T Nation

Levels Checked. 18 Years Old

Hello everybody. I started lifting about 1 year ago. I was quite fat, lost all the weight and I have been trying to put on mass for a while. I am having difficulty putting on lean mass even with diet and training in check. I also noticed something was wrong, my sex drive isn’t high for someone my age, as in, i have the urge of fucking once or twice a week. I am also feeling pretty lethargic, and sometimes i feel in a bad mood for no reason. I looked it up and it seemed like it might have to do with test. I got my levels checked which are

Total test: 17,3 nmol/l
Free Test: 9,1 pg/ml

I am not very aware of test levels, but on the sheet I got I am practically on the lower end, doesn’t sound right.

Do you think I should go to a doctor and ask about TRT?

Also, I don’t know if this might have anything to do with test, but i’m not exactly very big in the department down there. And I have very wide hips and thighs, it’s the only part of the body where i store fat (i have a 6 pack and still quite a bit of fat there). My body hair is pretty normal. Maybe this info might help.

Thanks for your help, and compliments for the website, I have been following for a while and finally registered!

[quote]marj94 wrote:
Hello everybody. I started lifting about 1 year ago. I was quite fat, lost all the weight and I have been trying to put on mass for a while. I am having difficulty putting on lean mass even with diet and training in check. I also noticed something was wrong, my sex drive isn’t high for someone my age, as in, i have the urge of fucking once or twice a week. I am also feeling pretty lethargic, and sometimes i feel in a bad mood for no reason. I looked it up and it seemed like it might have to do with test. I got my levels checked which are

Total test: 17,3 nmol/l
Free Test: 9,1 pg/ml

I am not very aware of test levels, but on the sheet I got I am practically on the lower end, doesn’t sound right.

Do you think I should go to a doctor and ask about TRT?

Also, I don’t know if this might have anything to do with test, but i’m not exactly very big in the department down there. And I have very wide hips and thighs, it’s the only part of the body where i store fat (i have a 6 pack and still quite a bit of fat there). My body hair is pretty normal. Maybe this info might help.

Thanks for your help, and compliments for the website, I have been following for a while and finally registered![/quote]

Brother slow down on the TRT thought. Your test levels are not that bad, sure they could be higher but something else could be wrong that needs fixing.

I don’t know how often is normal to want sex since everyone is different.

You will need way more blood tests before even contemplating TRT. Read the stickies and post lab ranges also.

Educate yourself and put some time into your health. Research and read up before going to the doctors and asking for TRT, as they would probably not take you seriously.

TRT is a last resort, most of the guys on here would rather not have to resort to TRT to maintain healthy levels.