Let's Build a Gym!

If money is an object:

1. York Barbell
  2. Bumpers from biggerfasterstronger site
  3. O-lift platform DIY specs on ironmind site
  4. Pullup/Dip apparatus

Plyos can be done on a chair, park bench, etc. Pushups and situps can be done anywhere. Glute-Ham raise can be done with partner holding feet or hook them under something.

Will,
I just wrote an article for a few sites regarding this matter and topic. If you want a copy, just pm me. I consult the US doing just this…designing gyms and training facilities.

SP

I’m actually doing this very thing, and just as an FYI: I saved a bundle on 3/4" rubber mats by buying straight from the manufacturer (I paid $ 32 for a 4 X 6 mat, but was quoted from several equipment dealers $ 65 to $ 80 each…for the EXACT same mat). As an addition to this, does anyone have a recommendation on Safety Squat bars? Dr. Squat’s bars seem to be a good choice, as well as Mastiff, but there are so many choices. Which one would be the best?

The wheels are in motion. Checking out suppliers for a variety of pieces already…have organised the mirrors, posters of waterfalls with motivational statements, 150 treadmills, bikes and cross trainers (will that be enough?), water fountains, a juice bar, childrens play area and 10 smith machines etc etc all the most important items…am I missing anything?

yeah, you’re gonna need little plasma screen tellies for each of those 150 treadmills…