Letrozole after Clomid?

I’ve been on clomid mono therapy for almost a year. Tried coming off but got high estro sides, bp spiked, prostate got irritated and I developed a lump under my right nipple. Got back on clomid and talked to my dr about this.

Dr told me I could try low dose letrozole (it’s the only AI available here) for few weeks after stopping clomid. I was surprised to find that there are actually multiple studies showing that low dose letro was actually effective even in treating hypogonadism.

I know there is a lot of talk about AI’s being bad, but IMO this is a situation where it could be beneficial, to avoid high e/low t issue. The gyno and irritated prostate are pretty clear indicators, and I’m not gonna risk worsening them.

What do you guys think? I’ve always been weary of letrozole, but idk… maybe if I try a really low dose, like 1/4 pill = 0,625mg 2x week?

It’s highly unlikely you’re getting high estrogen sides coming off clomid, if anything estrogen and testosterone are coming down and not going up when stopping clomid.

As for the gyno flare up, men coming off cycles get gyno as hormone levels are crashing, creating an imbalance of various hormones (T, E2, DHT and prolactin) which is what triggers gyno, if you’re unlucky enough to have the gene responsible for gyno.

Has your doctor confirmed this with blood tests?