T Nation

Lets Get Ripped - Critique Diet

Hi guys and gals,
I have been training for around 3years mostly for strength however the last year or so i have been pushing more towards bodybuilding and plan on hitting the stage sometime in the near future.I am currently 5ft 11ins and 235lbs@15%bf and i realise thats its a pretty high bf however in the past i didnt care about lookin good just about lifting heavy weights.

Anyway i have come up with a diet and would like you all to take a look and tell me where i am going wrong or what i could do to improve

6.30am- 6egg whites,2rice cakes,2pieces of low fat cheese and 2 pieces of wholegrain toast+green tea

9.30-200g cod and a rice cake

12.30-200gchicken+green veg

2.30-Protein shake+amino acides and creatine

4.15-train

6.00-100g steak and 200gs of potatoes

9.00-Protein shake

This is what i got up to now please inform me of anything i can to to improve,i guess this is the best place to ask.Thankyou

Well, has it been successful so far? Is it working to help you lose fat?

More veggies, drop the simple high GI/II carbs at breakfast go for some fruit maybe oats

Healthy fats look to be lacking

Phill

[quote]sethbron wrote:
Well, has it been successful so far? Is it working to help you lose fat?[/quote]

I havent started yet

[quote]Phill wrote:
More veggies, drop the simple high GI/II carbs at breakfast go for some fruit maybe oats

Phill[/quote]

Would you suggest i add some peanut butter in there?and some oats for breakfast?Also what other carbs are good for breakfast?

Do you think cod is a good protein source?

[quote]THEWARRIOR wrote:
Phill wrote:

Phill

Would you suggest i add some peanut butter in there?and some oats for breakfast?Also what other carbs are good for breakfast?

Do you think cod is a good protein source?[/quote]

sure natural PB is great, id look at olive oil on veggies etc as well as fish oil and fatty fish, maybe a whole egg or two

breakfast, sure oats, carbs fruits and veggies, make an omelet, have an apple, add berries to your oats, hell eat a salad lol

cod sure its fish, an animal. Anything that walks swins, flys, or generally can make noise under its own power is a good source of protein

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
THEWARRIOR wrote:
Phill wrote:

Phill

Do you think cod is a good protein source?

sure natural PB is great, id look at olive oil on veggies etc as well as fish oil and fatty fish, maybe a whole egg or two

breakfast, sure oats, carbs fruits and veggies, make an omelet, have an apple, add berries to your oats, hell eat a salad lol

cod sure its fish, an animal. Anything that walks swins, flys, or generally can make noise under its own power is a good source of protein

Phill

[/quote]

Cool some good info,i will add some two whole eggs a day plus some peanut butter and olive oil.I will use cod as you say any animal is good plus i find cod easy to eat and enjoyable.Thankyou for your help

up your fats! Im surprised you have balls with that diet!
drop the rice cakes, those are worthless.

[quote]THEWARRIOR wrote:
Cool some good info,i will add some two whole eggs a day plus some peanut butter and olive oil.I will use cod as you say any animal is good plus i find cod easy to eat and enjoyable.Thankyou for your help[/quote]

No prob bro,

if you like cod try orange roughy, very good.

Phill

Definatly drop the rice cakes, replace with fruit, veggies or oatmeal that is 100% rolled oats.

What’s the total calories and carb/prot/fat breakdown for your diet?

[quote]THEWARRIOR wrote:
sethbron wrote:

I havent started yet[/quote]

Your progress in the future will be based on trying certain things and seeing if they work for you, not simply coming up with some random blueprint and asking everyone around you if it sounds nice. This thread comes across like 95% of the other threads on this board…ie. some guy asks random extremely detailed questions when the reality is, they haven’t even nailed down the absolute basics yet which are what any progress at all stems from.

[quote] Anything that walks swins, flys, or generally can make noise under its own power is a good source of protein

Phill

[/quote]

Off topic, and maybe its just cause im really tired but I found the “eat anything that can make noise under its own power” hilarious haha.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
<<< This thread comes across like 95% of the other threads on this board…ie. some guy asks random extremely detailed questions when the reality is, they haven’t even nailed down the absolute basics yet which are what any progress at all stems from.[/quote]

Yep, Yep, Yep, This is why anybody bored enough to have paid any attention will have noticed that 95% of everything I say in 95% of the threads I post in is some version of " you need to worry more about learning the basics" because that’s at least 95% of the problem 95% of the guys here are having.

[quote]Kill’Em All wrote:
up your fats! Im surprised you have balls with that diet!
drop the rice cakes, those are worthless.[/quote]

What do you mean “im surprised you have balls with that diet”??

[quote]Professor X wrote:
THEWARRIOR wrote:
sethbron wrote:

I havent started yet

Your progress in the future will be based on trying certain things and seeing if they work for you, not simply coming up with some random blueprint and asking everyone around you if it sounds nice. This thread comes across like 95% of the other threads on this board…ie. some guy asks random extremely detailed questions when the reality is, they haven’t even nailed down the absolute basics yet which are what any progress at all stems from.[/quote]

I understand what you are saying,i just needed to know basically how to create a diet that will help me shed some fat.I will just try the diet and see what works and what doesnt,Its kind of like training its just what works for you.