Leucine + Insulin

[quote]D Public wrote:
everyone on this site eats a high protein diet which also means they are eating a certain amount of fat…A certain level of carbs are also needed to perform glycogen dependent exercise like lifting weights…

there is only a couple variables we can change in our diets…switching fat for carbs is somewhat irrelevant at that point and vise versa…

i also know where that quote is from…Taub’s is wrong…he based his idea off of a false premise…the research he used to support his ideas were old studies that used self reported data…teh studies claimed obese and lean people ate the same amount of food…yet, we know now that obese people under report how much they eat and thin people over report…

watch that…yeah that is the truth…[/quote]

and I didn’t quote that from TAUBES. but you should actually read the book instead of making the same comment everyone makes while trying to discount that whole book. it’s an informative read, and i believe he does address the possibility of under or over reporting of data in his own book.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

[quote]toocul4u wrote:
“A calorie is the energy needed to raise the temperature of one kilogram of water one degree Celsius. Your body does not literally burn foods like a calorimeter. Different macronutrients (i.e., carbohydrate, fat, and protein) have different effects on hormones, which have different effects on fat storage, and provide different amounts of energy to the body in different ways.” [/quote]

It’s a gram, not a kilogram.

BBB[/quote]

yup my bad, thanks for the correction

[quote]toocul4u wrote:
and I didn’t quote that from TAUBES. but you should actually read the book instead of making the same comment everyone makes while trying to discount that whole book. it’s an informative read, and i believe he does address the possibility of under or over reporting of data in his own book.
[/quote]

i watched one of his seminars…i assume the information is similar, but I haven’t read his book…

4:50

i wnat to know your opinion on that though?

[quote]toocul4u wrote:
I guess I’m confused what you’re asking? in your example of eating 100 g CHO, you don’t see any way that altering that diet would affect any hormones?
[/quote]

my example is a baseline diet that i would need to add calories on top of to reach my caloric goal…Say i wanted to eat 3000 kcal…

say this is my baseline diet…

300g protein
100g fat
100g carbs

all of those amounts are fixed…the total kcal is 2500…I have 500 calories left…i could either add 55g of fat or 100g of carbs to reach my kcal goal…

I don’t think it would make a difference…I want to know how it will effect me?

[quote]D Public wrote:

[quote]toocul4u wrote:
I guess I’m confused what you’re asking? in your example of eating 100 g CHO, you don’t see any way that altering that diet would affect any hormones?
[/quote]

my example is a baseline diet that i would need to add calories on top of to reach my caloric goal…Say i wanted to eat 3000 kcal…

say this is my baseline diet…

300g protein
100g fat
100g carbs

all of those amounts are fixed…the total kcal is 2500…I have 500 calories left…i could either add 55g of fat or 100g of carbs to reach my kcal goal…

I don’t think it would make a difference…I want to know how it will effect me?
[/quote]

I think its a little simplistic of a scenario. I think it depends highly on the person (Their body comp, height, weight, insulin health). Some people I believe do much better with carbs then others, among other things that would influence the outcome.

I cant say pretty confidently though, if my goal with this diet is reduction in BF, then I believe I would be better off with the 500 calories in fats.

My logic for this would be, assuming that these are starchy carbs, low glycemic or not, they will cause rises in insulin, much more than the fats, therefore severely decreasing likelihood of entering ketosis.

This scenario is assuming you are not insulin resistant. If you are, then I would think it would be even more reason with going the 500 calories in the form of fats.