh�??without actually naming him.

�??But let�??s get back to this talk radio stuff,�?? said O�??Reilly. �??These idiots. I mean, they�??re misleading you. They�??re lying to you. They�??re rich, these guys. Big cigars. All of that. �??Yeah, oh yeah, my private jet!�?? And they�??re saying, �??Oh, no! No bail out!�?? Uh, uh, no way!

�??Hey! You�??re going to get it, not them!�?? O�??Reilly continued. �??That foreign investment pulls out, we are toast! And they�??ll pull out if this bailout doesn�??t happen. Are you getting the message here? Walk away from these liars, these right-wing liars. Walk away from them! They�??re not looking out for you.�??

On his show later Thursday, Levin responded to O�??Reilly by name in a �??take-no-prisoners�?? electronic version of the shootout at the OK Corral.

Levin started by noting the research he, Limbaugh and Sean Hannity do for their daily programs.

�??If you�??re going to be an intelligent observer and commentator, whether on radio or TV, you need to take the time to educate yourself, if you�??re not already educated, about all the issues that come before you each day,�?? said Levin. �??You need to take the time to research them, and you have to call them as you see them. This is what I do each and every day.

�??This is what Rush does each and every day. This is what Sean does each and every day. And so many other great talk show hosts,�?? said Levin.

�??And I�??m not talking to some of you backbenchers, and you know who I mean,�?? said Levin. �??These blowhards. You get arrogant, stupid people who get paid a lot of money to be on radio and TV to be arrogant and stupid. And one of them, one of them is on the Fox News Channel, my favorite cable channel. And he has a fledgling radio show that has no ratings, and he�??ll be off radio soon because he�??s a failure. It�??s the non-factor: Bill O�??Reilly.�??

Levin, who serves as president of the Landmark Legal Foundation when he is not on the air, described O�??Reilly, who graduated from Harvard�??s Kennedy School of Government, as being �??utterly unencumbered with information.�??

�??And he is no conservative,�?? said Levin. �??He�??s another mainstream, moron, phony journalist. That�??s what he is. And, oh, jealous like hell of Rush Limbaugh. Did you notice that? The cigar and the airplane? Let me tell you something else, jerk. You can�??t hold a candle to him.�??

CNSNews.com has placed an interview request with O�??Reilly�??s publicist, which has not been answered. Levin, meanwhile, declined to elaborate on his comments.

Levin is what O’Reilly tries to be. I don’t get to hear him much, but I was in the car when he was talking about O’Reilly.

Cavuto also handed O’Reilly his ass on his own show about the oil situation.

Levin is a true conservative and a jackhammer in his delivery.

He sounds very good. Thanks, I’ll check him out.

Levin’s a party hack who supports torture and has been an inveterate apologist for the Bush Administration. If that’s your definition of a “true conservative”…

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
Levin’s a dipshit who supports torture and has been an inveterate apologist for the Bush Administration. If that’s your definition of a “true conservative”…[/quote]

You sure you’ve listened to him? He’s certainly no dipshit and is certainly a conservative. Not sure I agree with him being a Bush appologist. I’ve heard him rail Bush on several occasions. Also not sure what your definition of torture is.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
Also not sure what your definition of torture is.[/quote]

Anything the US does to an Iraqi, Afghan, or potential AQ member.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
dhickey wrote:
Also not sure what your definition of torture is.

Anything the US does to an Iraqi, Afghan, or potential AQ member. [/quote]

No torture = no need to capture = a few less bullets and a few less Iraqis, Afgans, and AQ members.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:
Levin’s a dipshit who supports torture and has been an inveterate apologist for the Bush Administration. If that’s your definition of a “true conservative”…

You sure you’ve listened to him? He’s certainly no dipshit and is certainly a conservative. Not sure I agree with him being a Bush appologist. I’ve heard him rail Bush on several occasions. Also not sure what your definition of torture is.[/quote]

I’ve amended it to “party hack” because I’ve never met him and he could be a great guy. But anyone who supports torture (which I and pretty much any unbiased person would call waterboarding) I have a real hard time respecting.

I’ve never heard his show, but come across a lot of his columns and NRO posts over the years.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:

I’ve amended it to “party hack” because I’ve never met him and he could be a great guy. But anyone who supports torture (which I and pretty much any unbiased person would call waterboarding) I have a real hard time respecting.

I’ve never heard his show, but come across a lot of his columns and NRO posts over the years.[/quote]

Well, there we have it. Never listened to him and thinks waterboarding terrorists shouldn’t be used to save American lives. Gotcha.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:

I’ve amended it to “party hack” because I’ve never met him and he could be a great guy. But anyone who supports torture (which I and pretty much any unbiased person would call waterboarding) I have a real hard time respecting.

I’ve never heard his show, but come across a lot of his columns and NRO posts over the years.

Well, there we have it. Never listened to him and thinks waterboarding terrorists shouldn’t be used to save American lives. Gotcha.[/quote]

So many unwarranted assumptions in such two sentences. I´m impressed!