Letterman, O'Brien, Leno, Daly

Letterman forte is pure wits - very quick at burning someone.

Leno’s is wacky stuff happening out there.

O’brien’s is plain weird theatrical clips.

Daly’s forte is being a shy lil boy with no wits.

[quote]diesel25 wrote:

[/quote]

Letterman used to be the king, but hasn’t been funny in a long time.

Leno has never been funny without a lot of cue cards from his many writers. Even then, he manages to kill a joke more often than not.

Conan - responsible for the turning the Simpsons into what it became and some of the best late night humor ever.

Daly - why is he on TV?

You missed Craig Ferguson. He has a different style than the rest. He improvises his entire opening monologue. That is a bold choice.

Nahh…

It just made too much sense.

Conan hands down. I’ve been laughing at his stuff since I was 10. And for a white Irish harvard grad from Boston to make a 10 year old Souther Black kid laugh is something. Man is mad funny.

Monologues are good, but his bread and butter is his skits and when he goes on location.

Top Draws: Triumph the insult comic dog(when he was at the Star Wars convention…FUNNY)

2nd:Robot Pimp. Depends on how long you been watching the show.

I miss Andy Richter.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
I miss Andy Richter.
[/quote]

He misses you too buddy…

He misses you too.

Conan, he is my same height. That is neat.

1. Craig Ferguson
  2. Conan
  3. Jimmy Kimmel

Lettermen used to be great, very average now. Leno is average, nothing special. Leno is popular simply because he inherited the tonight show. Johnny was much better.

Leno gets a big audience because of the history of the show, and because he is PC and never offends anyone. That appeals to a lot of people, I guess. Daly sucks.

Conan is the only one I actually laught at.
I think Leno is a better interviewer though.

Colbert for the win

O’brien in a landslide.Someone mentioned he was responsible for what the Simpsons are. Wrong. He is responsible for what the Simpson’s were when they were unquestionablly the greatest show ever.

Someone also said he’s just weird. That’s not true either, as he is also really witty/quick and his commitment to a joke is unmatched. I rarely watch talk shows, but if I do it’s Conan O’brien. John Stewart is 2nd.

1. Craig Ferguson
  2. Colbert (what? he should count.)
  3. O’Brien
  4. Kimmel
  5. Letterman
  6. Leno
  7. Daly

Craig Ferguson has the best monologue on television, even when he’s off. It’s such a different style.

O’Brien has the best skits (if they made it trumps the jay leno headline shit).

Colbert is probably the funniest overall, but if you watch him constantly it becomes grating.

Kimmel and O’Brien are actually probably the best interviewers out of the bunch, though Kimmel has retards on constantly.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Colbert for the win[/quote]

I’m not saying that Colbert and Stewart can’t be funny at times, but their bias gets old. I know their shows are all about politics, but they get old. I follow politics as much as the next guy, but they are too far off the deep end. If they gave another viewpoint once on a while, I would watch more. I’m not interested in hearing one sided arguments, no matter which side they are on. I prefer my propaganda in smaller chunks.

The reason those two don’t fit in with this group is because they are political shows that are sometimes funny. The other shows are comedy shows that are sometimes political.

Conan rules all.

Plus Max is the man, and everybody working on the show has amazing chemistry.

Hell, all they have to do is cut the camera to the announcer Joel and I laugh my ass off. Not to mention almost every skit involving Joel is some of the sickest stuff I’ve heard on TV (let alone network TV!) and they get away with it because it’s hilarious.

Triumph at Star Wars: http://www.pistolwimp.com/media/2536/

And the “interviews” with Donald Trump, Schwarzenegger, etc is some of the funniest shit out there.

[quote]Natural Nate wrote:
Conan rules all.

Plus Max is the man, and everybody working on the show has amazing chemistry.

Hell, all they have to do is cut the camera to the announcer Joel and I laugh my ass off. Not to mention almost every skit involving Joel is some of the sickest stuff I’ve heard on TV (let alone network TV!) and they get away with it because it’s hilarious.

Triumph at Star Wars: http://www.pistolwimp.com/media/2536/

And the “interviews” with Donald Trump, Schwarzenegger, etc is some of the funniest shit out there.
[/quote]

Word, Natural Nate. Word

[quote]Nothingface wrote:
Lonnie123 wrote:
Colbert for the win

I’m not saying that Colbert and Stewart can’t be funny at times, but their bias gets old. I know their shows are all about politics, but they get old. I follow politics as much as the next guy, but they are too far off the deep end. If they gave another viewpoint once on a while, I would watch more. I’m not interested in hearing one sided arguments, no matter which side they are on. I prefer my propaganda in smaller chunks.

The reason those two don’t fit in with this group is because they are political shows that are sometimes funny. The other shows are comedy shows that are sometimes political.[/quote]

True. I wont say they dont lean to left, beacuse they obviously do, but they take stabs at everyone all the time. They have an easier time creating “anti conservative” material because conservatives are all over the place right now… And the mistakes conservatives tend to make are much more ironic/funny.

A liberal gets caught smoking pot, who cares…he’s a liberal hippie, right? The Christian camp leader who gets caught smoking meth with his gay boyfriend… Gold.

[quote]sugarfree wrote:
diesel25 wrote:

Letterman used to be the king, but hasn’t been funny in a long time.

Leno has never been funny without a lot of cue cards from his many writers. Even then, he manages to kill a joke more often than not.

Conan - responsible for the turning the Simpsons into what it became and some of the best late night humor ever.

Daly - why is he on TV?

You missed Craig Ferguson. He has a different style than the rest. He improvises his entire opening monologue. That is a bold choice.
[/quote]

Agreed with everything except Daly [cause I don’t even know who he is]. Craig Ferguson is really funny. Very refreshing. And interviews his guests the best of any of them by far. Letterman and Leno [the ‘kings’ of latenight] are the worst of the bunch.

Oh, CARSON daly? I forgot he had a show. I think the rest of America did too. Only caught it once or twice. It sucks.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Oh, CARSON daly? I forgot he had a show. I think the rest of America did too. Only caught it once or twice. It sucks.[/quote]

Are you serious? Carson Daily has a late night show? I thought someone put his pic up as a joke!

It probably isn’t much worse than Pat Sajaks.