Let Myself Go Bigtime. Time to Smarten Up

[quote]deat wrote:

[quote]sous52 wrote:
SEPTEMBER 2009 - 16 years old, ~190 lbs, 5’8. typical teenage garbage diet. Bench/Squat/deadlift, 225/245/265.

I was playing football, practice and a game every weekday, and also playing ball hockey once a week. lots of walking to and from school. Only weight training in offseason.

MAY 2011 - 17 going on 18, ~250lbs, 5’11. Equally garbage diet. bench/squat/deadlift, 315/395/405.

Football season is done, now goin on lacrosse season. gym at least 4 times a week.

As you can see i put on A LOT of weight. quite a bit of fat too. okay maybe a lot. so now im getting fed up and tired of being so pudgy. time for a positive change. lifts have gone up dramatically, but thats probably due to the weight put on. my upper body is a lot bigger and equally defined. but unfortunately my stomach has equally grown, soi dont look bigger up top, just a bigger scale version.

My workout routine has been working for me and my PRs have responded accordingly, setting a new one every couple months.

so obviously its the diet. bad eating habits have caught up to me due to the lowering of physical activity. time to eat clean, time to CUT?

my diet plan looks something like this:
meal 1: 4 eggs, oatmeal, milk
meal 2: whole wheat tortilla, chicken breast, salsa, cheese
meal 3: banana, protein bar
snack: blueberries, granola/oats
post workout: banana, protein, rice cakes, peanut butter
meal4: chicken breast/steak, broccoli (rice or pasta on days where i have lax practice/game??)

ANY ADVICE ON DIET, EXERCISE, MENTAL APPROACH?? its obviously been tough realizing this. this post is good thing, getting out my frustrations, maybe it’ll help with my goal.

[/quote]

1)Diet looks good man. Keep it up. Work your butt off in the off season (weights, energy systems work, skill specific training) if keep your diet tight and you’ll lose some of the chub

1. Try to get some more sleep too, texting/facebooking/IMing some hot chick from your history class does not count, even if you are in your bed.

AND If you’re drinking booze or smoking (cigs/weed) then you might as well give up on a diet…I’m not joking[/quote]

I’m pretty good with sleep. at least 7-8 hours a night (if that’s considered good).
And i definitely dont smoking anything. i’ll try and cut out booze as much as possible, considering i already dont drink a lot.