Let's Laugh at Men's Health!

Not to defend this magazine, butmaybe these are two different editions of the same issue, like the one with Statham is the Australia or UK one.

I hate the stupid articles about $150 flip flops and how Oxford ties are totally out and piasley’s back in, but not with a Suffolk-cut collar on your shirt, that would be a disaster. Fuck that stupid shit.

cosmo has tips for an MMF, betchya didn’t know that?

SIGN MY ASS UP!!!

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
i bet you enjoy reading your mom’s cosmo too[/quote]

Only the orgasm articles

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]super saiyan wrote:

[quote]Stuntman Mike wrote:
If that was true, it would say “Dress for more butt sex”[/quote]

And…

5 Tips for Scoring an MMF

How To NOT Hook Up With Your 6th Grade Teacher

Convincing the Fine People of T-Nation That You Will Set Off the Lunk Alarm in Alabama and Never Following Through[/quote]

It’s issued monthly ya know. Can’t put A+ material in every issue. In fact, some issues need to have the exact same stuff as previous ones. Gotta make that dough…[/quote]

The only thing that seems to change is how quickly you can get a six pack. Down to 24 hours on the latest UK issue!

I read em.

You do realize that many of the authors here write for Mens Health and Mens Fitness right? Guess Dan John, Wendler, Tate, Cressey and Cosgrove aren’t as hardcore as you all.

Men’s Health isn’t that bad. They’re trying to go for the 35-55 semi health-conscious working professional, not the hardcore lifting crowd. Most of their nutrition articles are pretty decent and they have a few good training articles as well (remember a few years back they published something very similar to German Volume Training).

I’d much rather read Men’s Health than most newsstand “musclehead” mags (the names of some of which I can’t mention here for legal reasons). Page after page of striated glutes with Jay Cutler touting the “enhanc-a-tude” of Boron and Plant sterols? No thanks.

Wow. This is godawful. I put in the longest time they had (only 60 minutes) and it came up with this list of things to do—ALL IN ONE SESSION! I thought at first maybe it had just generated a list of exercises (shitty) and was going to split them up into days.

Take a look at the massive strength boosting power of the overhead db extension. LOL. And they lead off the exercise list with the PULLOVER??!

SELECTED: Gym, Increase Strength, 60 Minutes and Total Body

PICKED EXERCISES:

1. Warm Up
  2. Dumb-bell Pullover
  3. High Pull
  4. Arnold Press
  5. Lying back extension
  6. Dumb-bell Shrug
  7. Overhead Dumb-bell Extensions
  8. Incline Push Up
  9. Full crunch
  10. Exercise Ball Abdominal Crunch
  11. Standing Front Dumb-bell Raise

Lower body Only selected…in the vain hope it would lead to a more sensible routine…

SELECTED: Gym, Increase Strength, 60 Minutes and Lower Body

PICKED EXERCISES:

1. Warm Up
  2. Stiff Legged Deadlift With Dumb-bells
  3. Lying Leg Curls
  4. Dumb-bell Squat
  5. Standing Dumb-bell Calf Raise
  6. Bar-bell Lunges
  7. Stability Ball Hip Extensions for Calves
  8. Hamstring raises on a chair
  9. Leg Extensions
  10. Standing Calf Raise With Machine
  11. Dumbbell Lunges

Here’s the kicker!

the last exercise of that abominable list (dumbbell lunges) had this under the exercise description:

Fucking. Wut? after 10 exercises you want me to do 5 sets of 8 reps with 90% of my 1RM???

Lol. You try that and let me know how it goes.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
I read em.

You do realize that many of the authors here write for Mens Health and Mens Fitness right? Guess Dan John, Wendler, Tate, Cressey and Cosgrove aren’t as hardcore as you all.[/quote]

yes we know that.

you make a ridiculous argument and you know that.

if you’re too dumb to realize it, the problem is with the magazine as a whole, not individual authors that occasionally have something published in that mag.

doo-doo head.

Har har har!

Here’s what I got:

SELECTED: Gym, Bulk Up, 60 Minutes and Total Body

PICKED EXERCISES:

Warm Up
Lat Pulldowns
Dumb-bell Shrug
Lying Cable Pullover
Reverse Back Extensions
Figure-Four Double Crunch
Bar-bell Deadlift
Close Grip Seated Cable Rows
Swiss Ball Push-Up (Hands on Floor)
Exercise Ball Ab Tuck
Cable Lateral Raise

According to to this program, the barbell deadlift is a quad exercise :smiley:

Feeling tempted to try this…

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
I read em.

You do realize that many of the authors here write for Mens Health and Mens Fitness right? Guess Dan John, Wendler, Tate, Cressey and Cosgrove aren’t as hardcore as you all.[/quote]

yes we know that.

if you’re too dumb to realize it, the problem is with the magazine as a whole, not individual authors that occasionally have something published in that mag.

doo-doo head. [/quote]

WIN!!!

[quote]SidTheSloth wrote:

Figure-Four Double Crunch
[/quote]

What the fuck is that?! In my mind’s eye I see Ric Flair putting someone in a figure-four leglock and them crunching toward each other. A surefire way to achieving hawt abz.

But I could just be horrendously stupid on this occasion.

Half the guys I know get their training advice from Mens Health or some type of news stand muscle mag, this half represents 100% of the people who ask me for advice. “Stop reading those magazines,” is usually the response, if the dude isn’t a comeplete douche, I’ll reccomend T-Nation.

But due to the lack of bicep specific training articles, they obviously don’t agree with us…

[quote]Masticity wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
I read em.

yes we know that.

doo-doo head. [/quote]

WIN!!![/quote]

Yeah sorry, you’re right, and you have the validation of an 09’er to prove it.

i bet you enjoy reading your mom’s cosmo too[/quote]
Thats cuz your an editor of that mag as well

damn my proof didnt post ill try again

FML. last try

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]Masticity wrote:

[quote]Testy1 wrote:
I read em.

yes we know that.

doo-doo head. [/quote]

WIN!!![/quote]

Yeah sorry, you’re right, and you have the validation of an 09’er to prove it. [/quote]

So a boot saw the stupidity in your argument and you got upset?

Fail.

awww come on, why i gotta be a boot?