T Nation

Letro Gyno Reversal On Cycle

Hey y'all.

So I'm in week 9 of a 14 week Test E cycle. I'm pinning 300mg every 4th day. Cycle has been fantastic and has so far provided the exact results I wanted . I'm controlling my diet to minimize weight gain, but still want to gain the strength. My lifts are all way up there and I've only put on 8-10lb. While cutting off 4% bf.

Anyway I got some gyno lumps early on. I've had issues with it in the past so I knew to get on Letro asap. SoI've been running 2.5/day for 30 days at least. I'm halfway through my second bottle of RUI Letro.

I want to back letro down to .5 mg for the rest of the time to not be completely E2 deficient. I still have small knots though. Only behind the nip, they are half the size or less from when it started. Zero sensitivity anymore. I'm thinking what's there is just permanent at this point, some was probably preexisting.

Think I'm accurate in that? Our should I keep nuking at 2.5/day?

Also I just started HCG for the back weeks to ease PCT. Worried that'll make it worse.

Is 0.5mg high enough dose of Letro for prevention? I also have NOLVA but just saving it. ShouldI incorporate?

letro reduces estrogen in men about 60%

run nolva 40mg

I’ve read it reduces it up to 98%. It’s the strongest AI that exists isn’t it? I’m not having any high estrogen symptoms, and the gyno did get better and now I have no sensation in the nips, not puffy either, just lump still beneath the nip. Can’t see it, just feel it. It may just be permanent. After a month at 2.5/day letro , can it even get better still?

I have heard Nolva and letro will lessen each other’s effectiveness. Is that not the case?

Should I run both? I do want to allow some aromatization to happen so too low E2 doesn’t become a problem.

I’ve read it reduces it up to 98%. It’s the strongest AI that exists isn’t it? I’m not having any high estrogen symptoms, and the gyno did get better and now I have no sensation in the nips, not puffy either, just lump still beneath the nip. Can’t see it, just feel it. It may just be permanent. After a month at 2.5/day letro , can it even get better still?

I have heard Nolva and letro will lessen each other’s effectiveness. Is that not the case?

Should I run both? I do want to allow some aromatization to happen so too low E2 doesn’t become a problem.

98% in women.

many of the stickies in this forum have very flawed information.

if you want to help your gyno, run nolvadex 40mg a day for a few weeks and keep track of progress

Short-term aromatase inhibition: effects on glucose metabolism and serum leptin levels in young and elderly men

Abstract

Objective To assess and compare the effects of short-term aromatase inhibition on glucose metabolism, lipid profile, and adipocytokine levels in young and elderly men.
Design and methods Ten elderly and nine young healthy men were randomized to receive letrozole 2.5 mg daily or placebo for 28 days in a crossover design.
Results Both in young and elderly men, active treatment significantly increased serum testosterone (+128 and +99%, respectively) and decreased estradiol levels (−41 and −62%, respectively). Fasting glucose and insulin levels decreased in young men after active intervention (−7 and −37%, respectively) compared with placebo. Leptin levels fell markedly in both age groups (−24 and −25%, respectively), while adiponectin levels were not affected by the intervention. Lipid profile was slightly impaired in both groups, with increasing low density lipoprotein-cholesterol levels (+14%) in the younger age group and 10% lower levels of APOA1 in the elderly. A decline in IGF1 levels (−15%) was observed in the younger age group. No changes in weight or body mass index were observed in either young or old men.

Conclusions Short-term aromatase inhibition appears to affect glucose metabolism in young men, and lipid metabolism, including leptin secretion, in young and elderly men. Furthermore, the short period of exposure suggests that these changes might be mediated by direct effects of sex steroids rather than by changes in body composition.

here’s a study on letro, but keep in mind it’s in subfertile men:

http://www.williamsurology.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/aromataseinhibitorsfertilsterilgreece2012.35295506.pdf

but yeah, armidex and femara do not work well with nolvadex. when looking to stack something with nolva, then aromasin is the preferred choice… and the decrease in estrogen is nearly as much as femara (letro).

Thanks for the info… So Mr. Walkway. Should I do Nolva with Letro. Or discontinue Letro and just run the Nolva?

