T Nation

Level 5's...I'm in Shock!

I understand its an interesting way to show if a Biotest customer is giving out advice about a product, you can easily see how knowledgeable they may be about it by the level they are at. But what I really want to know if who the heck has bought close to 95k in supplements over the years from Biotest? I clicked on the top buyers and it truly just baffles me. Professional athletes? business CEO’s? Who has this kind of money?

If that was over the last 10 years that equates to 26 dollars a day in supplements! Even if it was over 20 years thats 13 bucks a day! Thats counting every single day of the year too, not just training days or anything where that number would fluctuate. How could someone rack up a tab like this, especially before the Anaconda, MAG-10, SWF, FINiBAR, GPC combination workout nutrition?

Ok rant over, but if you had 13 dollars a day (can be above and below for training and non-training days, just has to even out) what would you have in your supplement cabinet?

you really had nothing better to do huh?

as a side note, most of those people run small gyms and buy stuff from here to resell or buy for a group of people…

Everything.

I’d have Surge pre workout, Surge post workout, Flameout, Alpha Male, Metabolic Drive Complete, Metabolic Drive low carb, Alpha GPC, Resveratrol, ZMA, Creatine.

Well to be honest, when I was bit younger I had an older account that was lost before they came up with the ‘Levels’ title below forum names, and I tried every product Biotest had to offer 3 times.

However, since College has concluded I no longer purchase products just for myself, but I think I fall in the Dave Tate category of definitely being a “supplement whore”.

At this point, there are far too many products I rely on to get me through the week in the healthiest manner possible.

I’m a level 4, but also buy for my wife, and a few clients who don’t purchase on their own.

I’m sure there are many Level 5s that do the same

Just get whey protein and creatine mono, problem solved. The rest depends on your diet and training goals.

i think i have spent over 20k…thats just on me but i pretty much live on the stuff. When you comparte the cost of 50 grams of Metabolic Drive with a few flameouts and a piece of fruit (a meal)…to a crap value meal at mcdonalds for the same money…it really starts to look less expensive.

interesting…i looked up my stats and they say only 1000 or so which is way off…hell it was at 15k years ago…the data must have gotten screwed up somewhere

Look on the bright side, if not for Biotest’s really cheap products, those numbers would be even higher!

Im not sure if anyone has brought this up before, but it seems rather obvious to me that Biotest creates accounts for the sponsered athletes/writes they have that way they can track what has been sent. My assumption would be the guys high up are ct, nate green, date tate. Werent they a sponser of ufc with the spike shooters?

You know I suppose it makes sense for people buying for multiple others and athletes and maybe even some of the Biotest employees but still, there has to be plenty of people on there by themselves spending ridiculous amounts of money too. I guess when I looked at the figures I was also considering when they said “individual” accounts they were not considering business accounts but I suppose some businesses never bothered to register as such.

Still I think the Fedex guy would hate me if I had anywhere near this much stuff coming to do my door continually and might stop being nice and putting it on my patio out of sight.

Edit: Did I post this in this section or did it get moved, it really confused me when I went searching for something else and stumbled across my post.

It probably got moved :stuck_out_tongue:

I was buying my Biotest stuff off a friend for basically the same price since I don’t have a credit card.

Might have to get one now unless I can find someone in Hamilton or Toronto that would sell it to me lol

It seems to me the level is based not on dollar expenditure but on number of orders.

I say this because while a Level 5, my total purchases comes out to something like $285. That being because if wanting a book or DVD, I don’t feel right about getting it free and thus stiffing the author, and so I place those as orders over the Internet and pay for them.

Every other order lists as being $0.00, so the grand total is just for the books and DVD’s.

But the total number of orders must be over 100 by now, being one per month for more than the last 9 years.

So I figure the level must be from the number of orders, not the dollar amount.

This also may be relevant to the thought of whether high dollar figures are accounts of sponsored athletes who get a ton of stuff. That wouldn’t be the case if their accounts are handled the same as mine: instead the orders would read $0.00, being given free.

levels are based on money spent, unless they changed it recently

Glad to hear from multiple different level’s on this, I was really curious how the system was setup relative to the way it is explained. Thanks for your responses everyone.

i thought is was total amount spent over your lifetime. I spent very little on supps other than the basics but 7 years adds up.

[quote]Oquendog wrote:
Well to be honest, when I was bit younger I had an older account that was lost before they came up with the ‘Levels’ title below forum names, and I tried every product Biotest had to offer 3 times.

However, since College has concluded I no longer purchase products just for myself, but I think I fall in the Dave Tate category of definitely being a “supplement whore”.

At this point, there are far too many products I rely on to get me through the week in the healthiest manner possible.[/quote]

This is the same for me as well. I remember when Classic Grow! went on sale for like 12.00$ a tub. A guy who owns a coffee shop here bought a shit load. I bought 10 myself. I wish I would’ve bought more, that was good shit.

[quote]MODOK wrote:
I think I’ve been downgraded to a level 4… like a hurricane.

Must have hit land.[/quote]

Haha. I went from a 3 to a 2. I think I’m only a tropical depression at this point, withering away to the cheers of frightened islanders. I was surprised at being a three because I haven’t bought much. I would like to, but I’ve never had the money. And as for my magical $13.00 a day. I’d buy hGH with it.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
It seems to me the level is based not on dollar expenditure but on number of orders.

I say this because while a Level 5, my total purchases comes out to something like $285. That being because if wanting a book or DVD, I don’t feel right about getting it free and thus stiffing the author, and so I place those as orders over the Internet and pay for them.

Every other order lists as being $0.00, so the grand total is just for the books and DVD’s.

But the total number of orders must be over 100 by now, being one per month for more than the last 9 years.

So I figure the level must be from the number of orders, not the dollar amount.

This also may be relevant to the thought of whether high dollar figures are accounts of sponsored athletes who get a ton of stuff. That wouldn’t be the case if their accounts are handled the same as mine: instead the orders would read $0.00, being given free.[/quote]

Bill,

I believe the Levels are based on how “much” you’ve paid from the Biotest store and rather than it reflect the aggregate purchases, it is based on your percentile compared to other members.

The way I understand it is, it’s the total amount you’ve spent over all, compared to what others have spent.

So if I got up to level 5, then a bunch of other people buy more than me, I’ll go back to level 4. It’s relative to what others are buying…I think.

I’m still surprised I’m listed as a level 3… Never thought I bought that much Biotest stuff to begin with…

After having a baby boy with the wife in July the budget has shrunk to almost nothing right now for supps. Trying to make do with what I have left & sell shit on eBay to make $ for more Surge lol.

(Goes to buy cases of tuna & frozen chicken breast in the meantime)