Let's Talk About Abs

That explains why it tends to be the exercise of choice for strength athletes rather than physique guys. I suppose it helps with bracing and maintaining back angles rather than hypertrophy of the abs.

I don’t do them often, but if I do I certainly know about it the next day.

5 Likes

Direct ab work helps me prevent flareups in my lower back, I just have to make damn sure that my lower back does not fall into extension. I throw them in during my supersets. The ones that most help me are:

-dragon flags
-ab wheel rollouts
-pallof press
-plate crunches
-barbell crawls (got this from Brian Alsruhe)
-hanging leg raises

1 Like

The exact main reason I do ab work. I’ve had too many low back issues to count, and when I started training and seriously I stopped having issues with it.

1 Like

I doubt my opinion is worth a damn, but I feel like these are quite underrated. Coaches seem to reccomend them a lot, but not many people seem to use them

1 Like

i complained about som water retention are you ITERALLY that insecure? lol eat a meal bro and man the fuck up quit being afraid @kd13

So how do you train abs @yojimbojones?

@kd13 it doesnt start with talking shit on a forum and trying to be a badass mr keyboard warrior.

So how do you train abs?

@yojimbojones what the hell is going on? It appears to be you’re going around reviving years-old threads to pick a fight with @kd13. Let me know what I’ve got wrong here. I’m not a “let’s ban him” guy, but you’ve got to understand this is wildly unacceptable behavior.

2 Likes

Details here ^ Dude got mad we made fun of his new-found Trump hands. Talks shit about others’ physiques, doesn’t post his own. Goes off on unrelated tangents, revives years’ old threads attacking @kd13 after a pretty minor internet argument got wild (led by one party, I’ll leave you to guess who lol).

Pretty sure ole Jimbo needs to go the way of ole Yeller or Lenny, but I’m not the Mod - so I’ll defer to those with adult powers =)

1 Like

You know, im actually kinda glad that the Pharma section seems like a dumpster fire.

The idea of TRT/gear is very appealing to me, even though I really have no need of either and the benefits definitely don’t outweigh the risks for me atm. If I saw everyone talking about how wonderful and easy it was, I’d be sorely tempted. But seeing the posts that tend to crop up….yeah, im good with natty life lol

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s the equivalent of Beginners category, but only this time with an even further inflated ego. The knowledge gap with beginners and understanding the fundamentals of training are similar to the knowledge gap of “first cycle” posters in Pharma / TRT

There are some good folks that know good and well what to do, how to do it, and how to mitigate risks in there though.

1 Like

If I ever take the plunge, I’ll seek out those helpful few. For now, I’ll enjoy having an easy excuse for why I am fatter and weaker than anyone i see on Instagram :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the context @Andrewgen_Receptors!

@kd13 I’m sure you can handle yourself, and I’m honestly all for letting conversations turn into arguments, but this is silly and just poor behavior. Nobody deserves to be stalked and bullied.

Anyway, I flagged it to see if others feel the same as me.

1 Like

@TrainForPain no worries, if i would have read his previous posts i wouldnt have made light of his situation, but without seeing them i just saw the shrinking hands thing as a joke.

He picked poor posts of mine to bully me about, i would have gone with me having 1 nut and firing blanks personally :joy:

1 Like

Well it’s too late now - once you say it first you own it!

2 Likes

(Back on topic) Anyone got any advice for not letting my lower back hurt during rollouts?

I’m guessing I’m struggling to keep form as I’m probably too weak in my abs but any tips to make sure they work probably and not letting my back do the work.

I would give this a watch if you havnt already seen it.

2 Likes

Someone’s been watching their “Real Housewives…”!

1 Like

Funny story: I was in a restaurant once and could swear I knew the lady sitting at the next table. Like I even gave her the “what’s up” head nod. I didn’t realize until I was home and my wife had the tv on it was because she was on the NJ housewives show and my brain thought we were actual acquaintances.

1 Like