Leucine Before or After CH Pulse ?!

So, I Know the recommendation was to take leucine 10mins before the actual CH pulse

making each pulse look like : -30 5g Leucine -20/15 12g CHY

My question is : Why is leucine taken before the CHY and not during the actual meal?

Since CHY is absorbed faster than leucine, wont taking leucine BEFORE kind of undermine the effects of the pulse ? Making the change in the nitrogen balance less… drastic?

Or am I missing something?

I tought about this re reading this :

NewDamage wrote: 7.24.09 7am Pulsing Thread
Quick question CT -

Would a fortified essential amino acid blend be suitable for pulsing? The AA profile is as follows:
Serving Size: 10gy
L-Leucine: 4000mg
L-Isoleucine: 1000mg
L-Valine: 1000mg
L-Lysine: 1000mg
L-Phenylalanine: 1000mg
L-Histidine: 1000mg
L-Threonine: 750mg
L-Methionine: 250mg

I’ve read that the di and tri peptides found in hydrolyzed whey/casein are even faster than free form aminos, but am hoping that free form aminos are still fast enough to elicit a state of quick hyperaminoacidemia.

Many thanks for all the info you provide.

No they are not. Not fast enough, but especally they don’t have all the amino acids included.

Thanks in advance

My understand is:
The purpose of the leucine is to stimulate an insulin response (among other things) which won’t happen the moment you consume it. It may take, say, 15 minutes after ingestion to peak insulin in the blood stream.
You consume the CH 10 minutes after the leucine and it may peak in the blood stream, say, 5 minutes after ingestion. This allows amino acids to peak in the blood stream the same time as the insulin.

[quote]Intermezzo wrote:
My understand is:
The purpose of the leucine is to stimulate an insulin response (among other things) which won’t happen the moment you consume it. It may take, say, 15 minutes after ingestion to peak insulin in the blood stream.
You consume the CH 10 minutes after the leucine and it may peak in the blood stream, say, 5 minutes after ingestion. This allows amino acids to peak in the blood stream the same time as the insulin.

[/quote]

I actually had a question about taking leucine on and insulin protocol. If leucine stimulates and insulin response, would it be a bad idea to take it before a meal if the meal itself is taken in combination with Insulinomics and Fenuplex? Are the supplements counteracting each other? In other words, should I avoid the leucine before meals if my goal is to get more insulin sensitive? Hope I worded this correctly? Thanks!

[quote]tiddles wrote:
Intermezzo wrote:
My understand is:

I actually had a question about taking leucine on and insulin protocol. If leucine stimulates and insulin response, would it be a bad idea to take it before a meal if the meal itself is taken in combination with Insulinomics and Fenuplex? Are the supplements counteracting each other? In other words, should I avoid the leucine before meals if my goal is to get more insulin sensitive? Hope I worded this correctly? Thanks!

[/quote]

My understanding is that Leucine “empties” the pancreas of the insulin it is holding, but does not cause the pancreas to produce more insulin as would occur with a blood sugar surge due to carb intake. Therefore, my thinking is that the insulinomics and fenuplex will still be beneficial if taken before a higher carb meal. Curious to hear CT’s response though…

Also, when is the best time to take leucine during a fat loss phase assuming the person is on a targeted carb diet (some carbs at breakfast) and they are not pulsing?