T Nation

Let Me Turn You On To Fred

If you’ve never read Fred Reed, you’re in for a treat:

http://www.fredoneverything.net/FOE_Frame_Column.htm

Check out his cop columns too.

Enjoy!!

I wonder what Fred has been inhaling? I will say this however, he makes a very good point about the voting age:

“Next, nobody under the age of twenty-five should vote. A recent college graduate is a sorry cheese-brained late adolescent.”

Ha ha

Fred has a lot of interesting thoughts.
Don’t just judge him by a mere few articles.

He seems like he would be fun to hang out and shoot the shit with.

One of the things that I love about the Internet is that everyone (if they so choose) becomes “someone.” Fred is having his 15 minutes of fame. I have no problem with that. In fact, I have no doubt that he’s a heck of a lot brighter than Barbara Striesand and company…

I actually think his idea of some kind of basic intelligence/literacy test before you can vote is great idea!
(It would ensure a democrat victory, too)!

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
I actually think his idea of some kind of basic intelligence/literacy test before you can vote is great idea!
(It would ensure a democrat victory, too)![/quote]

Not if you have to be alive to take the test.

He’s actually a professional writer Zeb, although you might not guess it from his website. I think he does still write for a major newspaper in Washington, forgot which though.

Go back into his archives and start reading. (You have to go to his home page to get both lists.) It might become a habit.

I consider his writing skills up there with TC’s. Like TC, he cannot be categorized.

By the way, his father was a missil trajectory physicist for the military during WW2. If you read more of him, you’ll find Fred is also a pretty smart guy.

that is weak, he could’ve at least said
“A recent college graduate who does frat curls is a sorry cheese-brained late adolescent”

[quote]deanosumo wrote:

You don’t really believe that it would help the Democrats, do you?

I can’t believe “Fred” charges money for his books. What a comedian that Fred…

[quote]doogie wrote:
deanosumo wrote:

You don’t really believe that it would help the Democrats, do you?[/quote]

It’s actually a remarkably common attitude around here. Some of the liberals on this board feel they’re part of some evolved human intelligence or something. If you don’t view things their way, you’re stupid…

I think this is his best point:

At least eighty percent of the electorate lives in blank medieval darkness regarding any matter of public policy or history. They might as well vote on the incisions needed in cardiac surgery as try to govern themselves. Poll after poll shows that even graduates of America?s pathetic Halloween universities (where the young disguised as students are hornswoggled by mountebanks disguised as professors), which means most of the universities, do not know who fought in WWI, or within a century when the Civil War took place, or who Galileo was.

Agreed, 100%.

[quote]deanosumo wrote:

HA HA HA HA HA HOO HOO HEE HEE.

Oh god that was so funny. Smart people voting for Democrats, that hilarious.

Bwahahaha.

Now why do you think the Democrats run that Rock The Vote thing, where they pretend it is bipartisan, (kind of lost that bs when Puff Diddy Pee Daddy Doo Wah Day bitched about who won,) and push all the kids to vote? Because they so stoopeed.

It is also why they are pushing for the convict vote. Criminals overwhelmingly support the Democrats. (Sorry but it’s true.)

Also there would never be an initiative saying people would have to take a test to vote because it would be called racist. Anytime the Democrats want to stop anything they dislike it is called racist. (Or will kill the elderly, or hurt the poor.)

[quote]The Mage wrote:
deanosumo wrote:

HA HA HA HA HA HOO HOO HEE HEE.

Oh god that was so funny. Smart people voting for Democrats, that hilarious.

Bwahahaha.

Now why do you think the Democrats run that Rock The Vote thing, where they pretend it is bipartisan, (kind of lost that bs when Puff Diddy Pee Daddy Doo Wah Day bitched about who won,) and push all the kids to vote? Because they so stoopeed.

It is also why they are pushing for the convict vote. Criminals overwhelmingly support the Democrats. (Sorry but it’s true.)

Also there would never be an initiative saying people would have to take a test to vote because it would be called racist. Anytime the Democrats want to stop anything they dislike it is called racist. (Or will kill the elderly, or hurt the poor.)[/quote]

Great job Mage!

This is one of the single best political posts that I have read around here in a long time!

Not only 100% true, but very funny as well:

“Puff Diddy Pee Daddy Doo Wah Day”

I would only add “do dah do dah”

LMAO

Fred has a very good T-rant this week. Check out his article titled:

Maribel Cuevas: A Great American

The link is: http://www.fredoneverything.net/Maribel.shtml

Here is the first paragraph to wet your whistle:

Here, in the home of the free, the land of the brave, and suchlike prattle, I encounter this: ?An 11-year-old girl who threw a stone at a group of boys pelting her with water balloons is being prosecuted on serious assault charges in California. Maribel Cuevas was arrested in April in a police operation which involved three police cars and a helicopter.?