Let's Process Our Feelings II

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
My credit score has come up by 85 points in approximately a year, putting me nicely in the 800s.[/quote]
It can go up that much in a year? That’s promising.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
My credit score has come up by 85 points in approximately a year, putting me nicely in the 800s.[/quote]
It can go up that much in a year? That’s promising.[/quote]

Yup.

Hockey and I close on our house in two weeks. I’m getting excited! Although he’s just gone off to work for the week, and recent experience tells me that by Friday I’ll be nervous again and worrying that we’ve moved too quickly. When we’re together I never feel that way.

I’ve been wondering how LoRez is doing living with the GF.

Orion, you are displaying odd, our-of-character behavior in various threads. Quoting bible and waxing poetic about good women. What gives?

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
Hockey and I close on our house in two weeks. I’m getting excited! Although he’s just gone off to work for the week, and recent experience tells me that by Friday I’ll be nervous again and worrying that we’ve moved too quickly. When we’re together I never feel that way.

I’ve been wondering how LoRez is doing living with the GF.

Orion, you are displaying odd, our-of-character behavior in various threads. Quoting bible and waxing poetic about good women. What gives? [/quote]

I dont like it when someone takes Bible quotes out of context.

I do like engaging people in their own frame.

It’s been good. First couple weeks were a bit rough, and there’s occasional issues with the idea that it’s still “her” place, but all has been pretty good. She made some friends here over the last year, so I’ve been integrated into that and have some social life here now. Since I’m working remotely, I don’t have local coworkers here to branch off from socially.

The biggest problem from working from home is that I can actually work wherever – coffee shops and so on – but I haven’t figured that out yet. There’s a lot of times she gets home from work and wants to stay home, and I’m done with work, and I want to leave this place. That will just take some time.

Everything’s really pretty good.

Also, from a pure move standpoint, this is just a much better place for me. Lots of things to do, and many within a couple hour drive at most. I was afraid it would feel more isolated, just as a matter of population and city centers, but it really hasn’t felt that way.

My barber just retired.

He first cut my hair when I was about one year old and he did it ever since.

Most likely a better rolemodel than my father ever was, knew more about me too.

I did my very best not to cry like a little girl when I walked out of there.

I succeded too.

[quote]orion wrote:
My barber just retired.

I succeded too. [/quote]

Did you cry like a man instead?

Seriously though, that sucks. If you were so close to him, perhaps meet him outside of the barbershop?

[quote]orion wrote:
My barber just retired.

I succeded too. [/quote]

For 15 years, I had Pete, a Greek immigrant, cut my hair every 2 weeks. I walked in one day and there was no one but a woman sitting in the first chair. It was Pete’s daughter, he had died from a heart attach the previous week.

I knew virtually nothing about the guy - we rarely talked - but felt a deep loss.

I know what you mean, Orion.

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:
My barber just retired.

I succeded too. [/quote]

I’m sorry for your loss.

Seriously.
[/quote]

Oh well.

His number one passion in life seems to be tennis, which he plays at a sports hotel that is partially owned and run by a friend of mine.

Maybe he will get the VIP treatment from now on, who knows why…

[quote]orion wrote:

I succeded too. [/quote]

Did he know how much he impacted you, Orion? I hope so.

I’m sorry about the loss.

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:
My barber just retired.

I succeded too. [/quote]

I’m sorry for your loss.

Seriously.
[/quote]

Oh well.

His number one passion in life seems to be tennis, which he plays at a sports hotel that is partially owned and run by a friend of mine.

Maybe he will get the VIP treatment from now on, who knows why…[/quote]

Allow me to suggest that HE should know why.[/quote]

Yes. If someone has been important to you, give him the gift of knowing that. I’m guessing he’d gain far more from an acknowledgement of the role he played in your life than posh treatment at a club.

Most good people care more about that sort of thing than about tangible rewards.

Orion, where are you? Are we finished processing these feelings?

Edit: Because I have mushy-gushy love feelings to process.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
Edit: Because I have mushy-gushy love feelings to process.[/quote]
How’s the new house?

Things continue to go well here. Nearly finished with the holiday season, and this is the first year we’ve really presented ourselves as a couple. Her family was here over Thanksgiving; we visited mine just before Christmas; and attended her best friend’s “destination” wedding together. It feels nice.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
How’s the new house?

