Let's Go Hatton!

Tonight’s the night! When this guy fights it’s like the Super Bowl for me haha.

May the angels fly with you tonight Ricky. Go do it!!

Thanks for the reminder, FI. Got the Tivo set.

Hatton by liver shot.

one of the few boxing matches i tune into… I really like watching him fight

Bloody hell…there’s a kid on the undercard called Vera…taking HUGE punches. Tough git. He also was the uy who beat Andy Lee…bastard :wink:

OMC

What was with his opponent bending over constantly?

[quote]itsthenickman wrote:
What was with his opponent bending over constantly? [/quote]

Only option he had other than getting KO’d.

Good display from Hatton. Style is still more or less the same. Little bit of extra head movement and working off the jab a bit more which is great to see but I think anybody who was expecting Hatton to sit on the outside slipping from side to side were delusional. His inside work was good as always and big props to the ref who let both men work on the inside. Not like that muppet Cortez.

OMC

Congrats on your boy winning, Irish.

Good performance by Hatton. Maliggniani or however the hell you spell his name is a B level fighter. He can prance around against lesser fighters, but he and his brittle hands will always get their asses handed to them by top guys, like Cotto and Hatton. Speaking of, there’s a fight I’d like to see!

I don’t understand why his corner stopped it. He looked mentally beaten but he wasn’t hurt. I don’t like Hatton and his soccer hooligan like sideshow. It’s like if there were one popular American fighter and his fans got overly psyched and did beer league duggout chants at every fight.

His corner stopped it because he had been shaken previously and was showin no efective offence. Hatton would go for the finish all out for the last round or two. His corner simply asked him to show them something…anything at all. He didn’t, they stopped it. Thats what a good professional corner should do. Their first job is to protect their fighter from unnecessary punishment.

OMC

[quote]OMC wrote:
Bloody hell…there’s a kid on the undercard called Vera…taking HUGE punches. Tough git. He also was the uy who beat Andy Lee…bastard :wink:

OMC[/quote]

I couldn’t believe that guy. He was getting fucking clobbered and would just smile.

Let me know when Hatton fights a real fighter.

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
Let me know when Hatton fights a real fighter.[/quote]

Ummmm

Kostya Tszyu

Jose Luis Castillo

Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Yes I know Tszyu and Castillo were past their prime and he lost to Floyd, but Ricky has been in with some decent guys.

Good stuff from Hatton.

I’ll imagine we’ll see the real difference for his next fight. I didn’t think Floyd had him long enough to make much impact.

[quote]SKman wrote:
Djwlfpack wrote:
Let me know when Hatton fights a real fighter.

Ummmm

Kostya Tszyu

Jose Luis Castillo

Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Yes I know Tszyu and Castillo were past their prime and he lost to Floyd, but Ricky has been in with some decent guys.[/quote]

I’m just giving FI crap. I like Hatton.

[quote]duffyj2 wrote:

I’ll imagine we’ll see the real difference for his next fight. I didn’t think Floyd had him long enough to make much impact.[/quote]

And what difference are you expecting duffy?

OMC

Well, a few observations on the fight.

Hatton looked awesome. Truly a return to form, he looked as good as he did against Tszyu. Throwing a good amount of punches, working the inside, but not holding and clinching.

Malignaggi did most of the clinching, and what a mistake against a banger like Hatton.

Great mixing up of body blows and shots upstairs for Hatton. He still does that lunging left hook that leaves him wide open for counter check hooks, but I could see that upon his return to the corner, Floyd was telling him to keep his right hand up while punching.

He had better head movement, was slipping on his way in, and throwing that weird uppercut/jab that he throws that is very hard to defend against. He beat Malignaggi to the punch consistently and outjabbed him, then worked off the jab.

All in all a great fight, showed that Paulie is truly not on the same level as Hatton as a fighter. It also reasserted that Hatton is indeed the man at 140, and may be unbeatable at that weight.

Now we see where the rest of it goes. The word is that Ricky will likely face the winner of Pac/DLH, which would be either good or bad.

Fighting Pacman at 140, and Ricky has a chance to win. A good chance, in fact, because he won’t let Pac breath and get room to fire off those hard left hands.

Fighting DLH at 147, however, when Ricky fights terribly at 147 and DLH is so much larger of a person, would be suicide. But Hatton never shies from the big fight, so I’m sure he’ll take whomever wants to fight him.

All in all, safe to say, as always- “There’s only one Ricky Hatton.”

Cheers to him.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Fighting Pacman at 140, and Ricky has a chance to win. A good chance, in fact, because he won’t let Pac breath and get room to fire off those hard left hands.
[/quote]
Hey FI,
Im a big Pac fan, and the way that Hatton and Pac fight, there won’t be any room for either to breathe.
I would much rather have that fight than DLH vs Pac. At least Hatton and Pac are a little closer to each other in size.