Thanks for the info… So Mr. Walkway. Should I do Nolva with Letro. Or discontinue Letro and just run the Nolva?

[quote]molonlabe1911 wrote:
Thanks for the info… So Mr. Walkway. Should I do Nolva with Letro. Or discontinue Letro and just run the Nolva?[/quote]

I would run letro with nolva yes

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

Thanks for the info… So Mr. Walkway. Should I do Nolva with Letro. Or discontinue Letro and just run the Nolva?[/quote]

I would run letro with nolva yes[/quote]

Sounds good. Thanks .

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

I would run letro with nolva yes[/quote]

Sounds good. Thanks . [/quote]

again, no, you should not do this.

anastrozole (arimidex) and letrozole (femara) reduce the effectiveness of tamoxifen (nolvadex) when administered together…

for treatment of gyno on-cycle, i’d go with raloxifene instead of tamoxifen, as it is reported to have better affinity to the ER in breast tissue. also, this is nice, as one can still switch over to tamoxifen in PCT, as it’s much more effective at raising testosterone levels.

http://www.jpeds.com/article/S0022-3476(04)00319-1/abstract

as far as i know, letro, a-dex and aromasin all work just fine with ralox. in your case, i’d prolly keep using letro, since you’re already using it here…

if you want to combine an AI and SERM in PCT, i’d go with Aromasin and Nolvadex.

in closing, ralox is better than nolva here, because 1) it’s actually more effective at treating gyno, 2) ralox does not lose effectiveness when used with letro/a-dex (whereas nolva does) and 3) nolva is simply best saved for PCT, where ralox is not nearly as effective

Man there is so much to know…lol. okay so keep running letro, but no nolva because the AI will render the serm ineffective?

I guess in that case back to my original question… What is a good dose to run letro as a preventative rather than for reversal? I’m fairly certain that I nuked most the gyno already. The lumps I still feel I think are probably permanent from previous bouts with it.

What about Clomid? I have access to whatever

Man there is so much to know…lol. okay so keep running letro, but no nolva because the AI will render the serm ineffective?

I guess in that case back to my original question… What is a good dose to run letro as a preventative rather than for reversal? I’m fairly certain that I nuked most the gyno already. The lumps I still feel I think are probably permanent from previous bouts with it.[/quote]

if you’re gonna use HCG, then i’d keep the letro at your current dose, as long as you’re not suffering side effects. HCG seems to spike E2 for a lot of guys…

adding in raloxifene at 60 mg/day should help with your gyno, especially if your estrogen is under control now.

FWIW, i used aromasin recently to take care of a minor case of gyno, and it eliminated it in 10 days, at 25 mg/day. i was not on cycle at the time, tho…

Thanks again for all your replies!! I’ll look into ralox. Take care!

Just ordered Aromasin, and some Clomid and more Nolva (for PCT) Should have it tomorrow. Thanks for the help guys. I look forward to posting positive results.

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:

http://www.williamsurology.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/aromataseinhibitorsfertilsterilgreece2012.35295506.pdf

but yeah, armidex and femara do not work well with nolvadex. when looking to stack something with nolva, then aromasin is the preferred choice… and the decrease in estrogen is nearly as much as femara (letro).

[/quote]

do you have a source for that? I found a study the other day that said you can use them with nolva and it’s fine

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[/quote]

do you have a source for that? I found a study the other day that said you can use them with nolva and it’s fine[/quote]

i’ll have to do some digging… just google tamoxifen with letrozole and it should pop up pretty quick.

I searched it too. Everywhere I find says letro and nolva is a no go.

I took your advice and have Ralox, and Aromasin coming. That seems to be the best combo I’m reading as far as gyno reduction and keeping lipid values half way decent.

Also I don’t want to be on letro much longer. For fear of causing big problems with low E2 and poor Lipid levels. Aromasin and Ralox seem like a great combo. I’ll also have more Nolva for PCT

Thanks again

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[/quote]

do you have a source for that? I found a study the other day that said you can use them with nolva and it’s fine[/quote]

i’ll have to do some digging… just google tamoxifen with letrozole and it should pop up pretty quick.
[/quote]

not sure if this link will show up, but even on basic med lists it shows up as an interaction: