Leucine Fast

I posted this is another thread but got no responses so I’ll post it here though I hate starting new threads.

I’ve gained a ton of weight lately, and lets just say most of it is around my gut (as is typical of men).

Like many of you, when I eat, I like to EAT. Thats the way we are and thats why many people today are going through the IF phase successfully.

There are many different protocols out there, many of which require loads of supps to be taken during the fasting period to help preserve muscle and what not. Long story short, I’ve been spending a lot of money lately on school, bills and helping my parents out with bills since they are in a financial rut. Im running low on money currently.

I was thinking of doing a “pulse feast” type of diet, much like the one on this site, but pulsing with leucine instead of protein powder or BCAA’s. I’m shooting for 3 pulses of 5g during the day, with a big low carb meal at night. I would have a nice refeed once a week.

Anybody have thoughts on this? I’d greatly appreciate it.

[quote]forbes wrote:
I posted this is another thread but got no responses so I’ll post it here though I hate starting new threads.

I’ve gained a ton of weight lately, and lets just say most of it is around my gut (as is typical of men).

Like many of you, when I eat, I like to EAT. Thats the way we are and thats why many people today are going through the IF phase successfully.

There are many different protocols out there, many of which require loads of supps to be taken during the fasting period to help preserve muscle and what not. Long story short, I’ve been spending a lot of money lately on school, bills and helping my parents out with bills since they are in a financial rut. Im running low on money currently.

I was thinking of doing a “pulse feast” type of diet, much like the one on this site, but pulsing with leucine instead of protein powder or BCAA’s. I’m shooting for 3 pulses of 5g during the day, with a big low carb meal at night. I would have a nice refeed once a week.

Anybody have thoughts on this? I’d greatly appreciate it.[/quote]

I think that many of these fancy protocols coming around lately is made by companies trying to get lazy people to eat as many supplements as possible instead of real food. People are always looking for magic shortcuts. Just eat a little less calories than you use and let time do the rest. Easy as that.

[quote]AspiringTank wrote:

[quote]forbes wrote:

I think that many of these fancy protocols coming around lately is made by companies trying to get lazy people to eat as many supplements as possible instead of real food. People are always looking for magic shortcuts. Just eat a little less calories than you use and let time do the rest. Easy as that.[/quote]

You do know where you are posting, right???

OP, no.

Read TC’s livespill. Also, read up on leucine.

Educate yourself before changing anything. People that write here, are much smarter then you. Yes, they are “pushing” their supplements, but look where you are.

[quote]JFG wrote:

[quote]AspiringTank wrote:

[quote]forbes wrote:

I think that many of these fancy protocols coming around lately is made by companies trying to get lazy people to eat as many supplements as possible instead of real food. People are always looking for magic shortcuts. Just eat a little less calories than you use and let time do the rest. Easy as that.[/quote]

You do know where you are posting, right???

OP, no.

Read TC’s livespill. Also, read up on leucine.

Educate yourself before changing anything. People that write here, are much smarter then you. Yes, they are “pushing” their supplements, but look where you are.[/quote]

I use a lot of supplements too. Anaconda every workout. I have nothing against them. But when you start basing your whole diet around them they can not be called supplements anymore.