Lets Complain about Gas Prices

Stinks like a goddamn hippy if you ask me.

…drive fuel efficient cars or quit bitchin’!

[quote]ephrem wrote:
…drive fuel efficient cars or quit bitchin’![/quote]

No fuck that. This is AMERICUH God damn it!!

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
ephrem wrote:
…drive fuel efficient cars or quit bitchin’!

No fuck that. This is AMERICUH God damn it!![/quote]

As to that, saw an '85 Ford F-350 for sale today. 6.9 liter International Harvester naturally aspirated diesel engine, no rust, new coat of paint, 50,700 miles, one owner, $2500 bucks. Started her up and she said “GRRRRRR!!! CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG!!!”

Which is, of course, Dieselese for “I BELCH NOXIOUS FUMES AND CONSUME EXPENSIVE NONRENEWABLE RESOURCES AT A SHOCKING RATE!!!”

What a beautiful machine.

Hell an old detroit diesel can get around 20 mpg in a suburban. I know it’s a dog compared to any of the newer turbo diesels but it is adequate for “most” people.

[quote]ephrem wrote:
…drive fuel efficient cars or quit bitchin’![/quote]

I guess I need to trade my Trans Am in on a new Corvette then.

The cost is rising because local tribes of barbarians (think Somalia) make transport more expensive. Toss in the onerous taxes, which are WAY more than the oil companies earn per gallon of gas, and you’ve got a real mess.

In a truly capiatlist system, you’d probably be paying 49 cents a gallon; but for now you and I have to support criminals and loafers.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

In a truly capiatlist system, you’d probably be paying 49 cents a gallon.[/quote]

Which is what they pay in Iran.

Haha. I drive a scooter, get 7-80mpg with a 1.3 gallon tank.

Starting to get those looks at the pump I used to get a few months ago when gas approached $4/gallon… hehe

…yeah, i’d rather be practical than poor. Couple of years back i drove a Peugeot 307 stationcar from Bergen to Trondheim. An 1100 kilometer roadtrip on 60 liters of diesel. Try doing that in a F150…

The downside, of course…

[quote]ephrem wrote:
…yeah, i’d rather be practical than poor. Couple of years back i drove a Peugeot 307 stationcar from Bergen to Trondheim. An 1100 kilometer roadtrip on 60 liters of diesel. Try doing that in a F150…[/quote]

…wow, looks like he was rear ended by a truck or something. Had a close call in Norway when a truck driver though it was okay to swerve into my lane to avoid pedestrians on the road, instead of slowing down. Altough we would not have survived that, it’s a great car nonetheless…

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
The downside, of course…

ephrem wrote:
…yeah, i’d rather be practical than poor. Couple of years back i drove a Peugeot 307 stationcar from Bergen to Trondheim. An 1100 kilometer roadtrip on 60 liters of diesel. Try doing that in a F150…

[/quote]

LMAO!!! Yip, see who wins in a head on collision between a Peugeot and a Super Duty going 20 mph. Have you guys seen those dinky Mercedes Smart Cars? That’s what rich hippys drive nowadays. I love cutting those fuckers off, to remind them how much of a stupid idea it was to buy one of those things. Less than one ton of German plastic and composites meet 4 tons of Kentucky made iron. lol! I literally cannot see them. I have to angle my tow mirrors down to see the little turds. I just hope for the best when I’m switching lanes with one of those queefs by my side.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

In a truly capiatlist system, you’d probably be paying 49 cents a gallon.

Which is what they pay in Iran.[/quote]

No comment

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Varqanir wrote:
The downside, of course…

ephrem wrote:

LMAO!!! Yip, see who wins in a head on collision between a Peugeot and a Super Duty going 20 mph. Have you guys seen those dinky Mercedes Smart Cars? That’s what rich hippys drive nowadays. I love cutting those fuckers off, to remind them how much of a stupid idea it was to buy one of those things. Less than one ton of German plastic and composites meet 4 tons of Kentucky made iron. lol! I literally cannot see them. I have to angle my tow mirrors down to see the little turds. I just hope for the best when I’m switching lanes with one of those queefs by my side. [/quote]

…i’d be scared to go on the highway in a Smart, that’s for sure BUT on the other hand, to get around the old city centers of many European cities, your lumbering hunk of an oversized vehicle won’t cut it. Hey, don’t mind me, i don’t even own a car, lol…

[quote]ephrem wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:

LMAO!!! Yip, see who wins in a head on collision between a Peugeot and a Super Duty going 20 mph. Have you guys seen those dinky Mercedes Smart Cars? That’s what rich hippys drive nowadays. I love cutting those fuckers off, to remind them how much of a stupid idea it was to buy one of those things. Less than one ton of German plastic and composites meet 4 tons of Kentucky made iron. lol! I literally cannot see them. I have to angle my tow mirrors down to see the little turds. I just hope for the best when I’m switching lanes with one of those queefs by my side.

…i’d be scared to go on the highway in a Smart, that’s for sure BUT on the other hand, to get around the old city centers of many European cities, your lumbering hunk of an oversized vehicle won’t cut it. Hey, don’t mind me, i don’t even own a car, lol…

[/quote]

Oh it will get around, 450/550, 4 wheel drive, on 37s at the moment but I could throw my 10’ and my 40s on in heartbeat. It will get around…

Obama obviously hates big families and Mexicans. Can you imagine stuffing 3 or more kids, your wife, and your luggage, in a car that gets 35.5 mpg? Yeah, that sounds really fine Barack, esp when you zoom past in your SUV or above in your private plane or Air Farce One. And then the migrant workers from Me-hee-coh! Damn Barack!!

So now you will have nationalized car companies building vehicles nobody wants to buy, with the costs subsidized by the taxpayer, so the auto workers can be paid inflated wages because they support the ruling party. The ruling party has a religious belief that the earth mother is mad at them because they spew 3% of the carbon into the atmosphere that the earth mother’s plants need to survive and uses that belief to convince the consumers that it is their duty to buy these cars.

The old Soviets were right. We collapsed from within. They just couldn’t outlast us to actually see the day.

Does that sound about right?

The backlash against the Democrats when this is all said and done will be tremendous and far reaching.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Obama obviously hates big families and Mexicans. Can you imagine stuffing 3 or more kids, your wife, and your luggage, in a car that gets 35.5 mpg? Yeah, that sounds really fine Barack, esp when you zoom past in your SUV or above in your private plane or Air Farce One. And then the migrant workers from Me-hee-coh! Damn Barack!![/quote]

WTF? Are you Mexican? It all sounds good and dandy to make all cars get more than 30mpg but I fucking doubt that’s ever going to happen. Maybe through advanced diesel technology and flex fuel vehicles and hybrids that sound ghey. They all will sound ghey. But last time I checked California is aiming for even tighter smog laws on everything. So pretty much anything that isn’t a 16cc weedwacker will fail CA smog laws. Smog it, pass it, tear the smog equipment off. That’s how I roll

Anyone who wants to buy a smart car should check out the pictures I saw of one in an accident somewhere in Europe.A garbage truck drove over the thing right down the middle.The paramedics pulled the body out buy the arms and half of him was still in the car.Fucking gross.I see them going down the highway(401)and can’t understand why you would take the risk.

This morning I paid 96 cent a litre or approx.$4.40/gallon.Just in time for summer…coincidence?