Letrozole for Longer Growth?

Hi.

Anyone tried letrozole for longer growth? From what I’ve heard it prevents your growth plates from closing so far.

Thanks…

In theory yes, decreasing estrogen will help prolong the period before epipheseal plate closure. Letrozole however is overkill, and it’s probably not the best idea to be playing around with your estrogen levels as a teenager unless you are a midget and under doctor supervision.

I can see the want for a few more inches at that age. If you’re really hell bent on this, you may want to try something more benign like Rez-V, although I still don’t feel comfortable advising a teenager in this manner.

Turned 20 about 1 1/2 month ago, thanks though:), anymore suggestions?

Have you stopped growing already? Once your plates have closed that’s it.

I’m not quite sure, but I think they’re not closed, yet just pretty soon. And that’s exactly why I wanna try it:)

How tall are you if you don’t mind me asking? It’s still possible to be growing at that age but highly unlikely. I stopped growing just after my 15th birthday. I’m 6’3.

0.25mg of Arimidex every other day probably would cause enough suppression without too much harm. I’d start sooner than later however… time is not on your side.

I’m not tall enough;), but I’m not like really short either, does that have anything to say? Anyway, what’s the side effects from using letrozole? I really wish there was a doctor here, cause I don’t like to take risks with my own body, but I guess I’ll just have to do it this time…

If you dose the letro too high you will tank your estrogen and mess yourself up pretty bad.

Joints, no sex drive, etc.

The only real problem with you plan is this, your 20, your growth plates are nearly closed, after being exposed to normal estrogen levels for years.

Using letro to reduce your E by just a little bit is not going to have any significant effects compared to the years of estrogen the plates have already been exposed to.

So its not going to do anything.

Not to mention that when you come off your going to get some E rebound, its pretty much unavoidable with letro.

Even if you use an SERM to come off correctly you might still have a few days of elevated E, which would do more to close your growth plates than your normal E levels would in an extended peroid of time.

Not a good idea, not worth it, try something else.

[quote]

Not a good idea, not worth it, try something else.[/quote]

[quote]BroadRipple wrote:

Not a good idea, not worth it, try something else.

HGH, wearing tall hats…the usual.

No but seriously, at age 20 there is really nothing you can do.

Im fairly sure your growth plates are closed by now and even if they are not, you might get another half to an inch between now and 25, but that’s pushing it as well.

Even high dose HGH would not do much of anything to affect your height.

If you were young it could, but now your pretty much the height your going to be until you die.

I was 5’11 at 18, and Im just a hair over 6 foot now, so its possible, but I dont think drugs are the answer.

Adequate nutrition will probably serve you better than 3 grand worth of HGH.

I’ve been considering HGH myself too. Got a question about it:

Will HGH work better if a person begins using it at, for example, age 17 than a 20 year old? I’ve heard that if you use it for 2 years you’ll grow about 3 inches from it. If you begin using it at age 20 you will only have a few months left with HGH before you’re done right? Therefore, I think it would be smart to combine HGH with either Letrozole or Arimidex. That way I can use HGH for a longer time, I think…

I’ve been considering HGH myself too. Got a question about it:

Will HGH work better if a person begins using it at, for example, age 17 than a 20 year old? I’ve heard that if you use it for 2 years you’ll grow about 3 inches from it. If you begin using it at age 20 you will only have a few months left with HGH before you’re done right? Therefore, I think it would be smart to combine HGH with either Letrozole or Arimidex. That way I can use HGH for a longer time, I think… [/quote]

Not even close.

Letro and adex have nothing to do with HGH.

If you do get 3 inches from HGH at 17 it probably means your jaw and skull are going to be growing out of proportion etc.

Inducing bone growth with HGH is a terrible idea unless your a dwarf.

I was joking about using HGH.

Yeah, but I mean adex makes you’re growth plates fuse later right? That way if I combine it with HGH the HGH will have more time to grow on. I just want 1 inch from HGH…

why not tell us what height u actually are now?

whats the secret?

Yeah, but I mean adex makes you’re growth plates fuse later right? That way if I combine it with HGH the HGH will have more time to grow on. I just want 1 inch from HGH…[/quote]

Anyone who knows?:slight_smile:

My height is 5’8 by the way…

Yeah, but I mean adex makes you’re growth plates fuse later right? That way if I combine it with HGH the HGH will have more time to grow on. I just want 1 inch from HGH…[/quote]

If you aren’t a troll you a doing to a good job to make it appear otherwise.

You dont seem to understand how adex and letro would make the growth plates fuse later.

Estrogen does “fuse” the plates so much as it speeds up the cycle involved in the bone’s normal cycle of growth.

So any extra estrogen in the system will speed up the bones growth cycle and not give it time to grow to its normal size.

To see ANY results from an AI like adex or letro, you would have to run it at a constant low dose for YEARS.

Even that would have very minimal effects unless you were just hitting puberty.

Your growth plates are nearly fused, and even if they are not, they will be fused before you have time to use enough AI to have any effect.

Youd have to buy years worth of AI and HGH to have a significant effect on your height at this point, assuming its even possible.

This is all based hypothetically on your “technical” assessment that your growth plates “dont feel fused” yet.

I assure you the pretty much are by age 20.

[quote]Westclock wrote:
BroadRipple wrote:
Yeah, but I mean adex makes you’re growth plates fuse later right? That way if I combine it with HGH the HGH will have more time to grow on. I just want 1 inch from HGH…

You dont seem to understand how adex and letro would make the growth plates fuse later.

Estrogen does “fuse” the plates so much as it speeds up the cycle involved in the bone’s normal cycle of growth.

So any extra estrogen in the system will speed up the bones growth cycle and not give it time to grow to its normal size.

To see ANY results from an AI like adex or letro, you would have to run it at a constant low dose for YEARS.

Your growth plates are nearly fused, and even if they are not, they will be fused before you have time to use enough AI to have any effect.

Youd have to buy years worth of AI and HGH to have a significant effect on your height at this point, assuming its even possible.

This is all based hypothetically on your “technical” assessment that your growth plates “dont feel fused” yet.

I assure you the pretty much are by age 20.[/quote]

Okay, understand that, but didn’t Dope just say this:

0.25mg of Arimidex every other day probably would cause enough suppression without too much harm. I’d start sooner than later however… time is not on your side.

And of course it would be better if I had used it form earlier on:).

Westclock wrote:
BroadRipple wrote:

I assure you the pretty much are by age 20.

Okay, understand that, but didn’t Dope just say this:

And of course it would be better if I had used it form earlier on:).

[/quote]

.25 mg over an extended peroid of time will cause some suppression, but suppression isnt really the issue.

The issue is that using it now will have more or less no effect.

Im really not sure how else to communicate this, you want me to tell you theres hope, that it “might” work…well fine.

Run your adex non-stop till your 25, it might work, but the chances are not good.

Thats alot of adex, and its not going to be cheap.

Throw in HGH and I hope your well funded.

Just eat carrottz. Guarenteed results.

/thread.