Leucine Minimum/Maximum Dosage to Trigger mTor?

Hi guys, like the title says, any opinion/evidence about leucine dosage to trigger mTor?
And how much time the “trigger” lasts? (for example: I take leucine after my workout and my meal is 4 hours after that)

I think it’s something like 3-5g. 5-10 is adequate for sure. The duration before the next trigger would probably be dependent on amino acid levels in the blood as a whole, and that would be affected by whatever else you consume with the leucine - if there is anything that makes digestion take longer for instance (presence of fat and fiber). I’d reckon other variables come into play as well, total muscle mass and leanness for instance. 2-3/3-4 hours are my ballpark guesses.

Why do you take your leucine at the end of the workout as opposed to as part of an intra-workout shake?

I think this would’ve been a great post at CTs sub-forum.

1 Like

Thank you for the wonderful response! I don’t take leucine post workout, it was an example :wink:, usually I only have carbs+protein pre-workout and nothing post. Keep in mind that I train at 3-4 PM, so my only post workout meal is dinner. (I’m following the warrior diet, dinner is my ONLY meal :joy:)