Things continue to go well here. Nearly finished with the holiday season, and this is the first year we’ve really presented ourselves as a couple. Her family was here over Thanksgiving; we visited mine just before Christmas; and attended her best friend’s “destination” wedding together. It feels nice.[/quote]

Wow, a big shift for you, then. That’s nice to read. How come these things (coupleness) weren’t in play when you lived together previously?

The house. . .it desperately needs paint and siding and a complete kitchen overhaul, and I love it. Our families seemed to, too. We have a beautiful yard and view. I don’t know when I’ve ever felt so cozy or happy, anywhere. Christmas was easy-going and joyous once we got to it, though I will admit to having gotten pretty stressed in the lead-up, when everything was in disarray and company was coming. Particularly as Christmas is sad and intense at work, so there was nowhere to hide.

After we got the last person off at the airport and drove back from his hometown on Saturday we got into bed and stayed there for the better part of two days, sleeping and fooling around and watching movies. We still haven’t had our first fight, which is remarkable to me given that we both get outraged fairly easily. He’s so much fun, all the time, in addition to being honest and caring and hardworking.

I feel like I’ve somehow won the world’s best guy.

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
How’s the new house?

Things continue to go well here. Nearly finished with the holiday season, and this is the first year we’ve really presented ourselves as a couple. Her family was here over Thanksgiving; we visited mine just before Christmas; and attended her best friend’s “destination” wedding together. It feels nice.[/quote]

Wow, a big shift for you, then. That’s nice to read. How come these things (coupleness) weren’t in play when you lived together previously?

The house. . .it desperately needs paint and siding and a complete kitchen overhaul, and I love it. Our families seemed to, too. We have a beautiful yard and view. I don’t know when I’ve ever felt so cozy or happy, anywhere. Christmas was easy-going and joyous once we got to it, though I will admit to having gotten pretty stressed in the lead-up, when everything was in disarray and company was coming. Particularly as Christmas is sad and intense at work, so there was nowhere to hide.

After we got the last person off at the airport and drove back from his hometown on Saturday we got into bed and stayed there for the better part of two days, sleeping and fooling around and watching movies. We still haven’t had our first fight, which is remarkable to me given that we both get outraged fairly easily. He’s so much fun, all the time, in addition to being honest and caring and hardworking.

I feel like I’ve somehow won the world’s best guy. [/quote]

Very nice to read, but I somehow can’t believe that you are happily living with someone.

My image of you is single and free, I guess.[/quote]

Freedom is wasted on me, Chush.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
How’s the new house?

I hope the first fight goes well!

For me a strong friendship or relationship is one where we can fight without getting mad, or at least without staying mad.

I start a new career Monday. Not sure how I feel about it. At 36 I’ve only ever had jobs. Some were good paying and could have been careers if I had wanted but I had no passion for them. I know that I will miss my co-workers, who were an extremely odd bunch. They were the only coworkers I’ve ever really hung out with outside of work. I don’t miss them now as its only been two days.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
How’s the new house?

I hope the first fight goes well!

For me a strong friendship or relationship is one where we can fight without getting mad, or at least without staying mad.

I start a new career Monday. Not sure how I feel about it. At 36 I’ve only ever had jobs. Some were good paying and could have been careers if I had wanted but I had no passion for them. I know that I will miss my co-workers, who were an extremely odd bunch. They were the only coworkers I’ve ever really hung out with outside of work. I don’t miss them now as its only been two days.[/quote]

Congratulations! What will you be doing?

I love my career. Every bit of it. I love the work itself, of course, but I also like nurturing the career, which I guess is comprised of my reputation and resume-building. Hearing that someone at the parole office (lol) recommends me or that I’m spoken well of at company leadership meetings is enough to make my whole week. I hope yours gives you as much satisfaction as mine does me!

I saw your post at some point yesterday afternoon and was thinking last night that maybe we have been having “fights” and I just haven’t categorized them as such because they haven’t caused any damage whatsoever. But combining households at Christmastime and then hosting and blending families was stressful. Last night I finally unpacked books, and real estate in the book cases was/is hotly contested. The kitchen has been another area of heated negotiation, and my God, the question of what is precious and beautiful at the holiday was a big one. But there hasn’t been any anger, just occasional frustration, and nothing has lingered.