Let's Try This: Grneyes' s Log

I’ll be following along, also… Not to mention adding cat pics:)

The ladies here obviously know what they’re doing here (with the exception CBear) so, I think you’re in great hands… IF you listen to them.

When you move, then start going to my gym and eating mah foodz, we’ll make sure that everything stays in line and you keep reaching your goals.

You’ve been doing pretty damn good, so far… You just have to keep it going. I have no doubt that you can be who and whatever it is you want to be… If you TRULY want it, you’ll find a way to get it.

Also, i’m kidding Claire…

Ditto on the abz see the several above posts especially on MiM and Kimba’s posts. Planks and their several variations will do you right for years to come! You’re in very good company here! Like IH said, leesun…

Best wishes!

T

Good luck on the training Greenie!

I got nuthin more to add, just wanted to cheer you on 'sall.

I’ll be checking in here, I like the commitment.

My favorite ab routine is:

Decline situps (weighted if possible)
Ab pulldowns with cable (kneel on the floor with cable and crunch into the floor against weight)
Decline situps (bodyweight here)
Planks

Then crunches on floor if I want, usually there not much left after all that though. I would do this after legs/DL or the day after so that they’re fully recovered for the next leg/DL day.

No rest between exercises, one set each.

Just…because.

hungry, you’re an asshole.

its why i like you.

[quote]AlisaV wrote:
I think you’ll need to be specific about how “real” your gym is.
Do you have barbells? Do you have dumbbells? Do you even have a place to do hanging leg raises? Chin-up bar?
The best thing to do depends on what resources you have.[/quote]

My work gym pretty much sucks. We have about one machine per body part, an assisted pull-up machine, dumbbells up to 65, fixed barbells from 20 to 100.

Training:

Static Stretching

Widegrip Pulldowns: 10x60, 10x60, 10x60, 10x50. I used to be able to do 70lbs. :frowning:

Machine Rows: 10x25, 10x40, 10x40, 10x40.

French Press: 4 sets of 10x20. My triceps are SO weak!!!

Barbell Curls: 4 sets of 10x20.

Ab Machine: 3 sets of 20x70.

Thanks for all the feedback! I will probably end up rotating planks and the other ab exercises. I saw a girl the other day doing decline weighted sit ups alternated with reverse crunches (I think, b/c she wasn’t really moving).

[quote]Grneyes wrote:
(I think, b/c she wasn’t really moving).

[/quote]

made me lol

[quote]CBear84 wrote:

[quote]Grneyes wrote:
(I think, b/c she wasn’t really moving).

[/quote]

made me lol[/quote]

Well, I was confused! She laid on the bench with her feet in the air, but didn’t move. So, I think she was trying to do reverse crunches. What other exercise is there where you lie on your back with your feet in the air?

Hi Grneyes!

I second what everyone else said re: abz exersices.

Also, if you’re a newbie (like moi!) I’d recommend you check out the program “New Rules of Lifting for Women”. I know, I know. It sounds sissy. Whatever. But this was a really good intro to weight lifting for me and it really built up my core like no bodies business (via squats and snatches and the like). Plus, they (cosgrove et al.) designed it so you don’t need a full on gym - just some BBs and DBs (hell you can even use jugs of water).

[/quote]What other exercise is there where you lie on your back with your feet in the air?[/quote]

My mind is in the gutter this morning…

^ I suck at quotes!

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
^ I suck at quotes![/quote]

If you weren’t so cute I’d laugh and point.

ps. MIM, I swear I’m not stalking you. I already have my hands full with PMPM.

[quote]Mascherano wrote:

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
^ I suck at quotes![/quote]

If you weren’t so cute I’d laugh and point.

ps. MIM, I swear I’m not stalking you. I already have my hands full with PMPM.[/quote]

Hi!

haha…

:stuck_out_tongue:

You need to get to real gym grenezyez ASAP.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
You need to get to real gym grenezyez ASAP.[/quote]

This is the gym Greeny will be joining:

LUCKY!! looks like an awesome place!

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
You need to get to real gym grenezyez ASAP.[/quote]

This is the gym Greeny will be joining:

http://www.ironsport.com/[/quote]

wow, quite jealous. show her the ropes big dog (tiger).