Let's End It NOW!

The statement-
All bodybuilders are not strong and built all their muscle using high reps and low weight.

Just pisses me off when i hear some jackoff complaining that a pro bodybuilder is as weak as a 11 year old girl.
Every bodybuilder i have met with arms over 19 always used very heavy weight to get their bodies to grow.I cant imagine trying to build a 20 inch arm curling a 40 pound dumbell for 18 reps.Light weight has its place i know that but if u want to build a awsome physique, heavy weights must be used.

As Stuart Mcrobert once said:

Lift mickey mouse weights ,get a mickey mouse body.

If these people who train with really light weights actually trained with a weight more than 40 pounds we might actually have more people in this world and this site with muscle.

Rant over

King of Kings

[quote]King of Kings wrote:
The statement-
All bodybuilders are not strong and built all their muscle using high reps and low weight.

Just pisses me off when i hear some jackoff complaining that a pro bodybuilder is as weak as a 11 year old girl.[/quote]

First choice: Such people would be banned from this site.

Second choice: I’m glad when folks say such things. It’s lets me know right away to disregard them. It’s a great filtration system.

[quote]King of Kings wrote:
I cant imagine trying to build a 20 inch arm curling a 40 pound dumbell for 18 reps.[/quote]

Well, there is your mistake. Why are your curling? Don’t you know that to get really big arms you should be doing pull-ups exclusively?

Are you kidding me? Just ask Ronnie Coleman himself. He’ll tell you. It’s all about “light weight, light weight.”

Why do you care?

So what if someone thinks that. Does it change what the person with 19"+ arms has achieved?

Not at all.

[quote]Charles Poliquin:
“I’m going to let you in on a little secret: a large percentage of professional bodybuilders are about as weak as a one-armed, octogenarian stamp collector with severe arthritis. If some of these pro bodybuilders had a bench-press contest with supermodel Kate Moss, Kate would win, emaciated chest and all.”

“Believe it or not, I’ve seen at least three Mr. Olympia contestants that couldn’t even bench press 315 pounds for six reps, and that was in the off-season, when they’re supposed to be their biggest and strongest. One of them even asked me to open up a peanut-butter jar for him. Okay, I’m kidding again about the peanut-butter jar, but my point is, there are plenty of strongman contest competitors with massive arms who are every bit as strong as they look.”
[/quote]

Ya, let’s ban this asshole from the site.

I was waiting for someone to post the above statement

[quote]conner wrote:
Charles Poliquin:
“I’m going to let you in on a little secret: a large percentage of professional bodybuilders are about as weak as a one-armed, octogenarian stamp collector with severe arthritis. If some of these pro bodybuilders had a bench-press contest with supermodel Kate Moss, Kate would win, emaciated chest and all.”

“Believe it or not, I’ve seen at least three Mr. Olympia contestants that couldn’t even bench press 315 pounds for six reps, and that was in the off-season, when they’re supposed to be their biggest and strongest. One of them even asked me to open up a peanut-butter jar for him. Okay, I’m kidding again about the peanut-butter jar, but my point is, there are plenty of strongman contest competitors with massive arms who are every bit as strong as they look.”

Ya, let’s ban this asshole from the site.[/quote]

I’d love to see this mythical place Poliquin has been training at.

When you grow up, you’ll realize that not everything an author states in an article is true. (Some things are put in there for artistic license, to add some humor, or for marketing purposes.)

Best of luck on your continued education.

[quote]conner wrote:
Ya, let’s ban this asshole from the site.[/quote]

Hey conner,

I’m going to let you in on a little secret: every now and then, the unthinkable occurs, an article appears on this site containing highly concentrated horse manure.

Flying Spaghetti Monster - “Not everything written down is true.”

Heavy is relative.

I COULD (I can, i have already done it) bench press 400 pounds for 5 reps and do it with an easy rep-performance parameter, simple and easy: lift as fast as I can, and lower under control…feels like a hell of strength set.

Now, I DO bench press 300 pounds and instead of lowering under control, I take my time to lower at a speed where I really feel it work my muscles. I do that for the pump, not for strength, so it’s great set to induce hypertrophy, or GROWTH.

Bodybuilders sometimes take this approach and therefore, they ease up on the weight, a.k.a. TENSION and focus on the amount of stress and the glycogen cycle’s duration, or TIME UNDER TENSION, it’s like a scale, one side goes up, the other goes down.

Now if a bodybuilder has the same approach for a 3-6 reps set, i bet he has the same approach for a 10-15 reps set, therefore, lifting lighter loads to favor a more “pumping” set with more time under tension and just creating a metabolic process for growth.

Powerlifters ain’t no sissies, they are big. I can’t remember a scrawny powerlifter, but I can’t remember a ripped and chiseled one either, so you see they also take some more time to get big, and must work more carefully with bigger loads and shorter exposures to tension, in terms of time under tension or volume of work. They favour a neural approach to growth, as a secondary result of strength.

Now, if a bodybuilder has got half a brain, doesn’t use steroids and got a life that prevents him from staying 8 hours a day on the gym, he’d probably lift hard and heavy and also slow and lighter (read this correctly: I wrote not light, but ligth-ER) he will be big and strong. He may not look like Ronnie Coleman, but I’d bet my left nut that if his girlfriend gets a flat tire on her scooter, he can lift it up and bring it inside (as long as she lives on a first-floor and doesn’t take too much walking to set it on her apartment or home) and yet look ripped, or very lean.

I just love it when people began to understand that there’s a great sense to the saying my old man used: " Even bullshit has a substance, so lies normally come from an ugly and misunderstood fact or truth"

[/joke]

I’ll be sure to toss some confetti and light firecrackers to make it more obvious next time, fellas.

[quote]conner wrote:
[/joke]

I’ll be sure to toss some confetti and light firecrackers to make it more obvious next time, fellas.[/quote]

This has actually come up many times before. For a while many of these guys truly seemed to believe that pro bodybuilders couldn’t curl 35lbs dumbbells which shows both how stupid a lot of people are and how many are just dying to be led and told what to do every step of the way.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
King of Kings wrote:
I cant imagine trying to build a 20 inch arm curling a 40 pound dumbell for 18 reps.

Well, there is your mistake. Why are your curling? Don’t you know that to get really big arms you should be doing pull-ups exclusively?[/quote]

This advice is already an improvement over the previous trend of telling everyone to squat if they wanted bigger arms.

can someone link me to the thread with pictures of bbers doing “35 lbs”. it was a joke thread but i remmeber it being funny and wanted to see it again

i tried searching but no way did i find it.